New Seat Shocks for Sport and Comfort Seats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by quasi mofo View Post
    These are legit. I used them to replace the busted shocks in my E30 sport seats and they work great.
    Good to hear from a happy customer! A lot of me emails from people who have trouble compressing them, but it always works out in the end.

Comment

whats the warranty on these?
      Bought parts from me before? leave your feedback here

Comment

Originally posted by mr.vang View Post
        whats the warranty on these?
        Let me know if you have a problem and I'll see what I can do is the policy. Out of the thousands I've sold over the last four years I've never had a return or someone saying one failed, so I've never thought about a warranty. The only thing that comes up is install questions about getting them compressed to get the shocks on the seat. There isn't really much to go wrong with them, I assume they'll last as long as the originals.

Comment

Originally posted by rzmoser View Post

Let me know if you have a problem and I'll see what I can do is the policy. Out of the thousands I've sold over the last four years I've never had a return or someone saying one failed, so I've never thought about a warranty. The only thing that comes up is install questions about getting them compressed to get the shocks on the seat. There isn't really much to go wrong with them, I assume they'll last as long as the originals.
          I mean I would hate to install them and 6 months down the road they failed. If they would last as long as the original, 5 years warranty would be a good starting point. Let me know.

Comment

I mean I would hate to install them and 6 months down the road they failed. If they would last as long as the original, 5 years warranty would be a good starting point. Let me know.
            I mean, I would hate that too. I've had a look at the warranty policies of the parts suppliers that sell these for $47 per shock, mainly ECS and Pelican, and there is no warranty. Once the part is installed that's it. Five years sounds like a big ask for one guy that sells them on the side.

Right now, if anyone who has ever bought a set from me came to me and said one of the shocks failed I would just send them another one. I'd like to say again that that has never happened. I'm just not in a position to guarantee that I'll still be selling these in five years so I might not have any to send if something does come up. I'm just one dude, so I hope that's understandable.

Comment

I mean, I would hate that too. I've had a look at the warranty policies of the parts suppliers that sell these for $47 per shock, mainly ECS and Pelican, and there is no warranty. Once the part is installed that's it. Five years sounds like a big ask for one guy that sells them on the side.

Right now, if anyone who has ever bought a set from me came to me and said one of the shocks failed I would just send them another one. I'd like to say again that that has never happened. I'm just not in a position to guarantee that I'll still be selling these in five years so I might not have any to send if something does come up. I'm just one dude, so I hope that's understandable.

Its not big deal, I can see where you are coming from. I was just curious as I might get some if I decided to stick with the comfort seat. ECS tuning offer 1 year warranty on all their products.

Comment

Its not big deal, I can see where you are coming from. I was just curious as I might get some if I decided to stick with the comfort seat. ECS tuning offer 1 year warranty on all their products.
                Ah I see now, I couldn't find anything by looking at the product page or googling for their warranty policy. A year seems reasonable to me, and if for some reason I don't have any on hand to replace a failed one, I'd send the buyer money so they'd be able to get a replacement from somewhere else.

Really they are very simple devices and are very solid, what happens on the old ones is the seal fails after all these decades. I try to make it clear in my instructions to install them with the tube side up so the seals stay lubricated.

Comment

Ah I see now, I couldn't find anything by looking at the product page or googling for their warranty policy. A year seems reasonable to me, and if for some reason I don't have any on hand to replace a failed one, I'd send the buyer money so they'd be able to get a replacement from somewhere else.

Really they are very simple devices and are very solid, what happens on the old ones is the seal fails after all these decades. I try to make it clear in my instructions to install them with the tube side up so the seals stay lubricated.
                  Yeah, your diy installation is clear and easy to understand. I'll get in touch once I made up my mind. Thanks.

Comment

Bump for visibility

Comment

Shocks are back in stock, ready to ship next day!

Comment

Bump! Plenty in stock, shipping next day.

Comment

Any news on when these will be back in stock? I'm redoing my 88 cabrio interior this winter and need some shocks!

Comment

Originally posted by Zinnocab View Post
                            Any news on when these will be back in stock? I'm redoing my 88 cabrio interior this winter and need some shocks!
                            Should be ready to ship again late next week! I had more orders before the holidays than I expected.

Comment

Still waiting on the shocks, they're held up in customs but should be in by the end of the week!

Comment

They're back in stock! Ready to ship next day

Comment

Working...
                                X