1991 318i OE+ --- Maryland *SOLD*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1991 318i OE+ --- Maryland *SOLD*

***SOLD 6/12/20*** Headed to a new r3ver in Memphis.

This E30 has been loved, maintained and driven for the entire decade I've had it. It's a great driver, and I hope it will continue to be appreciated by the next owner.

Exterior:

Alpineweiss 2 paint - original except sunroof, mirrors, rear bumper cover
    New from BMW 15" Euroweaves in nogaro silver
    Fog lights + "is" front spoiler
    Euro bumper trim
    Hella H4 low beams

Interior:

Houndstooth comfort seats (sport seats available)
    Kenwood BT head unit + premium speakers

Suspension:

Bilstein + H&R Sports
    New OE larger front & rear anti-roll bars
    All rubber bushings

Drivetrain:

Stock M42 rotating assembly
    4 pintle injectors
    Coil on plug conversion (stock coils retained too)
    M44 electric fan
    Mark D 93 octane chip
    Stromung stainless steel cat back
    4.44 locking differential

A/C & heating systems have been overhauled and are working perfectly.

Ready to drive anywhere, no service needed.

$7,600 - many, many extras available

Click image for larger version  Name:	3Ui34Msh.jpg Views:	0 Size:	66.7 KB ID:	9912242

Click image for larger version  Name:	oqQutz8h.jpg Views:	0 Size:	63.9 KB ID:	9912243

Click image for larger version  Name:	1I3Q7RMh.jpg Views:	0 Size:	62.1 KB ID:	9912245

Click image for larger version  Name:	7ljbbvBh.jpg Views:	0 Size:	67.5 KB ID:	9912244
    Attached Files
    Last edited by roguetoaster; 06-12-2020, 05:10 PM.

I really want this, but now is not a good time. Ugh!

Also, the link to the google photos takes me to a page of photos of registrations and driver's licenses (I think it's the wrong link).

Comment

Originally posted by mike.bmw View Post
      I really want this, but now is not a good time. Ugh!

Also, the link to the google photos takes me to a page of photos of registrations and driver's licenses (I think it's the wrong link).
      Thanks for the vote of confidence! Strange about the link, but fixed, guess that's what I get from editing from mobile.

Comment

Sold my other 318 today, still looking for a new owner for this great E30!

Can arrange delivery within my AAA towing distance for free, or let you drive it home on my tags, and am happy to set up an inspection at a local shop for those folks not in the DMV.

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
          Sold my other 318 today, still looking for a new owner for this great E30!

Can arrange delivery within my AAA towing distance for free, or let you drive it home on my tags, and am happy to set up an inspection at a local shop for those folks not in the DMV.
          You sell the black one too?
          Also bump for a great seller and a good looking car, saw it a little bit in person and it looked very well kept.
          85% of the time i have no idea what I'm doing

Comment

Originally posted by Slybeanx View Post

You sell the black one too?
            Also bump for a great seller and a good looking car, saw it a little bit in person and it looked very well kept.
            Thanks, hope your project is going well!

That '86 325e is pretty much just a parts car, haven't officially put it up, but if anyone wants a not amazing condition manual transmission sedan with a locking diff, $700 would take it away.

Comment

Another bump. Seller is a "go to" source for quality information on any questions folks might have about care and feeding for the m42. No doubt that this car is well sorted.
              1990 325i: slippery slope from DD/DE car to SE30/ITS
              1991 318is: raw DD
              2004 330i zhp: civilized daily driver

Comment

Originally posted by Boris3 View Post
                Another bump. Seller is a "go to" source for quality information on any questions folks might have about care and feeding for the m42. No doubt that this car is well sorted.
                Thanks, this one continues to be an excellent M42 and has left me stranded exactly twice in a decade, both times within an easy walk of home! Once from a voltage regulator, and once from the crank damper.

Should also update, the M42 is now back to a conventional V belt setup, but all of the parts for the prototype serpentine belt conversion can be included with the sale if desired.

Since many of us are not able to look at the car in person right now I am happy to do a video walk around, just drop me a text or call.

Comment

Good luck to you, looks like a wonderful little daily for someone. Hopefully those stimulus checks stir up some action.

Any chance you would divulge some info on the pulley swap? It's something I'm fairly interested in doing on the m42 I'm putting in my '75 2002. Most of the threads on it are completely useless and devoid of any actual facts.
                  Current_SeeDee 1972 e10 Luna 1975 e10
                  Past___Veronica 1994 e36 Le-Ah 1987 e30

Comment

Thanks!

There's a thread I made in the M42 section: https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/for...elt-conversion

Basically bolt on stuff, run a smaller V belt to the AC compressor and figure out your own tensioner setup based on your abilities. Before I removed it I picked up an M54 mechanical belt tensioner so the rig could have a better tension system, but didn't get around to modifying it to fit.

There is also a chance that your M42 may not have the bolt on the front of the oil filter canister as it does not seem to be there on all M42s for some reason.

Comment

Bless you good sir! <3
                      Current_SeeDee 1972 e10 Luna 1975 e10
                      Past___Veronica 1994 e36 Le-Ah 1987 e30

Comment

What happened to the stock wheel tires in the pictures.... so wavy. Good luck with the sale. good looking four door. Any chance you wanna part out the wheels or trade+Cash for some normal 14 inch weaves? Just thought I would ask.

Comment

Thanks. The photo album is everything from the history of the car, and think you're referring to the tires that were on the car when I first got it. If so, as best I can assume, a belt separated in one of the tires, which in retrospect felt a lot like a dead shock.

Keeping the car as is until a deal is in the works, then can discuss adding/removing parts as desired.

Comment

Have put a couple of hundred miles on the car since the last bump. Motivated to sell the car before garage renovation starts in late June or early July and this car loses it's parking space.

Comment

Nice car man. GLWS bump!
                              09 BMW 328xi touring 6spd
                              05 Subaru Outback XT 5spd
                              87 BMW 325is
                              a few bicycles

Comment

Working...
                              X