Manual IX Partout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Manual IX Partout

**Located in upstate NY, ~1 hour north of Albany. Willing to split shipping with buyer, we can negotiate into sale price.

I finally bit the bullet and stripped my '91 325ix sedan. I saved pretty much everything usable, ix specific or not. Here's a list of the major stuff but feel free to message me with any inquiries. Open to all offers, it was hard to find pricing to compare with.

-Engine SOLD.

-Complete ix drivetrain including transmission, transfer case, shifter/pedal assembly for a manual swap, and both front and rear driveshafts. The car had ~230k on it when I stopped driving it but I had rebuilt the transfer case with a new VC, bearings, and seals which only has ~10k miles on it. I can send anyone interested some great snow drifting videos for proof of full functionality! I also have a spare manual transmission transfer case with a known bad VC. $3000 for the trans, TC, and driveshafts, and shifter/pedal assembly. $600 for the transfer case with bad VC.

-Front and rear differentials and axles. Axles have new boots installed packed with fresh grease and the shafts were painted black. This was done ~7 years ago but never used since. Lots of dust on them in the pics, I can clean them up and snap new pics for anyone interested. $600 for the set of front axles. $100 for rear axles. $400 for front differential. $800 for rear differential.

-Front struts. These are completely redone powder coated black with new wheel bearings, top bearing, Bilstein struts, and h&r lowering springs. Powder coat is not perfect and chipped in a few places, also a few small spots show some rust coming through. These were redone and never used, the chips came from careless bearing installation and the spots of rust must have been poor prep. They still look very nice and would be perfect on a driven car, just not mint. Similar to the other stuff, very dusty in the pics so I can get some new ones for anyone interested. I also have a set of very rusty front strut housings. I would say these are only usable as the starting point for coilovers. The spring perch & strut insert threads are shot and unusable but perfect candidates for cutting off and welding in some new coilovers. $1500 for the refurbished pair. $500 for the bad pair.

-Sedan flares and side skirts in alpine white. Paint condition is 5/10 with some defects. $500 for the set.

-Rear subframe & trailing arms. It's all pretty rusty...I do have new rear h&r lowering springs and Bilstein shocks to match the front plus brand new subframe bushings. I don't have trailing arm bushings. $250 for everything including new springs, shocks, and bushings.

Lots of other parts available but this is all of the big stuff I can think of. PM me for other parts not listed. Like I said at the beginning, not a lot to compare to so make offers. I'm motivated to get this stuff out of the way.
    15 new items added to shared album
    Last edited by htrautweine30; 07-21-2022, 04:41 AM. Reason: Added location and updated engine being sold.

your post needs prices per the forum rules - how much for the front CV shafts?
    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Sorry Nando! Post updated with prices. Everything is OBO.

Comment

Late bumpers available?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I'll buy those oil filters from you. assuming they are for the m20. If you have good working seat belt receptacle for front seat. Not sure if you have whole car still, I'm just browsing for little things. Thank you!
          Flickr

Comment

Sorry, stupid busy - but is there any rust on the front IX axles? I'm wondering about the parts that go into the diff specifically it's hard to tell in the pics if it's just dust. Do you know how many miles are on them? Where are you located?
            Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by LVCFrank View Post
              Late bumpers available?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Late bumpers are available. PM me.

Comment

Originally posted by m3clutch View Post
                I'll buy those oil filters from you. assuming they are for the m20. If you have good working seat belt receptacle for front seat. Not sure if you have whole car still, I'm just browsing for little things. Thank you!
                Sorry most of the interior has been sold...not trying to sell $10 oil filters either

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
                  Sorry, stupid busy - but is there any rust on the front IX axles? I'm wondering about the parts that go into the diff specifically it's hard to tell in the pics if it's just dust. Do you know how many miles are on them? Where are you located?
                  I'll check the axles this weekend. When they were taken out of the car ~7 years ago they were rust free on the sections that go into the differential and I wire brushed and painted the rest. They have been stored in a very hot/dry attic so I'd like to think they are still rust free but I will need to check. Everything got very dusty up there... I'll clean them up and get better pics

Comment

Sorry for the delayed response. I added more photos of the axles focused on the sealing surfaces where they engage with the front diff. There's some slight discoloration on these surfaces that look like discontinuities but they are undetectable to the touch. Visually these aren't perfect but they are very good functionally. I have them boxed up and ready to ship!

Comment

instrument cluster?
                      1991 318is ---230K - DD
                      1991 318i ---- 308K - retired

Originally posted by RickSloan
                      so if you didnt get it like that did you glue fuzzy oil to the entire thing?

Comment

Please let me know if you still have the engine I’m in NJ
                        my engine has two bad cylinders text me George 201-870-8020

Comment

Where are you located?

Comment

Originally posted by jbontke View Post
                            Where are you located?
                            Should have included that. Located ~1 hour north of Albany, NY.

Comment

Originally posted by jrobie79 View Post
                              instrument cluster?
                              Sorry, cluster not for sale.

Comment

Working...
                              X