Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rack-Swap Firewall Adapter Plates (Restocked)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rack-Swap Firewall Adapter Plates (Restocked)

Firewall adapter plates for your late model/airbag column cars when completing a steering rack swap for a post-E30 car.

Laser cut and powdercoated 16-gauge steel, they can be used as a template for trimming your firewall, before installing to securely holding the weatherproof boot around the column.

$40 (Paypal) shipped within the Lower 48, adjusted postage for shipping further afield.

I have a small stack on hand but can turnaround additional parts fairly readily.
    Last edited by Matt@EDC; 10-02-2022, 12:55 PM.

Bump for a couple sold already!

Comment

Ooo, would love to pick one up if you still have them available.

Comment

Originally posted by alrivers View Post
        Ooo, would love to pick one up if you still have them available.
        Sure do. Just drop me a PM to order!

Comment

When I needed one I had a hell of a time finding one it’s a must for late model . Ireland engineering had it but I don’t think they offer it anymore . So good that you have these for everyone

Comment

Down to my last two now…

Comment

Nice product. Finally getting my 90i steering upgraded, was not comfortable with a fire wall cut without a pre made plate.

Comment

Both remaining plates sold the same day, payment pending on the last one on hand.

I have more on the way which should be ready to ship mid-late next week. Any orders placed in the meantime will be first to ship when they’ve cooled out of the oven!

Thanks to everyone who has purchased items to date. You’ve all been a pleasure to deal with.

Comment

Restocked!

Couple of pre-orders packed to ship tomorrow and a couple more pre-packed so they’re ready to go.

Comment

Ohhh like.
                    Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

Has anyone installed one with the steering rack already in the car? I was thinking of cutting it to fit it around the steering shaft. Seems easier than dropping the rack again.

Comment

Originally posted by redreda1313 View Post
                        Has anyone installed one with the steering rack already in the car? I was thinking of cutting it to fit it around the steering shaft. Seems easier than dropping the rack again.
                        No need to chop it up. Loosen the big nut on the column and slide the splined portion out via the engine bay, if you must. Good opportunity to clean and regrease the splines. I refurbished the whole column which shows what all the bits look like.

https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/for...7#post10005317

Comment

Latest batch flew out the door! Another (bigger) batch on order for next week. Just a couple left to ship in the meantime
                          Last edited by Matt@EDC; 10-07-2022, 03:19 PM.

Comment

Down to the last one…

More coming over the weekend!

Comment

Got another (larger) batch done. Last lot sold out pretty quick so doubled the batch size this time! I’ll keep a pre-packaged amount on hand so they can ship promptly (same day or next).

Comment

Working...
                              X