Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SPECIAL DEALS! Motorsport Hardware *R3V SALE!* Wheel Stud kits, Spacers, & More.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Watching this thread, I will order some once I figure out the spacer sizes I am going to end up with.

Cheers,

Jim
    sigpic

Comment

Well what am i supposed to use to tighten the studs to 80lbs ft. i thought my little allen key might do it...and im getting some of the long studs so just double nut technique it till its suuuper tight

Originally posted by kalib0y View Post
      They work because people who jack wheels almost always aren't carrying allen tools.

But in the event that they do carry them, because there is 80-90ft/lbs on each stud, trying to loosen each stud with the small allen tool will either damage or break the tool first. Unless they have a strong enough tool then its another story.

Its just an added step they have to take to stealing the wheels. Then again, if someone really wanted to take your wheels, it doesn't really matter what wheel locks you have, wheel studs or not.
      m20 is plenty. im simply a drifter.
      build thread -- http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=206510

Comment

Originally posted by ROLLingKING View Post
        Well what am i supposed to use to tighten the studs to 80lbs ft. i thought my little allen key might do it...and im getting some of the long studs so just double nut technique it till its suuuper tight
        You only tighten the studs on your hub to 25 ft/lbs with the blue loctite. You would only torque the nuts to 85ft/lbs after you put the wheel on.
        95 7.1L 16V E36 M3
        Motorsport Hardware ***Wheel studs and Spacers!!!--->FOR SALE 4/5 Lug Stud Conversion Kits available CLICK HERE
        LIKE my Facebook Page! CLICK HERE

Comment

Originally posted by IronmanE30 View Post
          Watching this thread, I will order some once I figure out the spacer sizes I am going to end up with.

Cheers,

Jim
          just let me know. if you go anyting over 13mm spacers then I would reccomend either going with my 80mm studs or with the 91mm bullet nose.
          95 7.1L 16V E36 M3
          Motorsport Hardware ***Wheel studs and Spacers!!!--->FOR SALE 4/5 Lug Stud Conversion Kits available CLICK HERE

Comment

still got a few more 80mm kits availabe
            95 7.1L 16V E36 M3

Comment

Goooot eemmmm!

Studs came in the mail yesterday and my spacers got in the previous day so i was all ready to go. They were packeged very neat and tidy so they didnt move around and mess up the threads if tossed by a packaging dude.

I put the 80mm studs in the rear with my 20mm spacer sold by ejnight also on r3v. Heres some pics Ryan. and Thanks again for offering a quality product

Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	93.6 KB
ID:	7135911

Name:	IMAG0186.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	74.8 KB
ID:	7135912

Name:	IMAG0187.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	36.0 KB
ID:	7135913
              m20 is plenty. im simply a drifter.
              build thread -- http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=206510

Comment

Thanks for the great pics! I would love to see pics of the whole car too
                95 7.1L 16V E36 M3

Comment

Up for more 80mm stud kits!
                  95 7.1L 16V E36 M3

Comment

Sent you a pm.

Comment

Anyone tried the 38mm studs with 15" D-force wheels? It seems there's almost nil clearance. The bolts rotate around like once before stopping. I was too nervous to run them.
                      sigpic
                      -Sean : 91 Calypso 325i : Castro Motorsports SoCal Spec E30 #33

Comment

Originally posted by ccastro131 View Post
                        Sent you a pm.
                        replied, with a question.

Originally posted by priapism View Post
                        Anyone tried the 38mm studs with 15" D-force wheels? It seems there's almost nil clearance. The bolts rotate around like once before stopping. I was too nervous to run them.
                        You should have at least 6.5-7turns when tightening your wheels down. If you only have 1 then you were very smart not to run them. I think the 57mm is a great all around stud becuase they give you the maximum bite on the nut when tightening without the spacer.

Let me know if you are interested in a set.
                        95 7.1L 16V E36 M3

Comment

Yeah, it's odd because I run standard lug bolts with no problems. I don't get it.
                          sigpic
                          -Sean : 91 Calypso 325i : Castro Motorsports SoCal Spec E30 #33

Comment

So I finally got some time to post up some pictures!

First of all Ryan is very communicative in the whole process and is quick to answer any questions. Everything was packed up very neatly and shipping was super quick.

I had a hard time finding nuts that fit the bolts so i just used the lug nuts. No problems.

They fit great, no complaints what so ever. Would definitely recommend to anybody!

Will post up some pictures from the drift event tomorrow!

Edit: sorry for the crappy cell phone pics haha.
                            Last edited by Texas Toast; 10-15-2011, 10:15 PM.
                            Wrecking cars, closing bars.

Tie rod spacers for sale: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=245785

Comment

I got all mine installed and then took them out on their maiden voyage, a evening of AutoX!! I love the product! This is a great upgrade for a really good price!
                              450whp 524 lb-ft 1988 336ic In progress

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=250709

Comment

Thanks! Try to get some pics fo your car up. Bump for a new week!
                                95 7.1L 16V E36 M3

Comment

Working...
                                X