Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pete_E30
    replied
    Can you make these for RHD cars by any chance? I'm guessing our consoles are reversed to the US ones.

Leave a comment:

• e30mthree
    replied
    Still selling these cup holders and phone holders let me know if anyone is interested.

Leave a comment:

• e30mthree
    replied
    interested in cup holderes send me a pm

Interested in getting a cup holder send me a pm letting me know what you would like along with your email.

Leave a comment:

• MT3CH
    replied
    Brilliant idea!

Leave a comment:

• ThatOneEuroE30
    replied
    Can't believe I haven't seen these yet

Leave a comment:

• e30mthree
    replied
    Originally posted by Eufonik View Post
    Damn! This is badass! Lol
    Much appreciated thanks.

Cup holders are still being made if anyone is interested.

Leave a comment:

• Eufonik
    replied
    Damn! This is badass! Lol

Leave a comment:

• e30mthree
    replied
    Originally posted by brahbarian View Post
    Would like more insight on the connection and if it drains??
    I may buy one in the next few weeks

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
    Let me know if you are interested but I have nothing to do with how you decide to install your cup holder, if you get just the cigarette lighter it hooks up directly to your OEMwiring and amber light, now if you add a uUSB charger that is up to you on how you would like to install it. As I mentioned earlier it is a very minimal draw of current and uses the same amount of current as an alrm led which blinks on and off, if you choose the easy way of installation you tap into the cigarette lighter and that will give you constant voltage on the USB charger, you can spend a little more time and run a switched power source and the light will only come on when the key in the ignition is turned on.
    Thanks

Leave a comment:

• e30mthree
    replied
    Originally posted by the_thryll View Post
    I ordered one of these months ago. Just connected USB wires to wires of the old cig lighter. Red light on USB plug is illuminated even when ignition and engine are off. Is this right? If so, are people noticing it drains battery? (My multimeter is on loan, so I disconnected USB as a precaution.) I don't see lights on USB ports included in pictures shown here. Perhaps the light can just be removed or destroyed as it probably serves no purpose?

You must of connected the USB charger to the cigarette lighter as well it all depends on where you connect the USB charger you need to connect the USB charger to switched acc. Power which means it will only come on when the key is in the ignition and switched on. BMW cigarette lighters are always constant 12 volts. The small led on the USB charger sucks the same amount of power as an alrm led does. So it would be impossible for that to drain your cars battery. It is very minimal in voltage, and the reason why you don't see lights on my pictures is because of what gettinscurvy pointed out and what I was saying you would need to connect it to switched or acc. Power source.

Leave a comment:

• brahbarian
    replied
    Would like more insight on the connection and if it drains??
    I may buy one in the next few weeks

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• gettinscurvy
    replied
    Sounds like it's connected to straight 12v as opposed to switched 12v

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• the_thryll
    replied
    I ordered one of these months ago. Just connected USB wires to wires of the old cig lighter. Red light on USB plug is illuminated even when ignition and engine are off. Is this right? If so, are people noticing it drains battery? (My multimeter is on loan, so I disconnected USB as a precaution.) I don't see lights on USB ports included in pictures shown here. Perhaps the light can just be removed or destroyed as it probably serves no purpose?

Leave a comment:

• e30mthree
    replied
    Originally posted by jiM5 View Post
    Just received my phone and cup holder with a USB plug. Really nicely made , very sturdy. Super happy with the end product.

Thanks so much , great guy to work with as well!

Thank you Jim5

Leave a comment:

• Steve Corbett
    replied
    P.M. Sent.

Leave a comment:

• jiM5
    replied
    Just received my phone and cup holder with a USB plug. Really nicely made , very sturdy. Super happy with the end product.

Thanks so much , great guy to work with as well!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X