*SOLD* SF Bay Area, 1984 318i, $5000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*SOLD* SF Bay Area, 1984 318i, $5000

1984 (build date 11/'83 actually so that's cool) delphin gray e30 2 door with an m10 and a 5 speed transmission
    This is one of the lightest e30s you can get (2350 lbs). I spent a long time looking for this one, and wanted to swap it but I need a bigger car for work and don't have time to make this into what I wanted anymore. Will consider trades for something larger/newer.

Modifications - all work done in the last 6 moths:

Ireland engineering ssk with custom DSSR (long one)
    Ground control coilovers using 6 cylinder e30 strut housings with rebuilt calipers, new rotors and hawk sport pads
    280lb springs up front and 400lb springs in the rear (tried to match the KW coilover spring rates), koni yellows all around - pretty comfortable with the roads around here but still super fun in the twisties (this car is LIGHT)
    Convertible sway (21mm) bar up front w/ new oem endlinks
    e30 ix/m3 rear sway (14.5mm) bar in the rear w/ new oem endlinks
    '95 e36 m3 offset control arm bushings (harder rubber than the oem e30 m3 ones
    new loemforder control arms
    rebuilt z3 steering rack with e36 tie rods
    mk2 vw recaro seats
    momo steering wheel and custom bmw horn button using the original roundel from the oem steering wheel

Maintenance (all done within the last year):

Waterpump
    Thermostat
    BMW coolant
    Fan Clutch and fan
    motor mounts
    spark plugs
    exhaust gaskets and manifold studs

what it needs:
    A front passenger side wheel bearing. I have two (figured I'd do both) NIB meyle units that I'll throw in with the sale, I just don't have time to do the job. It's currently driving just fine, it just makes some noise on the freeway
    Fiddling with the gauge cluster if you want the speedometer to work all the time. Currently, it works 75% of the time
    A drivers window regulator - roughly $40-$60 on the forums

I just changed the oil with liquimoly 5w-40 but I previously used rotella 10w-40 during my ownership (last 3 oil changes). Wanted to switch to something lighter just to see if it'll run any different. Currently it runs amazingly smooth.

Passed smog right before quarantine (the day of) in March.

I have a rear disc swap setup available to any potential buyers that includes trailing arms that have fresh wheel bearings and rotors and stainless lines with recently rebuilt rear calipers as well (bought them from mcgyver on here)

DSC_0208 by el_wormo, on Flickr

DSC_0210 by
    Last edited by wworm; 10-22-2020, 01:28 PM.
    1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

I should also note, as it's hard to tell in the photos, but the clear coat is faded on the trunk and up into the roof. Not chipping or flaking, just looks dull
    1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

Dammit Will... Someone buy this quick so I dont get ideas...
      Simon
      Current Cars:
      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

This thing is well sorted for the price! 2man, aluminum monster round 2?
        1990 Brilliantrot 325iS Build Thread
        1989 Zinnoberrot M3 Build Thread

Comment

thanks bobbie!

simon - buy this thing and live my dreams

really wish I didn't need something bigger but theres a few decent e46 wagons popping up around here....I'll def be back in an e30 some day
          1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

boop! still available
            1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

Any underside photos of the car? I imagine Bay Area there is no rust.
              OBD1 S52 E36 Compact
              84 318i M10 Zender

Comment

^^ no rust that I've found

Bump! Still available. Have had a few potential buyers back out due to my inability to secure a second car in their desired timeframe, but I've got a new car now so this things just taking up space!
                1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

SOLD - unfortunately not to a r3ver, but fortunately to someone who will swap this thing!

So long, e30 community. I'll be back someday!
                  1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

Thank God it sold, I was getting ideas...

if you get a cool car share the car, WGAF if it’s not an E30, or even a BMW. R3V is auto neutral so you can be whatever you want

Simon
                    Current Cars:
                    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Working...
                    X