BMW CD43 Radio Head Unit - East Tennessee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BMW CD43 Radio Head Unit - East Tennessee

Head unit is sold Thanks to everyone who was interested!

Looking to sell an extra CD43 head unit I had installed in my E34. Worked fine I just wanted a better aux in solution. I tried the DICE ipod interface, but it was a little to clunky for my tastes and didn't always work reliably. I ended up just installing a tasteful non-oem radio.

So if anyone is interested in it, let me know! I'd like to get $200 out of it, but of course that is OBO ;)

Last edited by BlueBMW; 10-20-2010, 03:54 AM.
    '88 325ic - Vert in winter baby!
    '91 318is - Gone :(
    '95 530i - Gone :(

sorry for off topic but how did you hook up the dice? through cd changer wire?
    harry/harout

Comment

Damn good deal there! Good luck with sale...I should pick this up.
      Continuous For Sale Thread
      323i s50

Comment

Originally posted by bmw325csi View Post
        sorry for off topic but how did you hook up the dice? through cd changer wire?
        I ordered the DICE unit with the direct radio connection harness. Basically the harness connected to the car's factory harness, and then the other end of it connected to the back of the radio. Coming off that harness were two connectors, one went to the dice interface box, the other slipped into the back of the radio where the CD changer connection normally goes.

Maybe I just had a flaky unit, but at times the DICE interface would disconnect itself and then reconnect. Not really sure what the deal was, but I didn't feel like fooling with it. The Ipod controls worked, but they were VERY slow on this radio, especially if you compare the same DICE interface on say an E46 factory radio. The radio would even display text sometimes, but again very slow response.

I tried a factory CD changer with this head unit and it worked just fine, so I dont think its a problem in the head unit.

Also, if you have thoughts of using this in an older vehicle like the E34 I used it in, the factory changer will not work with it. They're a different interface. This unit uses I bus I believe.

Comment

And if anyone's curious, this i how the E34 dash looks now. Not as clean as using a factory head unit, but close enough for me.

Comment

Hi there BlueBMW,

I'd like to book this. Please check your email or PM box. Cheers.

Comment

Working...
            X