X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lambo
    replied
    Originally posted by agent View Post
    You're asking $30,000 for a Japanese car on a European car forum that needs a headliner, a suspension, a different set of wheels and tires and you're "not positive that anything needs to be addressed mechanically" on it because you haven't driven it in over a year?

If the list of goodies is indeed massive, you'd be well-served to itemize it.

And for future reference, it's "pique my interest" not "peek."
    I thought it was forum policy to not shit on people's for sale threads. Maybe I'm mistaken.

Leave a comment:

• Moose King
    replied
    25k and that car would sail away. Nice car man.

Leave a comment:

• Anubis
    replied
    Sure thing PM'd

Leave a comment:

• word is bond
    replied
    Hey - I don't much about the market for 510s, but an Sr20 powered 510 sounds awesome to me... I even like the Mexican blanket

Leave a comment:

• peasouped
    replied
    Originally posted by Anubis
    Nice car. Is there something unbelievably rare about this that I'm just not seeing.... Price is laughably outrageous. Just went locally to look at an E30 with full imported black top SR20 jdm, AEM standalone, garrett30r, 5 lug swap, and so on for 10K.... and he's got millions of up to date photos. Similar swaps go for something similar.. GLWS...
    If I thought the price was outragous I would not be asking the number I am for it(I know the market really well). 510's are not really comparable to a swapped e30 non M. These cars are very rare and even more rare being rust/rot free, coupe, and straight body. Sure my OP may not be the best picture and description wise, but I will clean it up as soon as I get the chance. You got a link to that e30 because that peaks my interest lol

Leave a comment:

• peasouped
    replied
    Originally posted by E63 View Post
    Car looks sweet and is a super clean swap. May not be on the level of the comparable you posted but a very cleans swap none the less. Got to ask tho... is that really a wood screw holding the head lights in place?!?
    Hah no it is not a wood screw. They are sheet metal trim screws. Very common thing used on cars in the 60's and 70's. They were there prior to the restoration and replaced with new ones when the restoration was done.

Here is the shop that did the restoration:

Leave a comment:

• ThatOneEuroE30
    replied
    1971 Datsun 510 SR20

Originally posted by peasouped View Post
    hahaha ball busters man

You'll quickly realize thats all he does. Great car man. Price seems a little steep but im not a Datsun guy.

Leave a comment:

• King Mufasa
    replied
    Originally posted by agent View Post
    Yeah but that one was signed by Pete Brock and didn't need a headliner.

Isn't their rules against "Thread crapping"

Leave a comment:

• E63
    replied
    Car looks sweet and is a super clean swap. May not be on the level of the comparable you posted but a very cleans swap none the less. Got to ask tho... is that really a wood screw holding the head lights in place?!?

Leave a comment:

• peasouped
    replied
    Thank you all. I will be going to the car this week and will get all the detailed pictures I can. I will get a video of the car as well.

Leave a comment:

• dinkman94
    replied
    hah, and I ALMOST didnt click this ad. glad i did, it was quite an entertaining read. i guarantee this car will not sell to someone on this forum but good luck OP either way. i know nothing about the value/history but it looks sweet

Leave a comment:

• dirty30
    replied
    It's ok OP, most people on here would be lucky to get $2500 for their shitbag e30. Last time I checked 510 prices are going crazy and yours has a seemingly nicely swapped SR20 to boot. Good luck with the sale and remember a car is worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it. Bitchin car in my opinion.

Leave a comment:

• mgoblue
    replied
    Any interest in a newly built e28 from Classic Daily with a built LS1/T56?

Leave a comment:

• SimplyDope
    replied
    Post some half-decent pictures and all the details for the work done and we'll talk more. Interested due to the body work that was done.

Leave a comment:

• BustaRhymes325i
    replied
    If it were a shitbox m3 in similar condition thought, we'd be butt slapping, high fiving and saying things like "drool wish I had the cash".

Carry on.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X