Italvolanti steering wheel to MOMO hub adapters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Italvolanti steering wheel to MOMO hub adapters

These adapters allow you to mount your 3-bolt Italvolanti/Atiwe/BMW Motorsport steering wheel to any standard 6-bolt MOMO hub. Prototypes have been successfully road-tested and final production will be complete by the end of the week (approx March 6th). Made of 6061 aluminum with a black anodized finish, this adapter is strong, light, and looks great. Designed and manufactured in Southern California.

Link to purchase: http://thepaddock.xyz/store/steering-wheel-adapter-italvolanti-3-bolt-to-momo-hub

Click image for larger version  Name:	bmw_m3_dtm_11-1.jpg Views:	199 Size:	77.1 KB ID:	9904521 Click image for larger version  Name:	s-l1600.jpg Views:	200 Size:	38.8 KB ID:	9904522 Click image for larger version  Name:	three bolt Italvolanti.jpg Views:	200 Size:	34.6 KB ID:	9904523
    Last edited by bluebmw.com; 03-03-2020, 10:31 AM.

Originally posted by bluebmw.com View Post
    This allows you to mount an Italvolanti in literally any car.
    So this will work on my Lexus?
    If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

That’s awesome, there has been a $100 3 bolt on eBay for some time now
      1990 Brilliantrot 325iS Build Thread
      1989 Zinnoberrot M3 Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley Rockafella View Post
        So this will work on my Lexus?
        No idea what Lexus model you have, but it should work! Just buy a Lexus-MOMO hub and this will mount right up.

Comment

Originally posted by AWDBOB View Post
          That’s awesome, there has been a $100 3 bolt on eBay for some time now
          Think I saw that, pre-83 splines yeah?

Side note: the Italvolanti hubs are known for being a bit "shallow" - meaning it sets the wheel very close to your turn signal and wiper stalks. One solution is to make a spacer. However, a MOMO hub + this adapter is bit thicker and therefore shouldn't require a spacer.

Comment

I’ve had both the 3-bolt and a 6-bolt and neither came close to the turn signal indicators. Probably an issue with the airbag cars.
            Simon
            Current Cars:
            -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Quick update: The design has been finalized and sent to production. See attached pics of the 3D-printed prototype in-action!

The pre-order discount is still open for another week, grab yours today: http://thepaddock.xyz/store/steering...lt-to-momo-hub

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6560.jpeg
Views:	354
Size:	61.1 KB
ID:	9906800 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6533.jpeg
Views:	299
Size:	64.2 KB
ID:	9906801 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6562.jpeg
Views:	300
Size:	57.9 KB
ID:	9906802 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6578.jpeg
Views:	300
Size:	70.3 KB
ID:	9906803

Comment

Ah this looks great! Mine was actually drilled already for a MOMO hub but I wonder if this could act like a spacer so my fingers don't hit the stalks without me having to fit non-airbag stalks (airbag car).
                1990 E30 325i sedan - Gletscherblau (280) over Indigo cloth (0271)

Comment

Originally posted by tk-421 View Post
                  Ah this looks great! Mine was actually drilled already for a MOMO hub but I wonder if this could act like a spacer so my fingers don't hit the stalks without me having to fit non-airbag stalks (airbag car).
                  That's a great idea! The adapter is about 1/2" thick - think that's enough to space keep you from bumping the stalks?

Comment

Originally posted by bluebmw.com View Post

That's a great idea! The adapter is about 1/2" thick - think that's enough to space keep you from bumping the stalks?
                    I think that should be perfect. It's something I've gotten used to but if I lose it in frustration then I might be in contact with you. It's much easier than sourcing good stalks and doing all the work to put them in, plus I have to take my steering wheel off to center it anyway
                    1990 E30 325i sedan - Gletscherblau (280) over Indigo cloth (0271)

Comment

Bump!

Comment

Working...
                      X