SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD on 30 November, 2020

7/91 325ic - 770 code "mtechnic appearance package"
    alpinweiss over lotosweiss volleder
    181k on working odometer, i am the second owner
    factory 5-speed manual transmission car
    full glass out respray in 2018
    largely stock, down to the original, 14", color matched basketweaves
    located in Portland, Oregon, USA

i have owned this car since July, 2015. it came to me as a complete basketcase, that had been off the road for almost a decade. having purchased it from its original owner, i knew it was a car worth saving, particularly, because it was one of a select few that was optioned with the 770 package, as well as a manual transmission, which was uncommon. the original owner was a lawyer and this was reportedly his first major car purchase. somewhere along the line, he got divorced and the car ended up sitting from ~2007, until i purchased the car. right before the car got parked, the pads/rotors/calipers were all replaced. from what i can see, from digging into the car, the cylinder head and related parts (misc cooling hoses, fuel hoses) were serviced around 2002 - my best guess, the owner neglected to change the timing belt and it failed. engine runs very well.

the first thing i did was replace the timing belt, water pump, cap, rotor, plugs, fuel and air filters. at the same time, i replaced the torn, power top assembly with a good, used, manual top assembly. i then daily drove it for about a year before taking it off the road.

in early 2017, i stripped the car down and prepared it for a full body and paint job. it took over a year, but i finally got the car back. i have lots of pictures during the process. only recently, was i able to spend a couple weeks and reassemble the car. the job was pretty decent. the car could definitely benefit from a good wet sand and polish. i will leave that up to the new owner.

during my ownership, i have done the following:
    -new Bilstein Sport dampers and H&R Sport springs (9/20)
    -oil service (9/20)
    -remanufactured factory steering rack, OE motor mounts (9/20)
    -new 205/60/14 tires (9/20)
    -timing belt/water pump/partial inspection 2, overhauled shifting assembly@ 171k (8/15)
    -new OE mtechnic front spoiler (9/16)
    -new OE euro spec mtechnic front bumper assembly (9/16)
    -new OE euro spec mtechnic rear bumper assembly (9/16)
    -new OE outer window scrapers, window guide/door seals (where the door meets the top), cabrio front top seal, wiper grommets, wiper cowl covers, almost all of the mtechnic mounting hardware, door hinge bushings, roundels, kidney grill, Euro headlight grills, H4 low beams, etc (8/20)

i anticipated keeping this car for a long time, but i'm whittling my fleet down to 4 (wow), and am realizing that i'm just not into cars like i once was. it's time to move on.

$20,000, CASH (yes, paper money) or best sensible, IN PERSON, offer. i am motivated to find this car a good, long term home. really not interested in trades, but...if one were to offer the right 2000 M5 in carbon black, it would be hard for me to resist.

seriously interested parties are welcomed to text: fivezerothree.ninesixseven.38hundred

Last edited by e30austin; 11-30-2020, 04:07 PM.
    '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Gorgeous and honest presentation e30austin
    GLWTS!

Comment

Complete description (which is necessary with a car like this). Shouldn’t take long to get this one gone...GLWS

Comment

thanks, guys. hoping someone will give the old girl a good home.

Comment

I took particular pleasure noting the new wiper dampers since its always been one of my pet peeves :-)

GLWS
          Seat Shocks....I have passed the baton to John Christy from Ninestitch. Email John or Garrett at ninestitch1@gmail.com

https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...86#post4944786
          Alice the Time Capsule
          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=360504
          87 Zinno Cabrio barn find 98k and still smells like a barn. Build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...20#post3455220

Comment

Damn! Can't believe you finally decided to sell her man. Hope she'll go to another loving home, preferably someone on R3v.

1992 M tech 2 Convertible - S50 Swap
            1992 e34 Touring- S50 Swap
            1992 325i-S50 Swap (SOLD)

1995 e36 M3 Mugello Red - S50 (SOLD)
            1991 325i Convertible Laguna Green (SOLD)
            1987 325i (SOLD);1992 M tech 2 Convertible (SOLD)
            1988 325i Convertible Alpine White (SOLD)
            Brilliantrot Convertible 80k Miles (SOLD)
            1992 325i Convertible Schwarz (SOLD)
            1992 318i Convertible Project-Finished (SOLD)

Comment

Originally posted by KIRIEIW View Post
              Damn! Can't believe you finally decided to sell her man. Hope she'll go to another loving home, preferably someone on R3v.
              thanks, man. appreciate it.

price drop to $21k - considering reasonable, sensible offers. i know it's a shitty time of year to sell a cabriolet, but it's gotta go.

Comment

$20k

Comment

bump. would love to find this thing a new home soon.

Comment

Man this is exactly the car I am looking for except in another year I need to make room in the garage first before I buy another car. Good luck its beautiful!
                    Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

Originally posted by Staszek View Post
                      Man this is exactly the car I am looking for except in another year I need to make room in the garage first before I buy another car. Good luck its beautiful!
                      make some room and take the old girl home now. time waits for no one. :)

Comment

Originally posted by Staszek View Post
                        If I were in the market, I’d rent a storage space and buy it. One like this doesn’t come along very often...

Comment

Originally posted by Uber///m3 View Post

If I were in the market, I’d rent a storage space and buy it. One like this doesn’t come along very often...
                          Ughh, have 5 cars as it is and just bought a new house. I prefer to sell this E30 first, but I am not done yet.
                          Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

that's a damn good looking, cared for 770... B@T folks may be interested too...
                            I BUY/SELL REFURBISHED CM5907s & CM5908s

HOWTOs:
                            DB vert plastic bumpers
                            OEM Keys
                            MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
                            91 ic Calypso 3.1
                            86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

reelizmpro: I will always be an e30 guy.. I still do all of my own labor
                            TrentW: There's just something so right about a well-built M20 in an E30
                            e30m3s54turbo: I save my money for tuner parts.

Comment

Originally posted by bradnic View Post
                              that's a damn good looking, cared for 770... B@T folks may be interested too...
                              thanks, man. i appreciate it. unfortunately, i have zero interest in dealing with the bullshit associated with bring a trailer. been there, done that - never again. it's not really about the money for me - i really do want to find the car a good home, with someone that will take care of it and enjoy it for many years to come. hopefully, it will be someone from this forum.

A

Comment

Working...
                              X