X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Panici
    replied
    Bump to top for anyone who hasn't seen this sticky yet.

Beware of anyone offering parts "from a friend" through PMs.
    They will often give an email address for you to contact.

Ask for proof they have the part (picture with today's date handwritten on a piece of paper beside the item.)

If it's still in doubt get them on a phone call, and talk about E30s. (If a scammer even would go to this effort).
    With a quick convo you can assess if they are a legit E30 enthusiast or just someone looking to rip you off.

Leave a comment:

• RSlut
    replied
    Reminded me of when I got scammed, but did end up getting my money back, plus for a fair few others too: https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/for...nj-e30-scammer

Leave a comment:

• Panici
    replied
    Originally posted by Madman_e30 View Post
    it just happened to me also. is there a way to report these guys?
    Yeah, send me a PM with the info.

Leave a comment:

• Madman_e30
    replied
    it just happened to me also. is there a way to report these guys?

Leave a comment:

• Panici
    replied
    Went back through the last couple pages of this thread.
    Thanks for the reports guys.

I've banned these scammers, some of which were recently active:
    Nathan12, Gradle, Machala1, Capper117, Johnbob3352, Peter Williams, Gen.Richard, Chol@1​

I'll keep an eye on this thread for more scammer reports.
    Last edited by Panici; 12-15-2022, 11:55 AM.

Leave a comment:

• aavani90
    replied
    Is there a way to report scammers on here? I’ve had a few in the past week. This guy is the most recent.

Leave a comment:

• DEV0 E30
    replied
    Another one: https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/mem...5622-capper117

Leave a comment:

• bgoM3
    replied
    Scamming still happening with Machala1, sends the expected "email my friend at genxcyu@gmail.com". Odd request for payment with Bitcoin or Zelle.
    I note he has tried PMs to members x4 since December 2020 , all in the WTB section.
    I am looking for a really hard to find part, an M20 Bellhousing for G265. The photos sent through were perfect, all legit, but never seen before on any of my vast searching.
    I was conned by legit photos and not a new member, watchout for this, keep digging deeper with E30 or BMW knowledge, before getting burnt.

Leave a comment:

• Panici
    replied
    On top of the obvious mentioned above, one easy tip to figure out if someone is a scammer (before you send any money).
    Just start a conversation about their E30 and it'll be pretty apparent if they are a fellow enthusiast or just a parts scammer.

Bonus is that with legit sellers you get to have a chat about their car, mods, future plans, etc.

Leave a comment:

• twright
    replied
    Originally posted by twright View Post
    I have another candidate of scammers in the WTB posting: Gradle

He sent me a pm with a couple of pictures of the spoiler I wanted and asked me to text his phone number: 928-651-9652

He says his name is William Downey and here is his zelle info: ayresphoebe366@gmail.com.

After a series of questions, I Zelled him $200. He then sent me a barage of questions, because the Zelle didn't go through right away. As soon as it did, I didn't hear any more from him. No spoiler, no $200.

I think I've been screwed.

OK, its worse than i thought:

My post on WTB had 5 replies with people that all said they had spare spoilers for a Touring. (There are NOT that many in the US) All five had different ID's with NO activity. Someone has figured out how easy it is to sign up and then just scam people in the WTB section.

Leave a comment:

• twright
    replied
    I have another candidate of scammers in the WTB posting: Gradle

He sent me a pm with a couple of pictures of the spoiler I wanted and asked me to text his phone number: 928-651-9652

He says his name is William Downey and here is his zelle info: ayresphoebe366@gmail.com.

After a series of questions, I Zelled him $200. He then sent me a barage of questions, because the Zelle didn't go through right away. As soon as it did, I didn't hear any more from him. No spoiler, no $200.

I think I've been screwed.

Leave a comment:

• Mo Brighta
    replied
    Just got a PM from a candidate in my WTB post-
    1-- zero posts, zero activity on the forum, no name on his profile
    2-- E30 model is '1986'
    3-- reply says he has "copy of what I posted" with no price
    4-- asked me to reply to an email, not a reply or PM through the forum
    5-- recently joined, couple of months ago.
    6-- Sketchy skills with the language: "Hey buddy Facelift rear light - back sides his available for sale not in any damage and it’s in a good shape pm bullgk07@gmail.com"

I replied to his PM, NOT his email, asking him to send me a PM through the forum with pictures and price, and how to send payment...
    We'll undoubtedly get a confirmation of their status in response... stay tuned for the next chapter

UPDATE - sends me a picture of PRE-FACELIFT lights, wants $500 by 'Zelle.' I said 'Not the parts I want.' end of story.
    Maybe we should ban / blacklist the fellow?

Please folks, pay attention, follow the advice in this thread - just exactly what 'roguetoaster' says to avoid being a victim!

UPDATE #2- 18 July - Nathan12 has joined the list of 'WTB Scammers' -
    -- E30 model is '1985'
    -- zero posts
    -- joined on the day he replied with "Hello, TrashTank has been trying to part out with his Facelift rear light - back sides and it's in excellent condition.. I'll suggest that you should contact him to know if it's still available..leslerk@aol.com You can email him.. he's asking $90 for it."
    -- offers the name 'TrashTank' as if it is a forum user name, but trashtank is not a member, and can only be reached by email.... not going to happen.

I reply, 'I can pay $15-20', and ask for pictures... he sends a picture of two lenses, not the backs... here is the link:

Anyone want to do an image search? Please let me know the source of this picture... my technology is too primitive to do this.

BAN.

Andy
    Last edited by Mo Brighta; 07-20-2022, 11:58 AM. Reason: adding another perpetrator

Leave a comment:

• roguetoaster
    replied
    Guys, two very simple giveaways in a scammer profile, which you need to look at:

Recent join date/no posts
    Either year only or nonsense entry in the E30 section

If those are both true do not do business with them and simply wait for an established user to get in touch about parts.

Leave a comment:

• Profsr
    replied
    I believe this guy might be another one....

E30 part_world

Sent him a bit of money for the fog lights that I WTB and have not heard from him since. Been about 4 days.

Leave a comment:

• Whit3 E30
    replied
    PeterWilliams 4 is now officially a scammer, "noobie" with 0 post and
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

Working...
X