1983-1985 BMW/Alpine CM5804 Radio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1983-1985 BMW/Alpine CM5804 Radio

For Sale: 1983-1985 BMW/Alpine CM5804 Radio - used in 1983-1985 US-spec models: 320i, 318i, 325e, 524td, 533i, 535i, 633csi, 635csi, 733i, 735i. According to the BMW CM5800/CM5804 installation instructions I've seen, this radio could be installed in the E12 528i too.

Note: The CM5800 BMW/Alpine Radio is virtually identical, except it says "BMW" on the cassette door and has a "DX" button. The CM5804 seen here, has a BMW Roundel on the cassette door, which is more arguably more attractive and desirable, and a "SCAN" button instead of a "DX" button. The CM5800 lacks the lights on the channel preset buttons, which the CM5804 has, as seen here. The CM5804 has slightly slicker and more discreet-looking buttons and sliders than the CM5800.

If you are a purist and want your `83-`85 BMW to look proper, stock and period-correct, this radio will make your dash complete. This radio was designed to compliment the styling of 1983-1985 BMW dashboards unlike today's aftermarket radios.

AM/FM Cassette Alpine radio made for BMW. No code/anti-theft deterrent. Excellent Condition.

Radio is complete with face-frame which is rare - most will not have frames which will leave an unsightly gap between the perimeter of the radio and the dash.

All lights, and functions work (Presets, Dolby, Loud, MTL, Memory, Scan, Eject, Down/Up Tune). The preset buttons all illuminate. Channel Seek function and Auto-Reverse works by pushing volume knob. Tape Player plays perfectly (speed and sound quality). No crackling or static sound when turning the volume knob - common on many radios. FF and RWD are fast and flawless. All sliders (bass, treble, L/R balance) work perfectly. Display is excellent. All connectors are clean.

Radio serviced by Dr. Don's in Texas in 2007 for $135 (see photo receipt). Removed from my 1984 533i in 2008 prior to restoration. Non-Smoker and Non-Pet car. Stored in plastic-zip bag inside cabinet (away from light at room temp). Pre `86 BMW radios are quite rare today. Selling for $225. Prefer to sell locally, but could ship. Greenwich, CT.

I just want to be sure that I understand that this radio hasn’t been powered up or tested since 2008?

Comment

Thanks for sharing, I'll see if it fits my car. I find the model very beautiful and antique.
      internet radio hören

Comment

SOLD for $225+shipping to a purist with a red 1985 635csi. Worked perfectly the new owner said.

Comment

Working...
        X