WTB: Mint '89 325is - cash in hand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rturbo 930 View Post
    Yeah, I'm sure he'll cave, and decide that the auto, salvage, 270k mile 325is posted above will be the one he takes home. After all, it's almost mint, right?

And on the other hand, maybe it’s showing the OP how difficult it’s going to be to find the exact car he’s looking for...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The original post is only 3 friggin months old... Do you know how long some people wait to find "the right car" if they are looking for something very special and specific.
      Years.
      Jimmy P.
      87 E30 M3 Prodrive British Touring Car
      88 E30 M3 Zinnoberot - Garage Queen
      88 E30 M3 Lachsilber - SCCA SPU #98
      92 M Technic Cabrio - S14 Powered!
      98 318Ti Morea Green
      04 Ford F350 Dually Tow Machine

Comment

Thank you to everyone that has posted. While I did look at every car that posted, JimmyP hit the nail on the head. I was looking for something very specific and original and was willing to wait. I actually expected to wait longer than I did.

I just purchased the cirrusblau 1989 325is that fnvoirin posted on page 3. I had never considered cirrusblau as a color because I never expected to find a 325is that color in the US. Thank you to fnvoirin for reaching out and being so patient while fielding all my questions about the car. Car runs like a champ on a little cruise from Dallas to Austin and then around the Austin area.
        e30sport.net
        '15 Porsche GT3 - 7-speed PDK - Daily Driver
        '86 325es - s54b32tu - 6-speed - Mtech 1
        '89 325is - m20b25 - 5-speed - Individual

Comment

Good purchase, that car looked to be clean as a whistle.

Comment

Originally posted by BeirBrennerE30 View Post

I just purchased the cirrusblau 1989 325is that fnvoirin posted on page 3. I had never considered cirrusblau as a color because I never expected to find a 325is that color in the US. Thank you to fnvoirin for reaching out and being so patient while fielding all my questions about the car. Car runs like a champ on a little cruise from Dallas to Austin and then around the Austin area.

Congrats! Unusual colors and really nice looking example.

Post up some more details on it.
            1991 318iC
            1989 325i Field Rescue

Comment

Originally posted by Poorhouse View Post
              Congrats! Unusual colors and really nice looking example.

Post up some more details on it.
              Will do. Gotta get it up to New England, go through it and clean it up first.
              e30sport.net

Comment

Originally posted by BeirBrennerE30 View Post
                Will do. Gotta get it up to New England, go through it and clean it up first.

Any updates on the car?
                1991 318iC
                1989 325i Field Rescue

Comment

Its in Boston but Boston is still covered in snow so it isn't going anywhere for a while. I have some parts on order to fix some things wrong with it and get it into perfect shape. I have been dealing with the car having been rekeyed in its life and am in the process of keying it back to VIN and getting a full set of BMW cut keys.

Current quandaries: Car has the original blue carpet but the seats and door cards have been swapped to black. I have a new OE black carpet I can swap in with an Alpina interior or do I keep the blue kinda unique carpet. And the dash isnt cracked but has has 2 dents in it. Do I swap in a crack free perfect dash or go for leather covered dash and center console?

e30sport.net

Comment

I hope OEM taillights and Euro trim are parts that are on the way. Car looks great. Start a thread in the members rides when you do start making the changes
                    Simon
                    Current Cars:
                    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                      I hope OEM taillights and Euro trim are parts that are on the way. Car looks great. Start a thread in the members rides when you do start making the changes
                      Haha... YES! I have a set of MHW taillights and euro trim waiting for it... and a NIB glass moonroof, and a lot of other rare stuff.
                      e30sport.net

Comment

Congrats on the purchase, man that car is clean! I have a question for ya.

Can you expand a little more on why the car had to be a non airbag from the factory? I am guessing it has more to it than the non airbag wheel, but wanted to pick your brain. Reason why I ask, is I have a a donor car that is in great shape and am planning on swapping the dash, all of the electrics, hvac, and non airbag stuff (column, etc). So with some of that stuff basically what could be considered a full conversion into a non-airbag car.
                        E30 Dinan Turbo

Comment

Bimma360: It was a few reasons. One was the airbag vs. non-airbag column and all the differences with it there. I think the fire wall are different on the airbag cars to accommodate the different column but that may not be accurate and then also the one time use bolts to get the column out.

I also wanted pop-out windows that were an '89 thing so its just easier to limit to non-airbag cars since they had everything I wanted. I already went extreme with mods on my '86 so I wanted a car to do more oe+ type build on so I was willing to pay a little extra to get an '89 just the way I wanted it and not have to swap stuff over, and keep it as originalish as possible.
                          e30sport.net

Comment

Cool thanks man. Appreciate the info.

Also hang on hang on. "e30sport.net" was the url for the e30 forum that r3v replaced right? I was on it, but racking my brain if it was a .net. If so, you picked up the domain at some point huh, awesome.
                            E30 Dinan Turbo

Comment

Originally posted by bimma360 View Post
                              Also hang on hang on. "e30sport.net" was the url for the e30 forum that r3v replaced right? I was on it, but racking my brain if it was a .net. If so, you picked up the domain at some point huh, awesome.
                              It was .net back in the day. I wanted a address to rehost Gustave's website. e30M3performance.com was being squatted on but e30sport.net was available and I couldn't pass up the nostalgia.
                              e30sport.net

Comment

Working...
                              X