X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ForcedFirebird
    replied
    ^^^X2. I have been a member here a long time and never had a scammer hit me up before. Yesterday was approached by the same member, same email (Deon19, sbernard626@gmail.com.)

Leave a comment:

• Ceeker
    replied
    I recenlty received a reply in my in box regarding someone who is not on this site who has parts that I was looking for in this section.
    I was given a name and e-mail address to the contact of the parts. I e-mailed the person and at first seemed legit and professional and as correspondance continued asked me immediately how
    I wanted to make payment. I asked for a shipping quote twice and it was ignored. Just a request to send funds immedietely and package would be shipped with a tracking number. it all sounded
    fine until I request for shipping was finally answered with a rediculously now amount. Too many red flags started going off. I then replied back to the person on here about the identity of this individual
    I was dealing with. that came with no response. after 15 emails back and forth the dialogue changed and the written english language started to slide in quality. This has all the signs of a scam!!!
    I confirmed this with paypal when I told the individual he will only get my money through a good and service transaction. The conversion went sour from there.

Please note those of you looking for parts on here please be advised people are fishing for unsuspecting people such as myself to steal money from.
    you may recieve a pm with a forwarding e-mail address to take you off site. I received a referral from someone who is a member on here. so who knows.

user name: Deon19 the address he forwarded is sbernard626@gmail.com

Leave a comment:

• spyder918
    replied
    Yeah just got one from someone on here trying to sell me their OBC unit but then explained his Paypal was 'dormant' and that he only accepts Western Union or Cashier's Check..typical scammer response...bleh. Wonder if it would help if there was a buyer/seller rating system on here.

Leave a comment:

• 2002jm
    replied
    yeh the guy sent me a pm, lets get this guy off or R3v; ban time!!!
    jm

Leave a comment:

• ryanarroyo
    replied
    just got hit up from joeming0147@gmail.com, which a quick Google search gets hits from other forums complaining about this email tied to a scammer. Be careful all.

Leave a comment:

• AWDBOB
    replied
    Looks like Joeming is another scammer, just got the famous “I have your item here is my matching gmail” message.

Leave a comment:

• jeffnhiscars
    replied
    Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
    You rock!

That being said, I am a Nigerian prince and if you send me a check for $100,00, I will reply with $10m!
    Mailing address ?

Leave a comment:

• ForcedFirebird
    replied
    Originally posted by JasonC View Post
    Banned and IP banned

You rock!

Not difficult to detect scammers, if a member has few posts, not valuable input for the community, or just plain posts pics of things you can find on google image search, then they are probably scammers...

That being said, I am a Nigerian prince and if you send me a check for $100,00, I will reply with $10m!

Leave a comment:

• Vincent Brick
    replied
    I just got one too, same user, same text.

Leave a comment:

• djjerme
    replied
    Yup I got one too from "Troy" for the WTB M30 mount ad.

Leave a comment:

• pipeuy
    replied
    Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
    Just got the same message haha

Leave a comment:

• 2mAn
    replied

Leave a comment:

• JasonC
    replied
    Banned and IP banned

Leave a comment:

• GUERONASTY
    replied
    Originally posted by Емилио View Post
    new scam mail in WTB section. The following user send PM:

Brumfield
    Noobie

Ac Schnitzer Side skirts for cabrio
    Contact Salazar in Missouri, She has a Ac Schnitzer Side skirts for cabrio for sale. Here's her email jesusluvsyou0@gmail.com
    I got the same email they just changed what I “WTB” to correlate

Leave a comment:

• Емилио
    replied
    new scam mail in WTB section. The following user send PM:

Brumfield
    Noobie

Ac Schnitzer Side skirts for cabrio
    Contact Salazar in Missouri, She has a Ac Schnitzer Side skirts for cabrio for sale. Here's her email jesusluvsyou0@gmail.com

Leave a comment:

Working...
X