Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FS: 1991 318is Alpine - Denver Colorado - SOLD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FS: 1991 318is Alpine - Denver Colorado - SOLD!

Hello r3vers. Now that my swap car is working again, I no longer need my daily driver. I'm located in Denver, Colorado and wouldn't hesitate to drive this car to either coast tomorrow.

Rust free, no accidents, perfectly straight body, 5 speed manual, 237k miles.

Just replaced the oil filter housing gasket and o-ring, as well as the dipstick o-ring. Just replaced the valve cover gasket. Have an extra lower oil pan gasket you can also have. (Don't need m42 parts with an m52) ;)

Within the last 5000 miles its gotten a new alternator, tie rods, front sway bar links, front control arms and bushings, idle control valve, and h&r sport lowering springs.

Nice cd/mp3 player with USB iPod/iPhone hookup, slotted rotors up front, exhaust sounds good. All the electrics in the car work, except for the rear defroster, only a line or two are functioning.

Windshield has a few cracks, not in drivers field of view, blinker has to be manually turned off, front valence has a few little bends, cracked drivers side fog glass (fogs both work though), glove box latch is broken.

A few cracks/tears in the upholstery on the front seats, especially the drivers side outer bolster.

Power steering has been removed. I can offer you all the parts to put it back in if you like. PO removed it due to leaking hoses, I have hoses that do not leak (came off my swap car).

A/C belt is not present and I'm unsure if it works or not. PO never indicated it worked with compressor. I have a complete A/C system I can offer you if you'd like.

Gauges are a little jumpy now and then (cluster ground), but everything still works. Brake lining light is on, but the pads are good and the sensor just wasn't replaced last time the pads were.

Just replaced both rear shock mounts with new ones.

SOLD!

Last edited by monkeytaco; 10-25-2011, 11:24 AM.

Looking for a clean e30 shell for a project.

Nice! GLWS
    sigpic

Comment

Someone please buy this before some knot-head off CL does.

Good price for a 318is, this car has a nearly perfect body, and I sold my brilliantrot for $2500 and it had over 200k and it had been in a pretty nasty fender bender and had faded paint, too.

Also, as you have gathered, I know the seller (and his car) personally, good seller here, he has taken care of this car.

Comment

Reminds me of my 91 318is... miss her bad. If it was east coast it would be hard not too! GLWS!!!!
        Nunzio
        Creative Director & Professor
        Twitter

2010 Vespa GTS300 | 2000 323iT Euro | 1991 RRC Hunter | 1987 325is (guten build) | 1983 Jaguar XJ6 Vanden Plas

Comment

Thanks Nespo! I'd keep her if my wife didn't want me to have fewer cars... :)

Comment

Damn, if the A/C was working I would almost certainly pick this up :(
            2006 aspen white sti
            e30 daily driver...soon
            :mrgreen:

Comment

Very interested. PM me if you haven't sold it already.

Comment

Originally posted by alandis333 View Post
                Very interested. PM me if you haven't sold it already.
                PM sent.

Comment

whaaaat man this is even a better deal now than it was yesterday!

If i didn't already own a 1991 alpine 318is w/ >240k miles.....

Comment

Sold!
                    Last edited by monkeytaco; 10-25-2011, 11:24 AM.

Comment

I doubt you can find a 318is in this condition for less money.

Comment

this car will be gone here in a bit, craigslisters are swarming all over this car I hear since the price drop.

Comment

I NEED TO SELL MY M3 SO I CAN PICK ONE OF THESE NICE CARS UP!

It's up for sale now.
                          Hopefully this doesn't disappear too fast.

nice car
                          Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

1989 BMW 325i SOLD
                          1998 BMW Estoril Blue e36 M3/4/5 SOLD
                          1987 BMW 325 (The Piece) SOLD
                          1991 BMW 318is S52 swap (The Beast) Now Driving Project Thread: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=234207

Comment

Sold!

Comment

Monkeytaco, i almost bought your car, i was one of the people you were emailing with :) , im glad you got it sold, because i bought a different one, and was feeling bad.

John 16:33

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X