Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FS: '91 Alpine White Vert 5spd - Philadelphia

FOR SALE: 5-speed 1991 BMW ‘325ic’ (318 w/ M20) - $6000 obo

Please feel free to reach out with questions; text for a quicker response at 610 639 five four nine 3

Very hesitantly up for sale is my Alpine White 1991 BMW E30 vert, a ‘325ic’ (originally a 318ic but has an M20 motor swap) with a 5-speed manual transmission. The odometer indicates 123,368 miles but stopped working about 10k ago, so I estimate the chassis has ~135,xxx miles on it, of which I’ve contributed around 15k. The mileage of the motor is unknown, but it runs well and a compression / leak down test within the past couple thousand miles demonstrated everything as being in good shape.

Located in Philadelphia suburbs.

Recent Maintenance (within the last 5k miles):
    - Timing belt / serpentine belt / water pump / thermostat
    - Valve timing adjustment
    - Ignition Leads, sensors, idle control valve, throttle body cleaned
    - Injectors cleaned & spark plugs replaced
    - Intake manifold thoroughly cleaned inside and out, lightly polished, and clear-coated
    - Valve cover cleaned and sprayed wrinkle-black with polished lettering, then clear-coat
    - New BMW E46 M3 oil cap
    - New brake light switch
    - New K&N drop-in filter
    - Fan clutch replaced
    - New motor mounts

Interior Modifications:
    - Nardi Challenge Steering Wheel
    - Alpine Head Unit
    - Lukebox E30 convertible subwoofer enclosure with two 8” Infinity Reference 860w Subwoofers
    - Planet Audio AC2400 4.1 channel amp w/ remote sub level control
    - E34 component speakers & tweeters (front driver side component needs replacement)
    - E36 M3 Shift Knob
    - Black Leather E30 Vert Sport front seats in good condition

Exterior:
    - Lowered on H&R Springs and Bilstein Struts and sitting on 16” One-piece BBS ‘Style 5s’, which were filled and drilled for 4-lug application and balance perfectly; wrapped in Fuzion Touring (205/50R16)
    - Lightly smoked headlights with properly aligned HID conversion
    - Shorter fixed radio antenna from a Z3
    - OE IS lip
    - Euro rear bumper/trim

Needs attention:
    - Left front component speaker needs replacement
    - Lacks a glovebox (had removed when detailing the car at one point and was accidentally thrown out)
    - Small dent in rear lower valence (previous owner backed into something; bumper had been cracked too but I replaced it with a Euro rear bumper & trim)
    - Small crack in front bumper paint
    - Occasional hunting at idle (may need idle control valve service)
    - Tachometer mostly doesn’t work, though it will spring to life sporadically
    - Standard cracked dash
    - Worn bushing causes vibration in steering between ~50 and 65mph (full suspension rebuild kit included)
    - Reverse lights don’t work (but they may just not be hooked up; I’ve not really looked into it)

Included with sale:
    - Red46 E30 Skid Plate / Oil Pan Guard (not installed)
    - ECS Tuning complete front & rear suspension rebuild kit, brand new
    - New shifter bushing
    - Black leather door cards
    - Trickle-charger
    - Bentley publishing E30 technical service manual
    - BMW fan clutch tool
    - Extra cork oil pan gasket

Reason for sale / History of my ownership:

Unfortunately, I’ve not been able to drive the car much lately. My previous job required ~70 miles of daily commute on questionably maintained highways, and I was generally too leery of that to make the trek in the E30. I’ve since relocated to a city and can no longer justify the insurance and upkeep on a vehicle that spends 99.999% of its life garaged (it’s currently graciously residing at my parents’ house).

The car has always been a summer car and never daily driven under my ownership; each fall, it has been waxed, fuel-treated, placed on the trickle-charger, and garaged until the spring. The car has never seen snow during my ownership, and the previous owner assured me the same was true prior to my purchasing it. I picked it up ~5 years ago in the summer of 2014; I had always wanted an E30 vert and had searched for months for the car that suited my tastes. This car was from the south, and I flew to Atlanta to retrieve it and drive back to Philadelphia (If you’re going to pick this up and embark on a similar long-distance drive – let me impart some wisdom: bring sunscreen!)

The car was initially sold as a 318 but has been host to several S52s and now an M20.

The undercarriage is clean and lacks corrosion; it’s breeze to work on compared to my daily driver, which is more than 20 years newer and coated in rust (thank you northeast winters!). This BMW has never seen snow and rarely seen rain. The exterior is also very clean and the only blemishes are a couple rock chips and some slight beginnings of rust by the trunk – otherwise, the car is rust-free from what I’ve been able to gather.

The car has a manual Blue top (rear window is slightly hazy and there is a slight drip at the top of the a-pillar only in a downpour, but otherwise leak-free). The interior trim (other than the black dash) is navy, and the car had initially been equipped with cloth sport seats, but I replaced them with black leather versions. The rear seat is still light-colored and upholstered in cloth but will look excellent if reupholstered to match the fronts.

It’s going to be very tough to part ways, but I know there is a buyer out there who will be able to spend much more time enjoying this vehicle than I have lately. I’m writing this with a pit in my stomach and if you’re seeing it, my head was victorious over my heart – I love the hell out of this car.

Finally, as a condition of the sale, I’d love if you could hang onto my contact info and grant me a right of first offer if you ever decide to sell it yourself; perhaps this car will be in my future again.

Thanks for your consideration,
    -G
    Last edited by audiRS4ever; 08-26-2019, 03:43 PM.

Nice car, I love alpine, glws.

Comment

Originally posted by mbonder View Post
      Nice car, I love alpine, glws.
      I love it too - thank you!

Comment

Bad-timing-posting-right-before-the-site-went-down bump!

Comment

Damn....I'd love to have this car back!

Comment

Originally posted by joey30 View Post
            Damn....I'd love to have this car back!
            Thank you Joe! PM me if serious...

Also, bump - PRICE DROP!

Comment

BUMP to the top - trying to move this before winter

Comment

beautiful car, any interior shots?
                1993 325iC
                1998 M3
                1987 535iS

Comment

Picture links are broken, any chance you could post more? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by arcpolo View Post
                    beautiful car, any interior shots?
                    Will try to get interior shots for you this weekend. Thanks for the compliment! Do love the car but increasingly need the cash / space.

Comment

Originally posted by Wagon_Hunter22 View Post
                      Picture links are broken, any chance you could post more? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Hey - certainly can post more. per previous post, can try to grab additional pics this weekend (car is at my parents' place a bit out of the city, but will be heading out on Saturday). Do you have anything in particular you'd like to see photographed?

Comment

Any chance this is still for sale?

Comment

Working...
                        X