FS: 89 325i Touring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FS: 89 325i Touring

Selling my 89 Touring, manual, 160,000 miles.
    It actually started out as a 318, was imported and federalized back in 99, and had an m20 swapped in.
    Manual windows and sunroof, no power steering, no AC, (how it should be ;D) its a very light wagon, and feels like it.

minimal mod's, Remus exhaust, cone intake, can include a set of 15" renault alliance GTA wheels, (kind of bottlecap rally style), it has 14" basketweaves on it now.
    According to who I bought it from, it has some factory sport suspension, it does sit a tad lower than stock ride height, and it feels stiffer than the IS i drove, I wish I had more info, but thats all i've got. I will say it feels perfect, soft enough to deal with typical road imperfections well and stiff enough to feel extremely planted in corners.

I've owned and driven a lot of e30's and i wouldnt hesitate to say that in terms of feeling mechanically solid, this is the best i've driven, no slop/play anywhere, very direct, maybe its a combination of the manual steering and suspension, but its definitely noticeable. I've been using the high ZDDP Amsoil since I bought the car.

Interior is in good shape, not perfect, but better than average for sure, cloth sport/is seats, no tears, good dash with no cracks.

and for the bad.
    front lower fenders are rusty, I looked into getting them replaced vs. fixing them, looks like it would cost about 3-500 for painted fenders.
    Rust spot on back window, not big, i've been spraying it with this anti rust spray to keep it under control and it hasnt gotten any worse in the time i've owned it.
    front lip/lower bumper, some paint chips, and the plastic lip needs a couple clips to be totally secured.
    It could use a tune up in the near future, its gradually gotten more "ticky" not as bad as i've experienced with some e30's, i think you'd be good to go for awhile, but i wouldnt hold off on a valve adjustment for a super long time.

The car is located in Ft. Collins, Colorado, I'm about 3 hours away for work for the winter, so i can show it to anyone interested nearby so long as I have a decent heads up.

I'm selling because i'm out of town all the time and just dont have enough time to drive it, and really just need 1 car at the moment.

Asking 8500 as is. If I get time over the winter I may take care of the fenders and anything else, but then i'd be asking more around 10,000. I'd really prefer to sell it as is, I just think i'll have the time to address the mentioned things until summer. I've had some local offers but no commitments. I do have a close friend who really wants it but max he can do is 7000, but I think its worth a bit more.

PM me with any more questions

Hopefully these pics show up..

Photos aren't working Dogg.

Comment

Seconded on busted photos
      My previous build (currently E30-less)
      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

couldnt get pics to show up so heres the links..

Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users.

Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users.

Last edited by sander; 12-12-2017, 12:00 PM.

Comment

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

bump

Comment

I think the best thing to do is to take more detailed pics of underneath the car so that we can estimate how bad the rust really is
                Simon
                Current Cars:
                -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Some underbody pics, pretty much no rust, a little on an exhaust mount, but thats it.
                  still cant post pics so heres a link..

Comment

Bump, will take offers, trying to sell it quick before I move.

Comment

Working...
                    X