5 Lug Kit Blow out sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5 Lug Kit Blow out sale

I'm selling custom CNC Machined 5 lug conversion kits that were previously advertized on r3v for a lot more money. This is your chance to get them wholesale and save BIG!

I made a bunch of these kits for a fellow member, but it turns out he is a flake and did not keep his end of the deal marketing them. I invested a lot of time & money producing these and now am forced to sell them myself. All the info on the kits can be found in these threads:

About 15 kits have been sold so far and are in use. They are high quality and I have only received positive feedback from people that have bought them. Most of the kits I sold went to Germany and despite the scrutiny from the mandatory TÜV (Technical Inspection Association) they passed with flying colors. That in itself should alleviate any doubts about the materials used, or the quality of the workmanship. Don't let the lack of demand here fool you. It really has been just a marketing issue, which was not my job. However, after about 1.5 years my patience has run out and I am just trying to recoup my cost. This is a huge opportunity for all of you that were, or newly interested, because now you can buy this kit for a fraction of the original cost. You will need to purchase other factory parts (hubs, bearings, calipers), either used or new, depending on your budget, but in either case it makes this kit really affordable and attractive.

All that being said, I am not able or willing to answer numerous questions that might come up. I would appreciate if you would read through the original threads and do your homework and save me from having to answer the same questions over and over. Bottom line, if you want a kit send me a PM. I will give you my PayPal account and when the funds are transferred will UPS you a package the next business day.

Price: $350 including shipping in the US
    Kit includes:
    • 2 front hub Bushings, made from 4043 Chrome-moly steel

• 2 front hub Nuts, made from 4043 Chrome-moly steel

• 2 front caliper brackets, made from 2024 Aluminum

• 2 rotor spacers, made from 6061 Aluminum

• 2 rotor centering rings, made from 6061 Aluminum

• 2 hub centric retainers, made from 6061 Aluminum

• 2 rear caliper brackets, made from 2024 Aluminum
    Attached Files
    Last edited by nasieg; 07-25-2014, 06:34 PM.

A pic of the parts with a piece of paper with your user name and the date might be helpful. People love a deal but don't like to buy from users with only one post, which is their for sale ad.

Comment

Any pictures of them installed? I'd maybe be interested if I could see how they work a little more.

Early models do it better.

'86 Cosmos Sedan LS1

Comment

Originally posted by justin_l_ View Post
        A pic of the parts with a piece of paper with your user name and the date might be helpful. People love a deal but don't like to buy from users with only one post, which is their for sale ad.

I posted a picture, but apparently the attachment doesn't work. I will try to figure out another way later today. In the meanwhile, all the pictures and info are in the links I mentioned.

Also, about this being my first post. I had to change my username, as I was not able to log on anymore with my previous name. I am on S14.net under norMcal. I have bought/sold a ton of parts for/from my e30 M3 over the last 2 years and have never had an issue. I also sold numerous of these kits on a German e30 forum and had the same doubts in the beginning but now I am well respected there.

I have a very good reputation and by using PayPal you are not taking any chances. That's all I can say for now. One kit is already sold here and word of mouth will surely get around.

Comment

Is these set is for the front only or both front and back?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

How many do you have left? Is this something you will continue to produce or are you simply trying to unload what you have? Thanks

Comment

5 Lug Kit Blow out sale

Originally posted by LichE30 View Post
              Is these set is for the front only or both front and back?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
              Front and rear. If I remember from the original thread:
              it uses e36 front hubs and e30 m3 rear.
              The carriers are custom designed to run e46 brakes

From the looks of the actual kit, the hubs are not included; this is simply the barebones kit without everything that could be sourced from BMW. The original kit priced at $1900 included everything
              Last edited by JinormusJ; 07-26-2014, 08:56 AM.

Comment

So you have to supply E36 front hubs and E30 M3 rear hubs. Arent E30 M3 hubs like $600 a piece? Can you run 16'' wheels with these?

Comment

Originally posted by JinormusJ View Post
                  Front and rear. If I remember from the original thread:
                  it uses e36 front hubs and e30 m3 rear.
                  The carriers are custom designed to run e46 brakes

From the looks of the actual kit, the hubs are not included; this is simply the barebones kit without everything that could be sourced from BMW. The original kit priced at $1900 included everything
                  Correct! And in addition you use e39 calipers for the rear.

Used brake calipers, for example, can be found on Craigslist or Ebay for cheap. I once bought a set of an e46 M3 for $100. If do your homework, and gather up all the right parts, you can put this kit together for a lot less!

Originally posted by duval7 View Post
                  So you have to supply E36 front hubs and E30 M3 rear hubs. Arent E30 M3 hubs like $600 a piece? Can you run 16'' wheels with these?
                  E30 M3 hubs can be bought for less than half of that. Call Turner Motorsport. E30 M3 hubs are identical to e28 hubs, except for the ABS ring, which can be swapped out. I replaced my hubs about a year ago and bought them from TMS.

I'm not sure about 16" wheels, read through the old threads. I know that question came up before.

Originally posted by ethurtee View Post
                  How many do you have left? Is this something you will continue to produce or are you simply trying to unload what you have? Thanks
                  I still have at least 25 kits. Yes, right now I am trying to unload them, BUT if the demand is there I can always make more. I have all the programs for my CNC machines to make more. Keep in mind that in order to make them this cheap, I have to make a minimum quantity, that is why we originally decided to make 50 sets. I took that chance because I knew they wouldn't sell, unless we get the price down to an affordable level. $350 is a screaming deal for one set. Try going to a machine shop and ask them to duplicate a set. You would pay thousands! Right now all you are paying is for the time and material that went in to making them. Usually when you buy a product, you pay at least double the manufacturing cost because retailers, marketing and all kinds of other things come in to play.

Comment

5 Lug Kit Blow out sale

Originally posted by duval7 View Post
                    E30 M3 rear hubs are about $120 new a piece from BMW. It's the front struts that's are $600 a piece and generally why people are developing kits like this

I believe with this kit, you have the option of running the smaller e46 front calipers and smaller diameter rotors which will fit 16s over them.
                    Do not take my word for it completely: I do not own this kit or have personal experience, but I have seen this kit in 3D and have seen the craftsmanship, so I'm just passing along general knowledge from the original thread

Comment

Here are some pictures from a couple of my customers in Germany. The first picture shows the original kit as it was intended with e46 m3 caliper and rotor. The other two pictures show an alternative, using Porsche calipers with the e46 M3 CSL floating rotor. NOTE: my caliper bracket will not work for the Porsche caliper and you would need to find a local shop that can machine one for you.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by nasieg; 07-26-2014, 12:01 PM. Reason: Text error

Comment

With Porsche calipers
                        Attached Files

Comment

Porsche calipers
                          Attached Files

Comment

I'm going to sub to this. I'd buy a set in a heart beat if there was a completed how to/parts list. Nothing fancy but something to make sure I have all the neccesary parts before starting the project and getting hung up halfway through.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            I'm cooler in person.

Comment

5 Lug Kit Blow out sale

Originally posted by rongineer13 View Post
                              This kit uses E36 M3 or E46 M3 front calipers, and E39 525i, 528i, or 530i all aluminum rear calipers.

Please note that calipers, rotors, and brake pads are NOT included, but can be provided at additional cost. Here's the list of included parts:

• 2 front hub conversion assemblies, made from 4043 Chromoly steel

• 2 E36 M3 5 lug hubs/wheel bearings

• 2 front caliper brackets, made from 2024 Aluminum

• 2 rotor spacers, made from 6061 Aluminum

• 2 rotor centering rings, made from 6061 Aluminum

• 2 hub centric retainers, made from 6061 Aluminum

• 2 factory BMW E30 M3 rear hub flanges

• 2 FAG factory rear wheel bearings

• 2 rear caliper brackets, made from 2024 Aluminum

• All necessary hardware, factory BMW supplied when applicable

Comment

Working...
                              X