89 325ix automatic in omaha - 5500 obo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

89 325ix automatic in omaha - 5500 obo

I’ve decided to go ahead and list this, rather than pursue trades (translation: I really need to fund my 02 project that’s draining me).

1989 325ix automatic in Omaha
    '89 325ix automatic, 4 door alpine white w/ tan interior. Good paint. Good interior. Comfort seats, in vinyl - heated seats work. Drives great with new shocks and h&r sport springs. Tires are good Hankook all seasons. Dash has 1 hairline crack starting, otherwise very nice. Manual sunroof. New timing belt, water pump, distributor cap & rotor + spark plugs and plug wires. Just adjusted valves. New throttle cable. New coolant hoses. New factory exhaust and cat. New brakes. $5,500 obo

Foibles
    • Small little weird rust spot on passenger door - that's the only place on the car so not sure how it even got there, it's very odd, there is not a dent or gash. Easily repairable & there is no structural / panel rust on the car – extremely rare for an iX
    • Buffed out the hood and fenders to a nice shine, haven't buffed the back have of the car yet, but it shines up nice
    • A couple paint scratches in the plastic pieces as you'll see in the photos – such as the plastic wheel arches & the front bumper
    • Window tint on back window is bubbling
    • Driver door brake hinge needs replaced
    • Lame steering wheel will be replaced w/ nice OEM leather sport 3-spoke in the next day or so
    • ODO shows 146k but isn't ticking over – I would estimate around 200k like most e30s

This car is ideal for the person who wants something mechanically solid & well-sorted - the person w/ limited mechanical knowledge that wants an entry level car they can still get the satisfaction from repairing these minor things & feel like an accomplished chap.

Attached Files

Price drop >>>> $4,500

Comment

Bump again. Need garage space. Please vote on why the market is so slow on this:

a. this car is in the middle of the country and its not worth traveling for, especially right now. If you'd deliver or meet me halfway, then maybe...

b. this car looks like a piece of crap, no one wants it because it's a sedan & an automatic – it would be better off in the junkyard.

c. it's nice but just too darn expensive. I'll make you an offer:

d. the corona virus got me scared to go outside or spend any money because i now have financial insecurity

Comment

Partially B for me. Sedan, white, and Auto. I'm pretty close and it looks solid but that kills it for me.

Comment

It's a combo of b&c.

White Sedan iXes with tan comfort interior, auto w low options are hard to move- there just isn't a large market of folks looking for this car. I see most trading in the 2-4K range. A few manual iX sedans have traded hands for 2500-4K lately. The $$ factor almost has to convince someone looking for something else to compromise.

Even manual sedan iXes are hard to move. My white over black interior '89 ix sedan, 5sp and another member's car down in NC sat on our (what I would consider fairly priced for the condition) white sedan manual iXes for quite a while before accepting offers to get them gone (or in his case, offering the car cheap).

If you wanted to move it, price it closer to 3K and someone will scoop it. Or leave it where it is and you may get lucky and find a buyer.

GLWS, I was iX hunting for something like this car a few months back and ended up with a rusty POS that I ended up having to part. Looks like a nice car, I hope it finds a good home!
          1990 Brilliantrot 325iS Build Thread
          1989 Zinnoberrot M3 Build Thread

Comment

Yet a red manual sedan went for $11.5k on Bring A Trailer recently. It was a nice but not perfect.
            89 325ix coupe Diamondschwartz
            1994 Mazda Miata

Comment

Is this car still available?

Comment

I’m interested in making an offer if it’s available, still. Thanks.

Comment

Still available yes. Sorry for my delayed response – I’m not getting thread notifications from this post for some reason 🤷‍♂️. PM seems to notify though so hit me up I’ll do my best to answer any questions

Comment

Is this car still available? Does the AC work? Very interested but located in NY so I'd have to figure out shipping.

PM me and let's chat, I'd love to work something out that's good for us both.

Thanks!

Comment

Hi everyone, I'm reviving this listing. I had to go dark on this sale for several months because I had to sort out a title issue. Took along time as covid complicates everything. Nonetheless, it's finally ready for sale. Someone asked about AC last summer :) Yes - the AC does work. I realize NE is a weird place to buy a car b/c most enthusiasts are far away, but Im so confident in the car, I would drive it to either chicago, denver, or a comparable distance to ease the process for a buyer.

Comment

I live in Los Angeles, I will give you 4k for the car if you can get it to me if ur interested text me 8054902831.

Comment

Originally posted by mkkalipta View Post
                          I live in Los Angeles, I will give you 4k for the car if you can get it to me if ur interested text me 8054902831.
                          yeah, that’s a bit of a stretch, travel is very complicated with Covid right now. For a trek that distance, I would definitely need to be at full asking price. Thanks for your offer though.

Comment

This is a great deal i would be in if I did it just take delivery of my 1989 ix. For comparison I am in Utah the car is in about the same condition has 145k miles and I paid $4600 locally.

Comment

Originally posted by Summitbum View Post
                              This is a great deal i would be in if I did it just take delivery of my 1989 ix. For comparison I am in Utah the car is in about the same condition has 145k miles and I paid $4600 locally.
                              Hey congrats on scoring an iX and thanks for the comp info. I have it listed locally as well for this number. Folks like to negotiate so I just tried to start it off in a reasonable neighborhood. Omaha is a far from most enthusiasts so having some room to work our travel / delivery options is often helpful, I've learned.

Comment

Working...
                              X