Announcement

Collapse

Classified Forums - Read this first!

Here are a few simple guidelines for this forum. Failure to follow any of these rules will be grounds for your thread to be closed.

Post your information
Post as much info as you can. Say where you are located, where the part is located, the best way to get in contact with you, if you are willing to ship, etc.

Post the item's information
Post as much info as you can. A price must be posted, as well as pictures of the item(s). Post as many pictures as you can, even if it is a common item. A picture tells a thousand words, but it can also conceal another thousand. Links to hosted galleries of images are acceptable, links to eBay and/or Craigslist are not. Once the item sells, please do not edit your ad to remove the price. Many people search through old ads to get an idea what their item may be worth.

If listing a car, post:
-The year and model
-An accurate mileage. If the odometer is broken, post what it reads currently and how many miles you believe it has
-Any aftermarket modifications
-Any known issues or damaged areas
-A price
-As many pictures as possible of every area

If listing wheels and/or tires, post:
-The brand and model
-As many specs as you can, including but not limited to tire size, tread remaining, wheel diameter, width, offset, bolt pattern and centerbore, if multi-piece the lip, barrel and center size. If they have been redrilled post the original bolt pattern and where it was done.
-Any imperfections, including but not limited to curb rash, bends, cracks, repaired areas, scratches. For tires, note any gashes, bubbles, cupping or curb rash
-A price
-As many pictures as possible of every wheel

If listing parts, post:
-What brand and what models it can be used on
-An accurate description
-How long it/they have been used for
-Any imperfections
-A price

For miscellaneous items, post:
-A detailed description of the item
-How long it/they were used for
-Any imperfections
-A price

For WTB threads
-Be as detailed as possible.
-List exactly what you want, what variations you will accept, colors or materials, etc.
-Post what you won't accept. This includes imperfections, colors, models, etc.
-Post a price range of what you are willing to pay (typically based on condition).
-Post where you are located and if you would prefer local pickup.

In case the point was not made, everything being sold on this forum must include a price and as many pictures as possible.
-This is not eBay or Craigslist (or any other buy/sell/trade site). Do not post links to those for your ad. The same goes for linking to ads on other forums... either post your information here or have your thread closed.
-Feeler threads are not allowed. If you're not sure about selling it, don't post it.
-Cross-posting within the R3VLimited forum is not allowed. Choose a single subforum for your ad.
-If listing your item for trade, post what you are looking for, what you feel your item is worth, if you would like cash back or if you have cash to put on top.
-Thread crapping is not allowed. If you're not interested in purchasing the item for sale or have nothing positive to add, stay out of the thread or be prepared for a time out. If you complain about the time out, it will be extended.
-Threads can be bumped a maximum of once per day (24h). You are allowed to respond to others more than once a day.
-If listing multiple items, post them in one thread. Exceptions are cars and wheels.
See more
See less

Fully refurbished OEM BMW Alpine CM5907 and CM5908 slider radios

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just a suggestion: There are likely a lot of cores out there. Maybe think about posting a core purchase policy in your thread. Electronic items are tough to price so it would be helpful to the seller to know a flat price or a price and timeframe if a nice unit needs to be checked out. Good luck man
    Last edited by packratbimmer; 10-11-2019, 06:39 AM. Reason: Cheers

Comment

• bradnic
      bradnic commented
      Editing a comment
      Core pricing is tricky, especially with the typical situation of folks pulling radios in junk yards without codes, not able to power them up etc.

I try to be fair, but that requires a full radio inspection.
      - Some parts can be repaired, but it takes time and $$. Time is super scarce.
      - Some parts can’t be repaired or reused at all
      - I’ve seen a good 10-20% of externally good looking cores fried internally, or having tuner problems that can’t be fixed. At that point all you’re really buying is a faceplate, maybe an LCD and a volume control, if you’re really lucky a slider board.

I’ll keep working at it, since even an unrepairable unit has some basic value for replacement parts.

I could certainly try a fast track policy for untested stuff. It will always be less than trying to sell yourself on eBay, but it would be quick and guaranteed.

Im just not going to repair peoples radios anymore. If they don’t work I’ll accept them as a core.

Will need to think about it more.
      Last edited by bradnic; 10-11-2019, 02:30 PM.

I found Brad's post and website about 6 months ago. I sent in a well used CM5908 and had a refurbishment and BT install performed. I wasn't sure I could figure out the wiring post aftermarket radio, but I did and I have to say that his work is top notch. The radio and BT work and sound excellent IMO. I'm not an audiophile, but I was quite shocked at how good the ancient factory speakers sounded. I'll probably replace those at some point.

Thanks Brad!

Comment

Just shipped a BT 5908 for the first time since June. To those of you remaining on the wait list, thanks once again for your incredible patience. I should have the remaining radios out by end of October.

I do intend to offer these services again, but with a few changes:
      -- I plan to sell only sell from existing inventory. This will eliminate the delay issues. It will also restrict sales to only inventory on hand.
      -- You will need to provide a core radio in exchange. If your core looks better cosmetically than my inventory unit I'll swap things like faceplates out so you get your best radio.
      -- I will only work on tape decks by exception, and it won't be cheap. If I do 2-3 a year that's about it.
      -- I have lost money on just about every radio I've worked on. So my prices are going to go up.

So this basically means I won't be repairing radios on demand anymore, only buying cores outright and accepting radios for exchange. I should be able to handle 1-2 radios a month this way.

For those of you that get priced out of the market, I intend to post some self-service repair info. Since i'm not making money here anyway I'm willing to do that. Just don't fool yourself that it's an easy job. When the radios go the boards get damaged. So it's not just a part replacement task.

I'll provide another update in a couple of months.
      Last edited by bradnic; 09-30-2019, 03:27 PM.
      I BUY/SELL REFURBISHED CM5907s & CM5908s

HOWTOs:
      DB vert plastic bumpers
      OEM Keys
      MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
      91 ic Calypso 3.1
      86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

reelizmpro: I will always be an e30 guy.. I still do all of my own labor
      TrentW: There's just something so right about a well-built M20 in an E30
      e30m3s54turbo: I save my money for tuner parts.

Comment

Based on my experience with Brad...I find it hard to believe that he would conduct himself in an unprofessional manner. I've know Brad for a number of years. although we haven't been in touch for some time. he has always been as helpful as possible with my inquiries. Ive met him and his wife personally when he drove up to Toronto to Take back a hard top from me. Sometimes people get their wires crossed. Heck, we're only human. Doesn't mean we write people off because someone might be having a bad day.(s) The hardest occupation is having to deal with people. Heck I've made good friends from those I had misunderstandings with in the beginning. shit happens, move on. Put it behind you. life's too short..:-) You'll never make everyone happy.
        sigpic

Comment

I received a warranty return a couple of weeks ago that I just got to. It was working perfectly when shipped, proof via a 2 minute video.

anyway, it ain’t working now. Customer gets hosed and my time is limited. bad Karma.

i refunded his money in full including shipping.
          i will give him dibs to buy another one when I have it available. It will have a full 120 day warranty when shipped.

i don’t want people’s money if their radios don’t do what they are supposed to.
          i won’t take deposits.
          i will sell radios when I have them available.
          They’re not gonna be cheap. you will pay for my time, supplies and expertise.
          I’ll make sure you’re satisfied
          im still not gonna make any money doing this.
          I BUY/SELL REFURBISHED CM5907s & CM5908s

HOWTOs:
          DB vert plastic bumpers
          OEM Keys
          MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
          91 ic Calypso 3.1
          86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

reelizmpro: I will always be an e30 guy.. I still do all of my own labor
          TrentW: There's just something so right about a well-built M20 in an E30
          e30m3s54turbo: I save my money for tuner parts.

Comment

Working...
          X