Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I recenlty received a reply in my in box regarding someone who is not on this site who has parts that I was looking for in this section.
    I was given a name and e-mail address to the contact of the parts. I e-mailed the person and at first seemed legit and professional and as correspondance continued asked me immediately how
    I wanted to make payment. I asked for a shipping quote twice and it was ignored. Just a request to send funds immedietely and package would be shipped with a tracking number. it all sounded
    fine until I request for shipping was finally answered with a rediculously now amount. Too many red flags started going off. I then replied back to the person on here about the identity of this individual
    I was dealing with. that came with no response. after 15 emails back and forth the dialogue changed and the written english language started to slide in quality. This has all the signs of a scam!!!
    I confirmed this with paypal when I told the individual he will only get my money through a good and service transaction. The conversion went sour from there.

Please note those of you looking for parts on here please be advised people are fishing for unsuspecting people such as myself to steal money from.
    you may recieve a pm with a forwarding e-mail address to take you off site. I received a referral from someone who is a member on here. so who knows.

user name: Deon19 the address he forwarded is sbernard626@gmail.com
    sigpic

Comment

^^^X2. I have been a member here a long time and never had a scammer hit me up before. Yesterday was approached by the same member, same email (Deon19, sbernard626@gmail.com.)
      john@m20guru.com
      Links:
      Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

UGGHHH!!!! I think I just got scammed by deon19/sbernard626@gmail. I Venmod him $70 (under yet another name–Vanessa Vespo). He said he would send me the cup tray from his Husco armrest. Initially he wanted $300 for the whole armrest.

Can anything be done to stop this guy?

Comment

At one point I had a few wanted ads posted here and I would get scammers message me every few days. Generally they always have a post count of 1 (or less than 10), want you to "take it offline", and may be "selling for a friend". If it seems shady, I'll offer to pay the paypal fees for a "goods and services" transaction so I'm protected.

Comment

He tried to scam me too - Deon19 with email address sbernard626@gmail.com
            📸 @joyfilledpursuit
            📖 John 3:16-18

Comment

Originally posted by midnight_marauder View Post
              He tried to scam me too - Deon19 with email address sbernard626@gmail.com
              Looks like Deon19 made his first post in the forum for some reason, responding to a 4 year old thread:

Maybe he's starting to create a Post History so he can scam more members ?

2021 Mazda 3 Sedan Premium AWD
              1988 325is (w/89 bumpers, recently sold)
              1989 325is (Broadsided long ago RIP)
              1996 328is (Sold to Matt J)
              2003 530i Sport (Spare car now)
              2005 X3 (little woman's car)
              Driving Instructor BMW CCA L.A. & S.D. Chapters
              Multiple L.A. & S.D. Region SCCA Autocross Championships

Comment

Gentlemen,
                all of those posts got from nick Deon19 and Mr. sanders or whatsoever are scam.
                I stand corrected IF someone knows Mr. bernard sanders (LOL) is living in this address:

(shorcut from my email got from earlier mentioned email-address)
                Hello Matti
                Are you still interested in this ?
                Thanks Bernard

423 S 17th Street
                Harrisburg Pennsylvania

Comment

Another one... (google translator has edited MY text, sorry.)

Comment

The next scammer reported:
                    Christine02
                    Noobie
                    Last Activity: Today, 01:14 AM
                    my friend King he mentioned he had those for sale you should contact him as I’m sure it’s still available here’s his email

kingrufus046@gmail.com

I apologize if this is an intrusion

(seems to be so that only Noobies have those Sprockets FS)

Comment

Got another potential scammer here, take a look for yourselves. PM'd me to both my WTB ad'’s and gives you the typical message. Goes by the name of Thomasx.

1992 M tech 2 Convertible - S50 Swap
                      1992 e34 Touring- S50 Swap
                      1992 325i-S50 Swap (SOLD)

1995 e36 M3 Mugello Red - S50 (SOLD)
                      1991 325i Convertible Laguna Green (SOLD)
                      1987 325i (SOLD);1992 M tech 2 Convertible (SOLD)
                      1988 325i Convertible Alpine White (SOLD)
                      Brilliantrot Convertible 80k Miles (SOLD)
                      1992 325i Convertible Schwarz (SOLD)
                      1992 318i Convertible Project-Finished (SOLD)

Comment

Basically, if anyone does not use something resembling proper language or formatting just ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by KIRIEIW View Post
                          Got another potential scammer here, take a look for yourselves. PM'd me to both my WTB ad'’s and gives you the typical message. Goes by the name of Thomasx.
                          He send me the same email also

Comment

Seems they are still here, got a PM yesterday for an add I just placed:

R3HOLT Yesterday, 05:40 PM
                            Contact Rollvix3, he has it for sale some weeks back don't know if it is still available.
                            Here's his email cinquemanivince@gmail.com

Did a search on Cinquemanvince and comes up on other sites trying to scam people. Can this site block R3Holt?

Comment

Think I caught one

Comment

This should be a sticky. I have had several “For Sale” ads refer me to a third party for a part I WTB.

Comment

Working...
                                X