Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FS: Early Model IS Bumper Brackets, "Cow Catcher", Available Now!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FS: Early Model IS Bumper Brackets, "Cow Catcher", Available Now!

Hi r3v!
    I am starting to produce brackets for early model IS valences. I’ve taken a look at a thread from a couple years ago, when sets were produced after they stopped being available from BMW. This thread hasn't been active for years, so I feel alright hijacking the idea

Sets available for sale now! PayPal $60 ($65 if you pay with fees) to zephyrpitre@gmail.com to get your set shipped to you.

Shipping only within the Continental US at this price. Please contact me if you are international, we can work something out!

I’m giving away two sets to get some feedback from the community, and ensure that they fit and work perfectly. If you have over 200 posts, and you’re interested in having a set shipped to your door, FOR FREE, please shoot me a pm :)
    Here are some photos, these new brackets match the original design, except that the lower thinner portion is reinforced. These have been claimed.

Not officially for sale yet, but I expect the price point to be around $75 shipped for a set of three.

These are printed PLA, which will be strong and durable. However if there is interest from those intent on maintaining their E30 for the next hundred years, I can produce solid aluminum brackets for a higher price.
    Huge thanks to 2mAn for the old bracket I modeled this off!

Pics:

Last edited by Metallated; 08-30-2019, 08:34 AM.

Hey PM sent

Comment

Those look fantastic! Nice work!
      Simon
      Current Cars:
      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Those look great! I made my own out of steel bar. I wish I saw these first but I don't have 200 posts yet.
        Originally posted by Melon
        Engine work takes patience and finesse.

Suspension work takes anger, a big fucking hammer, and a torch.

Comment

Thanks for the support guys!

Strawman - I'm responding to your pm now

Comment

Found homes for both free sets! Pending feedback these will be available for sale!

Comment

Nice! I will be watching

Comment

Nice job! I think the reason for the thinner piece on the bottom is so that if you bump into something the bracket breaks instead of your (NLA) cow catcher.

Comment

Originally posted by locar View Post
                  Nice job! I think the reason for the thinner piece on the bottom is so that if you bump into something the bracket breaks instead of your (NLA) cow catcher.
                  Interesting! I could pretty easily add a similar breakable, replaceable bar if the community wants it...

Comment

Pm-ed. You are doing this community a great service :))

Comment

By the way, you may know this but the center piece is a bit different from the outer pieces.
                      Thanks!

Comment

It looks like my cow catcher could fit better. I look forward to these brackets being available
                        Last edited by Stan; 12-24-2019, 06:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Stan View Post
                          It loos like my cow catcher could fit better. I look forward to these brackets being available
                          Very nice looking car! I always wish I had a very around this time of year.

Comment

Hi see attached a picture of my OEM brackets. They're dinged up so it's hard to tell if the centre bracket is different but to me they look the same. Anyone want to point out what I am missing LOL

Comment

Mine all looked identical other than being destroyed in different ways
                              Simon
                              Current Cars:
                              -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Working...
                              X