X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boston: FS 1988 325is Silver

**SOLD**

Hi all.
    I’m selling my 1988 BMW 325is with 209K true miles. It’s been in the r3vlimited community for some time and several of you may be familiar with it. I’ve had it for just under a year and it’s been a fun and solid car. It starts, runs, and drives great. I’ve done some minor things to tidy it up. Recently, however, I’ve noticed a little bit of oil in the coolant which I suspect could be due to a failing head gasket. The car still gets 26MPG HWY, has never overheated, and doesn’t smoke but it should be addressed. This should be a fun and straightforward fix for many of you in the E30 community. I can’t justify having it as a second car given my parking situation and how little I drive it. Hopefully someone in the community can take over and enjoy it.

Replaced within the past year (brand new parts of OEM quality)
    - Timing belt, radiator, and water pump
    - Power steering rack, reservoir and lines (ZF)
    - Front control arms and tie rods (Lemforder)
    - Front and rear shock mounts
    - Skid Plate
    - G20 car alarm
    - Front and rear brake pads and rotors
    - Continental DWS tires on 16” ASA JS1
    - Reman AC compressor (needs belt and recharge)
    - Bunch of other little things such as z3 antenna, seat shocks, bulbs, air filter, spark plugs, etc…

Positives:
    - Clean interior with a crack free dash and nice steering wheel
    - Car was repainted ‘’glesterblau?’ by PO
    - Bilstein front/rear shocks & H&R Sport Springs
    - HID headlights
    - Cylinder Head rebuild at ~ 182,000 by PO (Schrick 272 cam, oem valve springs, seals, rocker arms, …, intake ports opened up)
    - Clean title and no accidents (all panels matching VIN)

Issues:
    - Suspect that head gasket is giving out
    - Some door dings and larger dent on hood
    - Rust: pretty minimal for a NJ and MA car. Underside is solid and the few places where there is blistering have been sanded down to metal, treated, and primed/encapsulated. I was intending to keep the rust at bay until I had a chance to repaint the car.

I’m asking $2,300 OBO. I’m including a box of diff fluid, oil filters, fuel filters, fuel lines, etc… which I never got a chance to install.

Thanks for looking!
    Please don’t hesitate to ask me questions and shoot me offers via e-mail, PM, text, cell
    jefflee87@gmail.com
    (five WON zero) 221-7737

Thanks

-jeff
    Attached Files
    Last edited by kungfooren; 03-27-2014, 08:48 PM.

bump

Comment

Sold

Comment

Working...
      X