Parts wanted scams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Parts wanted scams

Hello, I apologize if this post needs to be moved elsewhere. but I recenlty received a reply in my in box regarding someone who is not on this site who has parts that I was looking for in this section.
    I was given a name and e-mail address to the contact of the parts. I e-mailed the person and at first seemed legit and professional and as correspondance continued asked me immediately how
    I wanted to make payment. I asked for a shipping quote twice and it was ignored. Just a request to send funds immedietely and package would be shipped with a tracking number. it all sounded
    fine until I request for shipping was finally answered with a rediculously now amount. Too many red flags started going off. I then replied back to the person on here about the identity of this individual
    I was dealing with. that came with no response. after 15 emails back and forth the dialogue changed and the written english language started to slide in quality. This has all the signs of a scam!!!
    I confirmed this with paypal when I told the individual he will only get my money through a good and service transaction. The conversion went sour from there.

Please note those of you looking for parts on here please be advised people are fishing for unsuspecting people such as myself to steal money from.
    you may recieve a pm with a forwarding e-mail address to take you off site. I received a referral from someone who is a member on here. so who knows.

sigpic

What's the username ,

Comment

Deon19
      sigpic

Comment

Every time I post a WTB I get reply from seller that has just join the forum offering what I am looking for or asking for my email address, unless you have been a long time member I don't bother.

Comment

Similar experience with pics though

Comment

Yes I got pics too all seemed legit but the red flag was when asked to send money but no shipping cost and the a clearly stated parts plus sgipping
            sigpic

Comment

Only buy parts from members of this forum, with perhaps at least 100 posts. ;-)
              Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Comment

had the same thing happen a year ago, then again yesterday. DO NOT DO WTB BUSINESS WITH ANYONE HAVING LOW POST COUNT
                I BUY/SELL REFURBISHED CM5907s & CM5908s

HOWTOs:
                DB vert plastic bumpers
                OEM Keys
                MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
                91 ic Calypso 3.1
                86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

reelizmpro: I will always be an e30 guy.. I still do all of my own labor
                TrentW: There's just something so right about a well-built M20 in an E30
                e30m3s54turbo: I save my money for tuner parts.

Comment

Brad..it wasn't his post. He referred a 3rd party..nedless to say I wrote a mod to ban him!
                  but yes I get it.
                  Last edited by Ceeker; 11-30-2019, 10:32 AM.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ceeker View Post
                    Hello, I apologize if this post needs to be moved elsewhere. but I recenlty received a reply in my in box regarding someone who is not on this site who has parts that I was looking for in this section......
                    Actually there's a Sticky Thread at the top of this very forum about Scammers. I'd post your experience in that thread so others will see it. This thread will end up getting buried back several pages.

https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/forum/e30-classified-forums/for-sale-wanted/parts-wanted/289742-beware-of-scammers-in-the-wtb-section-just-a-warning-please-read

Randy Walters

2021 Mazda 3 Sedan Premium AWD
                    1988 325is (w/89 bumpers, recently sold)
                    1989 325is (Broadsided long ago RIP)
                    1996 328is (Sold to Matt J)
                    2003 530i Sport (Spare car now)
                    2005 X3 (little woman's car)
                    Driving Instructor BMW CCA L.A. & S.D. Chapters
                    Multiple L.A. & S.D. Region SCCA Autocross Championships

Comment

Reverse image search the pics if it's a new member.
                      Current_SeeDee 1972 e10 Luna 1975 e10
                      Past___Veronica 1994 e36 Le-Ah 1987 e30

Comment

Wonder why admin hasn't banned him yet
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X