Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

**R3V SALE** 4x100-5x120 & 4x100-5x114.3 Cheapest on the market ~> E30Sports.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Silver Surfer View Post
    Just dropped my "New Wheels" off at powder coating. PM'd you about adapters, I need these for Bimmerfest.
    Hey I didn't receive your message

Comment

Bump

Comment

Originally posted by Mushi View Post
        Hey I didn't receive your message
        Didn''t go through for some reason, just PM'd again.

Comment

Originally posted by mxtx View Post
          received and installed adapters and all is good except the studs are too long for center caps to mount.

in hindsight, i saw one previous post where it was mentioned but does anyone have a solution update?

i would really like to use my center caps without having to cut the studs or spend another $120 for shorter studs elsewhere.

anyone else have this issue? first time using adapters, please advise, thanks.

This worries me also as I have a set of 17x8 Style 5's I want to use with caps. Can anyone verify that they fit over the studs?
          "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
          88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
          89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
          91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Originally posted by reelizmpro View Post
            This worries me also as I have a set of 17x8 Style 5's I want to use with caps. Can anyone verify that they fit over the studs?
            Just finished new studs style will fit with center caps. All orders will come with studs from now on no bolts anymore. The new studs will clear your center caps and can be installed just fine

Comment

Originally posted by Mushi View Post
              Just finished new studs style will fit with center caps. All orders will come with studs from now on no bolts anymore. The new studs will clear your center caps and can be installed just fine
              just two weeks after i was denied any solution that didn't include cutting — this definitely stings.

costed me another $120 elsewhere for separate set of shorter studs.

looks like i was the squeaky wheel, and everyone else is getting the grease...
              '89 E30 Touring, '85 911 3.2 Coupe, '89 GB500, '96 XR400

Comment

Originally posted by mxtx View Post
                just two weeks after i was denied any solution that didn't include cutting — this definitely stings.

costed me another $120 elsewhere for separate set of shorter studs.

looks like i was the squeaky wheel, and everyone else is getting the grease...
                I have no problem to send you new set. but you can pay 25$ for shipping.

I was asking the factory since December of last year to create new studs. and they had no word until last week. I was surprised.

but hey I can still send you a set at no cost but you only have to pay for shipping!

Comment

Just installed my new adapters. Running 205/50/16 on 18mm adapters. Only complaint is that my hex keys didn't really fit the studs to tighten them. Other then a little rub when I turn everything is good.

Comment

Originally posted by efficient View Post

Just installed my new adapters. Running 205/50/16 on 18mm adapters. Only complaint is that my hex keys didn't really fit the studs to tighten them. Other then a little rub when I turn everything is good.
                    Looking good. What do you mean by the hex won't fit the stud. Explain the problem let me try to help

Comment

The hex 6 didn't fit all the way in or at all so I had to get a smaller hex and tighten it stripping my hex key. Hopefully I never have to take them out.

Comment

The hex 6 didn't fit all the way in or at all so I had to get a smaller hex and tighten it stripping my hex key. Hopefully I never have to take them out.
                        the allen bolts came with the kit are 10mm. the nuts are 19mm. which one did you strip?

Comment

doing some test fitting on the e30 IX using e46 style 44

not bad at all

Comment

The studs, my hex tool didn't want to go in any of them only a few of them.

Comment

The studs, my hex tool didn't want to go in any of them only a few of them.
                              Huh probably your socket is big on edges caused this? I'll post pics tomorrow of the socket I used

Comment

Bump

Comment

Working...
                                X