Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FS: 1991 E30 318i 5MT, lots of track goodies

Hi everyone,

First post here at r3vlimited, although I've followed the forums for a while now and post regularly on a few other BMW forums. I'm hoping I can have more luck selling my E30 here.

The car is a '91 318i that's somewhat been brought up to 318iS spec:

The car has the following added:
    - E30 M3 4.10 limited slip differential
    - Bilstein Sport shocks
    - H&R race springs
    - Dinan M42 engine chip
    - Ground control camber plates
    - Sparco strut brace
    - AKG subframe
    - ECS stainless steel brake lines with rebuilt calipers
    - Bimmerworld brake cooler ducts
    - New wheel bearings on all 4 wheels
    - E36 M3 steering rack with new tie rods (shorter ratio steering)
    - Solid front control arm bushings
    - Poly bushings everywhere else
    - D Force 15x7 lightweight race wheels
    - Dunlop star spec tires (>75% of life still remaining)
    - New clutch
    - Shifter similar to a BMW Z3

The car will also come with:
    - Sparco race steering wheel (see pics)
    - Sparco race bucket seats (see pics)
    - Bimmerworld roll cage (see pics) - car already has brackets and mounting holes in car
    - Full 5-point racing harness for each bucket seat
    - Many other spare parts (too many to list)

UP FRONT DISCLOSURE: this car has a clean title, but Carfax shows it as salvaged due to a rear end collision in 1997...not sure if things fell through when it was sold from IL to GA in the early 2000s, but it had a clean title when I bought it and still does. There's nothing on the car (between its appearance and how it drives) that would lead anyone to believe it's a "salvage."

Other than that, the car is in very good shape. Evidence of the rear impact is pretty minor. Minimal rust anywhere on the body -- it was the most rust-free example I could find when I was looking (without exceeding $10,000).

There are some odds and ends on the car that are inoperative: the back power windows are on their way out (though they still function), and the hood has to be popped from the outside. The driver's door has to be closed to be locked as well (has the standard lock seizure that a lot of E30s have...currently working on fixing this). Lastly, the airbag isn't hooked up, because it came with a Sparco steering wheel and I just don't trust hooking up a nearly 30 year old airbag at this point.

I've had the car for a pretty short period of time (~2 months). I bought it from a guy in GA who wanted it as an autocross / track day car but hardly ended up using it apparently. I bought it to use as a track car that I also wanted to make look semi-OEM on the inside, but I think my days of driving a manual are over (for longer than about 15 mins). My lower back has started to lock up from work-related injuries after about 15 mins operating a clutch. Lame, I know...

Price I'm looking for is $4300 with everything except the leather sport seats (Sparcos, roll cage, etc all included though not currently installed)...or $4700 with the sport seats. I would certainly be open to feedback regarding the price from anyone not trying to purchase the car as well.

Car is located in Newport News, VA. Let me know if you're interested...thanks!
    Attached Files

Car has sold. Thanks everyone.

Comment

Working...
    X