No announcement yet.

FS: 325ix : fix or part out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I may not have gotten all the details right, but my point was that generally speaking, you really shouldn't tow the car without a flatbed.

Is the viscous coupling not in the transfer case? Unless there's another one somewhere I don't know about. I take back the statement about the entire AWD system being fried, but the transfer case is the core of the system so it's not exactly entirely inaccurate either.
    Visit the 3 series heritage site (work in progress):
    http://www.creativesmurf.com

Comment

Either way hes coming with a flatbed.
      Back to my roots

Comment

Originally posted by bmwsmurf
        I may not have gotten all the details right, but my point was that generally speaking, you really shouldn't tow the car without a flatbed.

Is the viscous coupling not in the transfer case? Unless there's another one somewhere I don't know about. I take back the statement about the entire AWD system being fried, but the transfer case is the core of the system so it's not exactly entirely inaccurate either.
        No arguments on the flatbed. I am in no way advising that it should be towed on anything other than fladbed. I'm merely arguing about the severity of the consequences.

VC is in the TC, as well is in the rear diff on iXs. However, in this situation we are talking about the VC in TC. Although, the VC is essentially an LSD in TC, so if you fry it you will have an open center diff, not a destroyed TC.

I had a car with supposedly "fried" VC which was .5 sec faster to 60ft mark on crappy old 225 Goodyear DOT Rs than RWD on 245 Hoosiers...

Comment

Working...
        X