WTB: IE stage 3 springs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WTB: IE stage 3 springs

Looking for a set of IE stage 3s. Willing to buy or either trade my H&R Sports. I may end up just buying them new, but figured if anyone here had some they are tired of or just wanting to change....

[THE 501 club - Founding Member]

Same here!
    Trevor Ely
    '95 M Sport 540i - '00 A4 1.8TQMS - '85 190E 2.3-16
    '88 535is - '87 325e - '89 325is - '91 318is - '90 325is - '96 328is

Comment

Re: WTB: IE stage 3 springs

Originally posted by RCWells
      Looking for a set of IE stage 3s. Willing to buy or either trade my H&R Sports. I may end up just buying them new, but figured if anyone here had some they are tired of or just wanting to change....
      I might be selling my IE III's if I don't find any pics of a better drop with them.

Mine are new, never installed.

There's also a GB goin on over on E30Tech though.

Comment

Re: WTB: IE stage 3 springs

Originally posted by robert325is

There's also a GB goin on over on E30Tech though.
        235+ shipping get on the buy

Comment

Thanks for the replies. I did go to e30tech and saw pics of Chris' drop, and I don't think the IEs are going to work. Damn. I thought I had come up with a cheap alternative to the GC. BUT, it looks as though I will have to bite the bullet at some point, ante up the dough, and buy into some GC. I would prefer the GC setup anyway, but it's always about the green stuff. Anyway, thanks for the help guys.

I am too tired and/or lazy to search right now, but does anyone know how the H&R race springs sit compared to the IE Stage 3s?

Comment

the springs that come with the cup-kit are pretty low. i dont know which H&R springs those are though...
            IG: @Baye30

FRONT VALENCE IS ZENDER!!! STOP FILLING MY PM BOX PPL!!!

Comment

Yeah, I love the way the Cup Kit sits, it's perfect. BUT, it's too soft from what I've heard. I mean, my Sports aren't stiff enough to suit my tastes, so I KNOW the Cup Kit won't do.

Comment

Originally posted by RCWells
                Yeah, I love the way the Cup Kit sits, it's perfect. BUT, it's too soft from what I've heard. I mean, my Sports aren't stiff enough to suit my tastes, so I KNOW the Cup Kit won't do.
                yeah i heard complaints from my buddy who has a cupkit, but then he upgraded to koni adj and he said it was MUCH better...
                IG: @Baye30

FRONT VALENCE IS ZENDER!!! STOP FILLING MY PM BOX PPL!!!

Comment

I dont know whats up with the stage 3s anymore, mine seem to be just fine. No spring pads, high rear arches and I have just a bit of tire tuck. Plus they are a bit stiffer than H+R race with about the same drop. You can go GC, but you will want Koni's no doubt. Konis with IE would be pretty hot set-up too.
                  Old and improved:

Comment

The rear is not the problem, it's the front. Heck, my rear sits fine as it is. Chris is the admin over at e30tech, and he has some profile shots of his stock vs. IEs, and the drop is definitley good. Just the front is a bit higher than what you can get with GC. Lower than my H&R Sports, but not quite low enough. It's weird how much altitude affects attitude, but when Christian and Branden were coming down the road in their white E30s, I tell you I got goosebumps. Those cars were sooo hot as low as they were. Christian was on GC, Branden on Eibachs I think, but he wasn't sure exactly what he was on (previous owner installed).

Point is, I want a more aggressive spring rate than what I have, but I also want more drop. And they are not mutually exclusive. I have to have both.

Comment

Originally posted by EtaSport
                      I dont know whats up with the stage 3s anymore, mine seem to be just fine. No spring pads, high rear arches and I have just a bit of tire tuck. Plus they are a bit stiffer than H+R race with about the same drop. You can go GC, but you will want Koni's no doubt. Konis with IE would be pretty hot set-up too.
                      Are you sure they are stiffer? I have always heard that the Stage 3's are exact copies of H&R Race springs.

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Digitalwave
                        Originally posted by EtaSport
                        Are you sure they are stiffer? I have always heard that the Stage 3's are exact copies of H&R Race springs.
                        I dunno if that's true because Eibach makes the Stage IIIs I think.
                        Current Cars
                        2014 M235i
                        2009 R56 Cooper S
                        1998 M3
                        1997 M3

Comment

Dave's right. They are made by Eibach. I think the stage 3s are a bit stiffer than the H&R race, but my question is how do the H&Rs sit compared to the IE springs.

Comment

Have Patrick from BMA pricematch the 7% off SEAMs price (thats SEAMs price with R3V discount) and you will get the best price in town and you will actually get the springs. Got mine from him in under a week. For those of you looking for pics of them on a car I should have some after the picnic.
                            sigpic

Comment

TJ, not sure what the spring rates are on the HR, but I read a post on here (from a reliable source) that gave IEs rates and they were around 25lbs more than the HR. Not much, but they are still pretty stiff springs.

Now that you mention it robert, the front is a tad higher than could be. I didnt know if you were referring to rake amount. GC would probably be the way to go for you. Im jealous with dan's m42 with GC and koni, but I am content with my setup.
                              Old and improved:

Comment

Working...
                              X