WTB Hella H4 headlights.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WTB Hella H4 headlights.

Looking for a good set of H4 headlights. Must be Hella or I don't know if Bosch makes them but either or. Not looking for aftermarket parts. Let me know if you have some for sale and shipped to 91763. Thank you
    I am not sick, I am twisted. Sick makes it sound like there is a cure.

1991 318is Diamantschwarz Metallic
    1989 325i Alpine White

By 'aftermarket' I assume you mean Depo and Chinese crap, since both Hella and Bosch are technically aftermarket for US cars (thanks for nothing, GE!) Actually, standard Hella H4 headlights are not particularly good, although certainly better than sealed beam. Hella made a much better H4 headlight called BiFocal (that's what I have on both of mine), but it's no longer available. The best H4 headlights on the market are now made by Koito in Japan (OEM for Toyota), $170 for a pair. They include standard bulbs, but benefit from better high-luminance bulbs, about $45/pair. You can get both from Daniel Stern Lighting:

North America's Premier Automotive Lighting Consultancy and Supply

Comment

Originally posted by flipper325es View Post
      By 'aftermarket' I assume you mean Depo and Chinese crap, since both Hella and Bosch are technically aftermarket for US cars (thanks for nothing, GE!) Actually, standard Hella H4 headlights are not particularly good, although certainly better than sealed beam. Hella made a much better H4 headlight called BiFocal (that's what I have on both of mine), but it's no longer available. The best H4 headlights on the market are now made by Koito in Japan (OEM for Toyota), $170 for a pair. They include standard bulbs, but benefit from better high-luminance bulbs, about $45/pair. You can get both from Daniel Stern Lighting:

https://www.danielsternlighting.com/
      LOL... you are absolutely correct on your description above. I don't want Depo or Chinees crap for damn sure. I do like the H4 buckets since they are rarely seen on the e30 as most install smilies or elipsoide lamps. I like the city light glow on the H4 when you are using the parking lights only. Also thank you for the referral brotha, but I have a guy that has a set - but I am on the fence right now and rethinking if I should buy from someone that has no posts or feedback since I have been scammed in the past by a noob. No offense to the guy but I'm just overly cautious with my money. I will call the guy and check in with him later tonight after I drink a little and get impulsive 😵🥴.
      I am not sick, I am twisted. Sick makes it sound like there is a cure.

1991 318is Diamantschwarz Metallic
      1989 325i Alpine White

Comment

Daniel Stern is one of the foremost automotive lighting experts in the world (and I don't say that lightly), he simply stays away from Fecebook and other social media platforms, as he has no desire to argue with people whose opinions are based on feelings and not scientific and technical data. If you review the information on his company's website, you'll understand what I mean. If you PM me your email address, I'd be glad to share my correspondence with him regarding these and other headlight options for E30s. I am a research engineer so we speak the same language :-)

Comment

Working...
        X