Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OEM NLA E30 One Piece Under Hood Insulation

Hey R3V-

I have an nla one piece hood insulation piece in nice shape. It's not all broken/brittle/chewed up like most are.

I have carefully folded it to prep it for shipping. It's sitting in a box ready to go.

$130 shipped to the lower 48

Untitled by Bobbie Morrone, on Flickr
    Untitled by Bobbie Morrone, on Flickr
    Last edited by AWDBOB; 08-08-2022, 08:36 AM.
    1990 Brilliantrot 325iS Build Thread
    1989 Zinnoberrot M3 Build Thread

bumpo

Comment

damn and I was about to throw one out yesterday haha! I guess I won't do that now.
      -Dee
      5-lugged turbo 318is Barn car
      IG: @deebelmont

Comment

Originally posted by ccsdo5 View Post
        damn and I was about to throw one out yesterday haha! I guess I won't do that now.
        If it's nice and not holy/brittle/chewed by rodents, they have value. Many folks don't like to use the 3 piece insulation that is available, so these sell if in decent shape.

Comment

Do these fit the 318is? Ive also seen this part 51488103380 which has some differences

Comment

Originally posted by AmosCake View Post
            Do these fit the 318is? Ive also seen this part 51488103380 which has some differences
            The 318is version is still available for a nice price from BMW! It’s a 3 piece foam insulation, vs this one piece which is a different material.

Comment

Originally posted by AWDBOB View Post

The 318is version is still available for a nice price from BMW! It’s a 3 piece foam insulation, vs this one piece which is a different material.
              The 3 piece foam doesn’t last very long from my experience so I wanted to try these out if they fit. I’ve seen two distinct versions

Comment

Originally posted by AmosCake View Post

The 3 piece foam doesn’t last very long from my experience so I wanted to try these out if they fit. I’ve seen two distinct versions
                I am unsure of the functional difference between the two you mentioned, as they’re both listed for M20 equipped cars. Perhaps they’d fit but since they didn’t make a single piece insulation specifically for the 318iS it’d be a bit of a guess unless someone has tried it already. I didn’t think these protrude that far down with the hood closed.

There is an E30M3 version that is super rare

Comment

Working...
                X