(nj) fs: 1990 e30 m3 s52

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(nj) fs: 1990 e30 m3 s52

Well after stripping the car down to a bare shell and rebuilding it I have made the decision to let it go. My wife and I are having a baby and the M5 makes more sense to keep.
    This E30 M3 was in Performance BMW before I sold it with the turbo S38, since buying the car back last year i have gone through and reworked it to be a complete daily driver.
    I was planning on building this one last time and not having to touch it except for BS maintenance issues.

Its a 1990 M3 with around 164k on it painted Viper Red, all fenders/quarters have been widened 3/4". The car has an Evo rear wing with CF adjustable flap, OEM BMW Evo front lip,
    and shaved washers on the hood. After removing the S38 the engine bay was completely redone--partially shaved, seam sealed, convertible reinforcements installed and then
    primed/base coat/cleared/wet sanded/buffed. The interior was removed including all wiring and any hint of a flake of rust was removed and POR15'd.

The drivetrain is an S52 from a 1998 M3. It has a lightweight flywheel with a brand new Sachs heavy duty clutch on a ZF trans and 3.25 LSD. The motor has Euro HFM with a Turner chip
    and OBD 1 cats through a Magnaflow muffler.

The suspension is Ground Control coilovers with Bilstein sports.
    Fikse FM10 17x9 front 17x10 rear with no rubbing at all.

I have installed a Pioneer headunit with Iphone/Bluetooth, component speakers up front. The trunk has a custom sub built with the amps mounted within a false floor.

I was building this car with the intentions of being able to drive it anywhere, anytime.
    However at this stage in my life i'll stick with the M5 and pay down some bills before the baby comes.

$20,500 and i will take partial trade on a car i can sell to make the difference.

Thanks
    Last edited by Bemdub; 07-04-2012, 10:33 AM.

What was the reasoning behind changing from a turbo s38 to NA s52?

Comment

I would guess peace of mind with daily driving? GLWS!
      92 325ic 5 speed, hard top, windscreen, 133k, for sale
      sigpic

Comment

Some of the pics are older and some are from the rebuild. I will get more pics as I finish the car.

Comment

PM'd, did you finish the car?

Comment

Here are a few more pics taken yesterday. The car needs a few more things like mount front bumper and ps sideskirt, align fenders/hood, install headunit, and a few other little things. I am going to try to get them all done by this weekend.

I am still amazed at the depth of the paint

Comment

Does the s52 still have all the emissions reducing components hooked up? I see that it still has cats, trying to figure out what else it would need to pass emissions in my state.

Comment

Originally posted by IAm-Topik View Post
                Does the s52 still have all the emissions reducing components hooked up? I see that it still has cats, trying to figure out what else it would need to pass emissions in my state.
                The S52 has been converted to OBD1 and has the stock E36 M3 OBD1 cat section.

Comment

This seems godly, so awesome. Good luck, Dude!

Comment

wow, very nice. Where in Jersey are you?

Comment

pm'd

Comment

WTT: 2000 E39 M5 for E30 M3 or M Coupe
                        I wouls like to trade my 2000 E39 M5 for an E30 M3 or M Coupe. I have car A.D.D. so I am now want something new. I sold my E30 with an S52 to buy this car and I want something small again.

The car has 128K. All maintenecce is up to date and I have had zero problems with it.

Recent Maitenence/Mods:

New Clutch and Slave
                        New Radiator Overflow
                        New Suspention (Bushings, Control Arms, End Links)
                        Bilstein PSS Coilovers
                        New Spark Plugs
                        Intake
                        Cabin Filters
                        Tires
                        Muffler Delete
                        New Tint
                        Dash Cover
                        Dinan SSK
                        Brighton Vison Wheels 19X8 & 19X10

The car was always serviced at a BMW Dealership before I purchased it. The only thing the car will need in the near future is brakes... I was waiting for a used BBK to come along so I just replaced pads and not rotors. The wheels could also use a proper powdercoating as they are just painted now.

Let me know what if you are interested.

Thanks,

Kevin

PS My work computer is not letting me attach PICs so I try at home tonight

Comment

I have a pic of your car in my kids toy room I bought it online as a 8 piece poster...love it

Comment

Any new pics of the car? Interior?

Comment

Originally posted by Bemdub View Post
                              Well after stripping the car down to a bare shell and rebuilding it I have made the decision to let it go. My wife and I are having a baby and the M5 makes more sense to keep.
                              This E30 M3 was in Performance BMW before I sold it with the turbo S38, since buying the car back last year i have gone through and reworked it to be a complete daily driver.
                              I was planning on building this one last time and not having to touch it except for BS maintenance issues.

Its a 1990 M3 with around 164k on it painted Viper Red, all fenders/quarters have been widened 3/4". The car has an Evo rear wing with CF adjustable flap, OEM BMW Evo front lip,
                              and shaved washers on the hood. After removing the S38 the engine bay was completely redone--partially shaved, seam sealed, convertible reinforcements installed and then
                              primed/base coat/cleared/wet sanded/buffed. The interior was removed including all wiring and any hint of a flake of rust was removed and POR15'd.

The drivetrain is an S52 from a 1998 M3. It has a lightweight flywheel with a brand new Sachs heavy duty clutch on a ZF trans and 3.25 LSD. The motor has Euro HFM with a Turner chip
                              and OBD 1 cats through a Magnaflow muffler.

The suspension is Ground Control coilovers with Bilstein sports.
                              Fikse FM10 17x9 front 17x10 rear with no rubbing at all.

I have installed a Pioneer headunit with Iphone/Bluetooth, component speakers up front. The trunk has a custom sub built with the amps mounted within a false floor.

I was building this car with the intentions of being able to drive it anywhere, anytime.
                              However at this stage in my life i'll stick with the M5 and pay down some bills before the baby comes.

The car is not 100% done as im waiting to get the front bumper back from the painter, and it needs some final assembly which will be a few weeks--I just wanted to get the ball rolling.

I am asking 22k or best offer for everything. However i will take partial trade on a car i can sell to make the difference.

I will get up all pics i have tonight.
                              Thanks

So I have a 2003.5 M3 That I would be willing to make a trade on if you are interested.

We can work on prices if you are interested.

If not I am still intersted in the car. What is the interior like? have you put any miles on the car since the paint? Really I guess I just want to know what the problems with the car are.

Thanks for your time
                              -Joseph

Comment

Working...
                              X