• Show
Clear All

E36 M3 For Sale - Hellrot/Black 5spd Coupe - $15.7

Year: 1999
    Make: BMW
    Model: M3
    Mileage: 143,980
    Price: $15,700

For Sale!! But, first a little history as to how I became the caretaker of this equipment. I purchased a 1987 325iS for 1500 bucks when I was 18 and drove the crap out of it for 4 years. I’ve been driving a gen1 Mazdaspeed3 for about 8 years now and decided to pick the M3 up a couple years ago as the next logical progression to use as an urban night crawler/weekend escapist vehicle. It’s been an awesome car to just cruise around in and show off. Hellrot really attracts a lot attention and it gets a lot of compliments. It’s been cool to observe how everyday people recognize and appreciate how different the aesthetic of these are compared to modern cars. This thing really crosses all the boxes of nostalgic, cool looking, fun to drive, somewhat rare and the prices for these have appreciated pretty well as of late if that’s your kind of thing! I’m looking to sell this and subsequently the Mazda so I can get something more utilitarian a la turbo’d mid-size pickup truck that will more easily plow over curbs and wanton pedestrians. LOL.

On to a few details about the M3: It’s a sunroof car and has heated, manual seats, factory rear spoiler, and dual zone climate control. The car does not have cruise control. It’s been my weekend/fun car for the past couple of years and I’ve put right at 4000 miles on it. IMAGES CAN BE FOUND HERE.

I've performed a good bit of maintenance since initial ownership (Oct 2018) and have documented all of it on the SHARED SPREADSHEET HERE. The spreadsheet details each item of maintenance performed, the parts consumed and the cost. I've spend just over 4 grand on parts and I have a binder with all receipts. I’ve replaced several of the suspension and steering components, almost the entire cooling system, many of the engine gaskets/hoses/belts, several fueling related items, and some other miscellaneous maintenance items that I felt led to perform. I also have some parts that are not yet installed but can be included in the sale.

Beyond that, it has nearly new Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ and radiator hoses which were installed by PO and an alignment was performed last month. I had a PPI performed before I bought the car and I still have the receipt for that as well.

The car has the following non-OE modifications:
    • HR OE Sports w/ Koni Yellows
    • Bimmerworld RSMs
    • UUC Sway Bars
    • Bimmerworld Performance Motor Mounts
    • Rogue Trans Mounts
    • FDM (Stewart Racing pump, colder thermostat, colder aux fan switch, S54 Z3M radiator, fan delete nut, AL water pump pulley)
    • aFe Intake (Stage 2 MF Pro Dry S)
    • Stromung catback

The car presents a few issues, some of which are just related to its age and others common e36 issues. I’m probably listing too many things here but I aim for transparency with my listing so don’t let any of these discourage you; the car runs, drives, and looks great.
    • Sunroof tilt forward doesn’t work properly
    • Driver window auto-up doesn’t work
    • Aftermarket stereo has a blown rear speaker
    • ACS dash light bulb burned out
    • Window seals are old
    • Car is on original clutch (no issues at all during my ownership)
    • Rear end links make noise
    • Burns oil, about 1 quart per 1000 miles (pulls strong!)
    • Passenger rear tire/wheel leaks air
    • Sticky 5th gear detent/bushing when cold
    • Trans fluid leaking around selector shaft seal

I’m motivated to sell but I’m also pretty busy with work right now as the company I work for is expanding business. If you’re a buyer with cash in hand, please feel free to send me a PM. Title is in hand and there are no liens. I am willing to negotiate price for the right buyer. I would also be willing to entertain the idea of a cheap e30 + CASH type trade if you think you have something that fits that description. I would ONLY be interested in coupes.

Click image for larger version

Name:	4.jpg
Views:	1405
Size:	61.5 KB
ID:	9970307

Thanks for looking!
    - Josh
    Past: 1987 325iS, Bilsteins - HR Sports

Present: 1999 M3, Koni Yellows - HR Sports - GC Camber Plates - UUC Swaybars - UUC SSK - AFE Intake - Stromung Catback

2009 Mazdaspeed3, Short Ram Intake - Turbo Inlet Pipe - 2nd cat Delete - Catback - Fuel Pump Internals - Cobb Accessport - Stratified E30 tune - 294/342 - SPC Camber Arms - CPE Rear Motor Mount

Sent you a PM

Comment

Car has been sold to a father and son duo in Texas. To those who sent PMs, thanks for your interest and good luck with your search.

Josh
      Past: 1987 325iS, Bilsteins - HR Sports

Present: 1999 M3, Koni Yellows - HR Sports - GC Camber Plates - UUC Swaybars - UUC SSK - AFE Intake - Stromung Catback

2009 Mazdaspeed3, Short Ram Intake - Turbo Inlet Pipe - 2nd cat Delete - Catback - Fuel Pump Internals - Cobb Accessport - Stratified E30 tune - 294/342 - SPC Camber Arms - CPE Rear Motor Mount

Comment

What a beautiful car. Congrats on the sale!

Comment

Working...
        X