E30 M3 OE 16" x 7½" et27 wheels - $650

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E30 M3 OE 16" x 7½" et27 wheels - $650

what the subject line says. E30 M3-unique 16" x 7½" BBSes. painted a random green color, would need refinished unless they're your thing. pretty good rash on one of them, the rest are not too bad.

lots more pictures here :
    E30 M3 OE 16" wheels, unique rear face of wheel is _not_ the same as E28 M5 wheel of identical outside appearance. two more center caps will be included.

obviously quite rare, they are externally identical to E28 M5 wheels but have a completely different profile to the barrel/hub area, which even though they have _more_ offset, you actually have _more_ clearance to brakes. marginally more, but more. when M3 guys run E28 M5 wheels they have to use lower profile Saab caliper pad clips IIRC, these don't need that. RZ353 is the BBS part number, but as the hub pics show, these are OE BMW parts.

I don't have two center caps to match the green, but I do have other regular center caps which would be included with the sale.

$650 + shipping from 48203.

Bueller ?

Comment

bump !

Comment

I'm interested in these as street wheels. Would you mind cutting out Lee's Rallye kit profile and seeing how close the fit is? I needed only 10mm spacer to fit my E28 M5 wheel.

My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

hmn. I will have to noodle over how that template wants to be used to measure clearance a bit, mind addled by a cold at the moment.

if you can run E28 M5 wheels with a 10mm spacer, my guess is that the same would apply here.

as mentioned above, the E30 M3 wheels have a different profile to the rear of the wheel so that even though they have more offset, they have more clearance for brakes, which is counterintuitive. the stock E30 M3 brakes will rub the spring clips on the wheel with full thickness pads on E28 M5 wheels, but not with the et27s.

I didn't take a pic of the back side of the wheel for some reason, but if you compare to an M5 wheel it's obvious. depending on how much time I spend on house chores tonight, I may or may not get into the garage to get a pic of the two for comparison, or figure out how the template works. I'll let you know.

Comment

That is my thought as well that there is just 7mm more pad on the backside, but it's always great to verify!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

no, with more offset, there is less built up area to the mounting surface, which is why it's counterintutive that the et27 wheel has more clearance for brakes. I still have not had a chance to get out to the garage, but it's definitely on for the weekend as I only have one appliance being delivered and two chimneys to scrub clean of plaster.

Comment

Your right. Not sure why I had that backwards!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Are these still available? These are so cheap me just wants to hoard them!

Comment

yes, they are absolutely still available. I am pretty sure there is another set in similar refinish-needed condition in the shed behind the E34, just haven't dug them out.

I have not been able to mess with the template which Eric linked to (or figure out how to use it, I'm dense that way this month it seems) but I think I've finally realized that I should have done with it and will try this afternoon.

Comment

Eric has gone with new wheels from dealer, so these are most definitely available.

countertops (other than assembling a shitton of doors, the last step in the kitchen remodel, no just have to pay for it..) are being installed tomorrow and the baby is due in a month, make me an offer, cash talks !

Comment

Dealer wheels

recently checked on purchasing the correct 16 x 7.5 wheels from the dealer. The cost was $1600 for 4 plus tax. Not bad for the correct wheel. They had both colors available two months ago.

Comment

Sold ! will have another set listed shortly when I get a chance to dig them out of the shed.

Comment

Nice wheels, wish i had the extra cash laying around.
                            Current:
                            1989 325i
                            1988 M3
                            1987 325ic
                            Past:
                            2001 330ci
                            2001 M3

Comment

Working...
                            X