Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brand New 16x7.5 ET 25 ESM BBS RS Style Rims(NOT KONIG)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I actually had better luck just spraying my basketweaves when they were clean, than I did stripping, priming, and painting my Voxx. I'm sure sanding would be just fine.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by widebodye30 View Post
      To paint the wheels.... Mask-Sand-Paint.
      No offense, but I'm aware of how to prep and paint wheels. I'm saying that sanding 4 weave wheels is a serious PAIN IN THE ASS.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Anderson View Post
        No offense, but I'm aware of how to prep and paint wheels. I'm saying that sanding 4 weave wheels is a serious PAIN IN THE ASS.
        Meh. I wouldn't sand shit on a new set of wheels. Some Scotchbrite should be more than enough. Still no fun but not really a huge hassle.

Comment

With powder coaters being a dime a dozen it could be done relatively cheap as long as they put several layers of tape (i'm thinking 3 layers of masking tape followed by three layers of duct tape) on the lip before the blast it. I don't trust paint on wheels. Seen to many wheels with chipped body matched paint. My sprocket on my bike is powdercoated and it has not chipped. Do it once and do it right.
          Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com
          My euro 316 project Transaction Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by einstein57 View Post
            With powder coaters being a dime a dozen.

Do it once and do it right.
            X2 Agreed........
            @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

dunno bout where you live, but where i am it costs about $100/wheel to blast/PC a wheel. thats kinda pricey if you ask me.
              IG: @Baye30

FRONT VALENCE IS ZENDER!!! STOP FILLING MY PM BOX PPL!!!

Comment

Redondo beach area. I got 21 pieces for my motorcycle powdercoated for $180. They said they could do the frame for under $300 any color i wanted. Last set of wheels cost me $200 i think but that was for some big a$$ truck wheels. They are so good to me i even get minor stuff around the house powdercoated.
                Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com

Comment

Originally posted by einstein57 View Post
                  With powder coaters being a dime a dozen it could be done relatively cheap as long as they put several layers of tape (i'm thinking 3 layers of masking tape followed by three layers of duct tape) on the lip before the blast it.
                  Sorry, incorrect. I went to 3 different powdercoating outfits here in town, and all 3 of them told me the same thing, that they couldn't blast and coat just the centers without risking damage to the outer rim of the wheel. Not only that, when they put the wheel in the oven to bake the powdercoating, the remaining clearcoat on the outer rim of the wheel would be rebaked, and it would pretty much ruin it.

Comment

Did not think about the clear coat. Most of the wheels i saw there were goiong to be mirror polished afterwards. I remember paying something like $80 a wheel for my motorcycle to get them stripped and fully polished from a rough bumpy cast. Could not be to much to just polish a smooth lip.

But enough thread jacking and on with the wheels

www.gecoils.com

Comment

Still waiting on an ETA and lip width for the 8.5"s

Day they become available is the day the ARE's go up for sale:hitler:.

AWS Gorillas

-For those who help defend others against wheel-snobs and their associated douchebaggery.

Comment

holy crap, i cant wait for a 8.5. ive been holding out for something like this for a drift setup :)

Comment

Originally posted by Hon2BMW View Post
                          Still waiting on an ETA and lip width for the 8.5"s

Day they become available is the day the ARE's go up for sale:hitler:.
                          Hopefully end of this year.
                          www.esmwheels.com
                          www.dtmfiberwerkz.com
                          Toll Free: 800.729.5450
                          Local: 818.341.9903

Comment

End of the year!?? I'll just save up for RSs I guess!

Comment

Ewwwwww. Thats not going to work. poo

AWS Gorillas

-For those who help defend others against wheel-snobs and their associated douchebaggery.

Comment

Got my wheels today at group buy rate.Ary,thanks for the good customer service and fast shipping.Hope to get them mounted on my 325i soon.

http://www.arghon.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X