FS: 1988 535i (5 speed) 199k Miles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FS: 1988 535i (5 speed) 199k Miles

Unfortunately I have to part with my E28. I have owned this car for about a year now with plans to restore it and turbocharge it. I have since been faced with other financial obligations that left it parked for most days. When I purchased this car it needed a new transmission with other miscellaneous work. The car has a 5 speed manual transmission and has 198k miles on the odometer (which works). And is mostly free from rust and rot other than in the front pinch-welds.

I have replaced the transmission with a low mileage (75k) Getrag 260/6 (Redline MTL fluid).

New OEM transmission mounts.

New Clutchmasters FX300 clutch installed with resurfaced OEM flywheel.

Shifter bushings have been replaced as well and I installed a Z3 shifter and ZHP M shift knob.

H&R sport springs with OE replacement shocks.

Rear subframe bushings replaced to Poweflex poly bushings.

Rear differential bushing replaced with new OEM part.

Driveshaft bearing support replaced with new OEM part.

Oil changed twice since original purchase last year (Castrol conventional oil).

K&N air intake to replace broken stock air box (AFM still intact and works perfectly).

Car has no leaking fluids or vacuum leaks. AC has been converted to R134 but needs a recharge.

Tachometer does not work but the rest of the cluster operates as it should.

Car as been repainted 5 years ago from what the previous owner told me and bumpers have been painted and tucked as well. Chrome trim has been shadow-lined.

Overall the car runs and drives perfectly. Exterior is 8/10 and interior is 7/10 due to some leather fading in uneven spots causing mismatched front seats.

Asking 5000 OBO. Located in Hicksville, NY.

Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Gkivoo; 07-04-2019, 11:51 PM.

If I wasn't trying to buy a house, I'd be all over this...
    sigpic

1989 325is
    1992 525iT w/ S52 swap - SOLD

Comment

Man you're killing me! I've wanted an e28 for while now. And this one ticks all the right boxes.

GLWS!
      90 Bronzit 325is
      16 Black Sapphire 340i M Sport

Comment

Bump. I'm realizing that maybe my price point was a little high. I am adjusting the price to be a little more true to what some similar E28's are selling for. Asking 5000 and am accepting all reasonable offers.

Comment

Sold

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
          X