Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1999 BMW E36 convertible incl hardtop 323i 5 speed never smoked in 92k Columbus, OH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1999 BMW E36 convertible incl hardtop 323i 5 speed never smoked in 92k Columbus, OH

I am offering for sale from a private seller -
    with a clean and clear title in hand with MY NAME on it !
    92xxx miles.
    last year of the timeless and classic E36 bodystyle.

This vehicle was always a female owned, garaged and pampered Ohio car.
    If you see the car it is immediately evident that it was never abused or neglected in any way.
    The previous owner's husband was just as OCD as I am and the maintenance records show it.
    You might find cheaper E36 convertibles but you will spend a LOT of money to getting them to this condition.
    Most likely you will have a hard time finding another E36 convertible with a manual transmission.

98% original, maintenance above and beyond manufacturer specs done and 99% of all records and receipts (missing window sticker).
    Hardtop is included but can be sold without as well - have several parties interested in just the hardtop.
    Every piece of sheet metal carries the VIN tag and the car has never had any paint or bodywork with the exception of the rear bumper which was resprayed once (that is the one minor incident mentioned on carfax and autocheck, i have all records for this showing it was a parking lot incident and required a mere respray of the original bumper).
    I have a paint thickness gauge and can take pics of measurements to verify.
    I can also do a compression test and take pics for any seriously interested parties.
    I can make this a 100% transparent transaction so anyone in the country feels comfortable to fly in and drive this thing home.
    From anywhere in the country.

in summary $6529.04 have been spent on the car in the last years for mostly PM and some repairs.

5-31-14 installed H&R sport springs (part# 29929-1), BMW Motorsport strut tower covers
    5-21-14 installed new upper hood latches, new fan cover screws, new cabin filter, new cruise control support bracket
    5-15&16 removed the entire interior (front and rear seats, headrests) and did a full leather treatment on seats and interior (lexol cleaner and conditioner, i am a leatherique person but previous owner used lexol so i wanted to stick with it), interior detail - vinyl and rubber surfaces were treated with Meguiars
    5-13-14 i had the one wheel straightened at wheel medic to make the set on the car a perfect / mint condition set $91.38
    also mounted a new used tire on the spare wheel $24.18
    5-12-14 at 92832 miles at hatemautomotive.com: Oil Service (Castrol Syntec 5W30), R&R transmission fluid (RedLine MTL 70W80, API-GL4), R&R upper radiator hose and radiator cap, R&R AC belt and tensioner $489.56

furthermore following things have been addressed :
    - cooling system (water pump, aluminum thermostat cover, belt tensioner, pulley etc.)
    - front control arms and bushings as well as tie rods
    - Zimmerman coated front rotors, mintex pads, rebuilt calipers, ATE Super Blue, BOSCH Quietcast rear rotors and pads
    - steering rack
    - valve cover gasket
    - Bilstein Touring Shocks (f+r), rear mounts, RTABs
    - K&N air filter
    - etc etc.

only known flaws (will update this as i get around to order parts and fix things) :
    - one of the light bulbs behind gauge cluster is out
    - light bulb behind headlight switch is out
    - front HK mid speakers are disconnected (were "scratchy")
    - passenger side strut missing plastic retainer clip for ABS sensor wire
    - missing the two plastic retainer clips on the fan cover

everything else works exactly like the day it rolled off the line in Regensburg.
    The fabric top and motor works, not a single loose thread, no creases, no cracks, no holes - absolute watertight ! NO DEAD PIXELS on the OBC.
    I am tempted to do the tensioner mod but honestly do not want to mess with it since it only rarely requires a hand.
    i have a large wingspan and it is easy for me to reach around and make sure that the roof lifts correctly.
    and i always do it even if it did not need it....

Just recently I drove this car to Raleigh, NC on 4-23-2014 and back in less than 24 hrs.
    That is over 1000 miles in a day - flawless performance, smooth as silk and had the top down for half the time with a nice tan to show for ;-)
    On 5-4-2014 i took the car down to the Great Smoky Mountain National Park and "rode" the tail of the dragon with my dad and again it performed without any issues.

I can also send you the carfax and autocheck report and the maintenance log etc.
    The build sheet is below the pics.

Please contact me for a link to the picasa album containing almost 200 pics and for any questions.

I can arrange PPIs at buyers expense (and reserve the right to refuse shops that i deem not trustworthy with my cars)
    and would be more than happy to accommodate a fly & drive.
    Closest airport to me is CMH (Port Columbus International Airport).

please contact me with any serious questions.
    I am asking $9499 obo with the hardtop and following parts included :
    - original springs
    - like new MANN air filter
    - new bottom hood locks (left and right)
    - spare used serpentine belt
    - spare used belt tensioner
    - spare used set of plugs
    - spare used MAF boot (leftovers from another members SC conversion all have less than 10k miles on them)

here are some pics - all of which are PRIOR to H&R springs (not that there is that much of a difference -1.5"):

Modellbezeichnung: 323I Ausführung: USA Typschlüssel: BJ73 E-Code: E36 (C) Karosserie: Cabriolet Lenkung: links Türen: 2 Motor: M52 - 2,50l (125kW) Antrieb: Heckantrieb Getriebe: manuell Außenfarbe: Titansilber Metallic (354) Innenraum: Leder Standard/schwarz (P8SW) Produktionsdatum: 17.11.1998 Werk: Regensburg

Code Serienausstattung Standard Equipment S214A Automatische-Stabilitäts-Control (ASC+T) Automatic stability control (ASC+T) S354A Frontscheibe grün Grünkeil Green windscreen, green shade band S411A Fensterheber elektrisch vorne/hinten Window lifts,electric,front/rear S441A Raucherpaket Smoker package S542A Check-Control Check Control S556A Aussentemperaturanzeige Outdoor temperature indicator S687A Radiovorbereitung Radio preparation S850A Zusätzl. Tankfüllung Export Additional Export tank filling S853A Sprachversion englisch Language version English S961A Sondermotor SPECIAL MOTOR S992A Steuerung Kennzeichenbefestigung Control of number-plate attachment

S243A Airbag Beifahrer Airbag for front passenger S260A Seitenairbag für Fahrer/Beifahrer Side airbag for driver/passenger S277A BMW LM Rad Doppelspeiche BMW LA wheel/double spoke S314A Aussenspiegel / Fahrerschloss beheizt  Door mirror / driver's lock, heated S341A Stossfänger komplett in Wagenfarbe Bumpers completely in body colour S388A Verdeck schwarz Softtop, black S399A Verdeck EM vollautomatisch Softtop, electromech. all-autom. S473A Armlehne vorne Armrest front S494A Sitzheizung Fahrer/Beifahrer Seat heating driver/passenger S498A Kopfstützen im Fond mechanisch Headrests, rear, mechanically adjustable S520A Nebelscheinwerfer Fog lights S534A Klimaautomatik Automatic air conditioning S540A Geschwindigkeitsregelung Cruise control S674A HiFi System Harman Kardon Hi-Fi System Harman Kardon S692A CD-Wechsler I-Bus Vorbereitung Preparation, BMW 6-CD changer I-bus S710A M Lederlenkrad M leather steering wheel S818A Batteriehauptschalter Battery master switch S925A Versandschutzpaket Transport protection package
Working...
X