X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LED Lightbar $30 Shipped & Core Trade-In

$30 Shipped to U.S.

What this is…

These are LED lightbars for 13-button OBCs. Using salvaged lightbars from junkyard that I have collected of the years, I replace the old burnt out bulbs with new LEDs. They are a little brighter and won’t burn out.

The LEDs that I use are white. A few people have mentioned using amber/orange for better results. There is an orange gel film in between the lightbox and the screen to ensure light travelling through is orange. White light is going to most replicate the old lightbar, where the amber/orange will look more like the dash. I personally prefer the white.

Core buy back….

In order to keep a supply, I need cores. So I will offer a buy back that will allow multiple core trades for a new LED lightbar. A lot of you showed interest at the $20 price level, which this buy back will help accomplish. Not only does this help me, but also helps you get the cost down close to nothing. Here is how it will work:

If you have one core (the one in your car):
    (1st) core - $10 credit

If you have lots (collected from the junkyard):
    (1st) core - $10 credit
    For each additional core - $5 credit each
    Max of $25 value in trades (4 cores)

Example:
    You Have You Pay
    No Core: $30
    (1) Core: $20 + (1) Core
    (2) Cores: $15 + (2) Cores
    (3) Cores: $10 + (3) Cores
    (4) Cores: $5 + (4) Cores

**If you have 10+ cores PM me for more info.

How will the buy back work with me getting my LED lightbar?

Your order will ship when I receive (2) things:

1. Your payment
    2. Your core(s) in the mail

Once those are received I will process your order either that same day or the next.

Other Options…

If enough people want amber/orange, I can put something together. Those lightbars might not be ready to order as I may wait to make them until someone orders them.

Depending on request I may post up comparison shots of white vs. amber/orange day & night. Let you all decide what you want.

How do I order?

PM me. Depending on how many cores you have or don’t have, I will PM you my PayPal info and address to send the core(s). You send me your address and any other information I need. It’s that simple.

How do I remove my old lightbar and install the new?

Assuming you already have the 13-Button OBC, Alex (iwantspeed) did a fantastic write-up on all the steps involved with swapping the lightbar. Enjoy.

http://garagistic.com/index.php?page...-install-guide
    Last edited by nebulous123; 11-03-2011, 11:37 PM.
    '84 325e - "Elizabeth"
    '87 325e (SHELL) - "Sleeping Beauty" - COMPLETE PROJECT PART-OUT - S54, 5-LUG, and MORE

sigpic

Last edited by nebulous123; 10-03-2012, 05:15 PM.
    '84 325e - "Elizabeth"
    '87 325e (SHELL) - "Sleeping Beauty" - COMPLETE PROJECT PART-OUT - S54, 5-LUG, and MORE

sigpic

Comment

Good looking product.
      Originally posted by BAlbertiX
      your my boy blue!

Comment

^what he said.

Comment

wouldnt the light burn the plastic stuff around it...because i know if you install led lights in your int. light housing it will melt it
          Originally posted by E30_(1st Musk)_
          HONDA IS WHERE EVERY TREND DIES! .

24v swap Oil Pan..F/S

Comment

Originally posted by KillaCam View Post
            wouldnt the light burn the plastic stuff around it...because i know if you install led lights in your int. light housing it will melt it
            I don't think that these LEDs get that hot. They get warm, barely.
            But no where close to melting the optics.
            » PARTS FOR SALE
            » TRANSACTION FEEDBACK

Comment

Originally posted by Blackout View Post
              Their increase in heat wouldn't even be perceivable. They're dissipating like 20mw at pretty high efficiency levels. The original incandescent bulbs wasted more energy to heat by a longshot and never melted anything.

Comment

just got mine yesterday looks like a quality piece. It was packaged up very carefully. looking forward to installing this weekend.

-
                Project
                Parts for Sale
                Feedback
                YouTube Channel

Comment

Originally posted by BlueIX View Post
                  Good looking product.
                  Thank You.

Originally posted by JayDee916 View Post
                  ^what he said.
                  Thank You.

Originally posted by KillaCam View Post
                  "LEDs are very similar to traditional light bulbs, except that they fit directly into an electrical circuit. LEDs do not have a filament, so they generally last a long time without burning out. Because there is no filament, LEDs do not get hot and require far less electric power than traditional light bulbs due to their efficiency. In fact, electrons that run through the semiconductor material that LEDs are connected to illuminate LEDs." - WIKI answers

Originally posted by Blackout View Post
                  Correct.

Originally posted by Kerrath View Post
                  Their increase in heat wouldn't even be perceivable. They're dissipating like 20mw at pretty high efficiency levels. The original incandescent bulbs wasted more energy to heat by a longshot and never melted anything.
                  Correct.

Originally posted by iwantspeed View Post
                  just got mine yesterday looks like a quality piece. It was packaged up very carefully. looking forward to installing this weekend.
                  Thanks Alex. I think you will be happy with the results. Let me know if you have any issues.
                  Last edited by nebulous123; 10-27-2011, 11:15 AM.
                  '84 325e - "Elizabeth"

sigpic

Comment

Is there an option of paying $30 upfront, and you refund $10 when/if I send you back my core within a reasonable amount of time? I want to avoid any downtime.
                    sigpic
                    January 2012 COTM

Comment

Originally posted by robrez View Post
                      Is there an option of paying $30 upfront, and you refund $10 when/if I send you back my core within a reasonable amount of time? I want to avoid any downtime.
                      sure. we are going to be losing a little bit to paypal fees but I guess in this situation I could arrange that. ygpm btw i put that it might take 3 days it will be at your house by Sat if I ship today.
                      Last edited by nebulous123; 10-27-2011, 04:37 PM.
                      '84 325e - "Elizabeth"

sigpic

Comment

do you do Amazon Web Payments? i dont do PayPal for reasons i dont want to state ATM.

Comment

i did this mod to my eta. i was very happy with the result. this is a really nice mod.
                          AWD > RWD

Comment

Originally posted by DuMa View Post
                            do you do Amazon Web Payments? i dont do PayPal for reasons i dont want to state ATM.
                            I setup an account as I do use Amazon a lot for everything. PM what you need and I can get you a lightbar in the mail today.
                            '84 325e - "Elizabeth"

sigpic

Comment

i'd be down to try this out. i've got several core in unknown working condition i can send in.
                              1989 325is / 2.7, 274 cam, e30 M3 5-lug
                              1989 LN106 Hilux / 3.0TD SFA
                              1974 2002tii / stock
                              2002 IS300 / 5spd LSD

Comment

Working...
                              X