GA: 740 BBS 16x8 **4x100**

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lov-e30 View Post
    Fuck Nigel, you are a fucking genious and you had the balls to get this done not just talk about it. The funny thing is you jumped on the vanwagon and went through with the project as opposed to the OP, he didn't even get the wheels to the machine shop.

NEXT TIME DON'T TALK ABOUT IT, BE ABOUT IT.
    I've actually been talking about it for months. Ask bob It just took me forever to find a set at a reasonable price. I've got a list of stuff lined up to make but have not had the time or money (like my $150 brake upgrade kit.) Check out my speaker box thread. Its finally done

Originally posted by Dragowl View Post
    einstein...great work! I'm curious as to who did the work for you and if I could find a shop on the east coast to do the same. That looks bad @$$ and totally awesome, I don't think I would care too much about a 3/5mm spacer either.
    There are a bunch of shops on the east coast. Just start calling around wheel repair shops and see who does fill and drills. And i think they will look better with a 5mm spacer anyway if you want to sit flush.

Originally posted by britishbmw View Post
    Just shave the bracket like in the picture i posted earlier and it will be fine. E30this (AKA White325is) hasn't had any problems with his.
    That looks scary and unsafe. Sure its lasted a few months. I want it to last a few decades. Plus that would never pass a tech inspection. I was considering just grinding off a little material. But with the inside of the barrel being so close to the strut, i would never be able to fit a 225/45/50 tire in the front.

Originally posted by kylebes1 View Post
    The other thing is I thought I had four or five sets which would have made this financially feasible, but I actually have only 9 wheels which means if I wanted a set I could only sell 1 set.
    I might be interested in that 9th wheel. I want to experiment with a gold center and polished lips.
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com
    My euro 316 project Transaction Feedback

Comment

on 5lug e30's with e30 m3 hardware, a 3mm spacer is needed to clear the front anti-rattle clip. i ran them with a 5mm and had space to the fender.

what i would suggest is run off a batch of like 20 10mm spacers with a hub centric to 57.1 AND hub centric lip for the 7x.x center bore on the 5lug wheel. perfect.
      IG: @Baye30

FRONT VALENCE IS ZENDER!!! STOP FILLING MY PM BOX PPL!!!

Comment

That would give us et10 with an 8" wide wheel, which would be close to perfect. I myself would rather roll the fender a bit to get a perfect look than take the chance of something rubbing the strut.

I would be in on buying spacers in a group buy to get them made specifically for this.
        -tim
        Originally posted by Jordan
        I like the stance
        -Coining hip terms since 10/9/03

Comment

So should i get them made in the 72.56 e38 bore, or 72.62 common aftermarket wheel bore so you can use them on other wheels as well?
          Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com

Comment

Would the extra .06 in bore give a lot of play giving us less structure? I like the option of being able to use the spacers with other wheels but if I doubt i'd find new wheels that had a centerbore of 72.62 while only needing a 10mm spacer (they usually need more). In my mind I would just sell the spacers with the wheels. I mean anything thats not direct fit after this will be a downgrade. Borbet type A here I come.
            -tim
            I like the stance

Comment

The wheels have a little lip. 0.06mm of material taken off is not going to be the straw to break the camels back. My last set of wheels were 16x7 with a 72.62 center bore. If you sell for wheels to a vdubber, they may not want those spacers. Where as everyone with a non hubcentric 7j wheel could use a 10mm spacer.

www.gecoils.com

Comment

I still think that they should be specific. I'm sure E30 guys would take these off our hands if we ever wanted to sell them. I know it's not a lot of material but we are already weakening the wheel a bit with the fill and drill.

I would prefer the 72.56 but i'd still be ok with the 72.62, as long as the price is better than what it would cost me to have 1 set made.

I'd hit J Anderson up with a PM to get his opinion. It sounds like he's in on it.

Everyone else interested in the hubcentric spacers needs to "speak now, or forever hold your peace"
                -tim
                I like the stance

Comment

Originally posted by britishbmw View Post
                  That would give us et10 with an 8" wide wheel, which would be close to perfect. I myself would rather roll the fender a bit to get a perfect look than take the chance of something rubbing the strut.

I would be in on buying spacers in a group buy to get them made specifically for this.
                  The stock 8X16 wheel is 23 et. - britishbmw, how does a 10mm spacer get it to an et 10? wouldn't it be an et 13?

Einstein's original suggestion was a 5mm spacer & golde30 said 10mm. Which should it be?
                  [I

Comment

I just checked my wheels. You are right.

Sorry thought it was et20. I read it somewhere else. So yes it would be et13, therefore, 10 mm spacers it should be. It will look the best in my opinion and golde30 has had these wheels on his car before so I trust his opinions.
                    -tim
                    I like the stance

Comment

im in for a set of spacers. all i really care about is getting the widest possible tires in the rear. gotta keep m52turbo power on the ground yo.

if someone's going to bust a "ghetto" wheel, i'll likely be the one... i like drag racing at irwindale speedway

Comment

Hubcentric spacers:
                        1.Einstein57
                        2.BritishBMW
                        3.LifeIsKaos
                        -tim
                        I like the stance

Comment

Originally posted by lifeiskaos View Post
                          im in for a set of spacers. all i really care about is getting the widest possible tires in the rear. gotta keep m52turbo power on the ground yo.

if someone's going to bust a "ghetto" wheel, i'll likely be the one... i like drag racing at irwindale speedway
                          I'd like to try some 245/45/16 wheels myself. I'm tired of drifting out of turns on autox events on 215/45/16 azenis 615s.

I have a pair of 25mm H&R spacers laying around. I'm going to turn them down to 10mm to see how i like them. If i don't like them i'll just keep stepping down till i find a size i like up front. The thing that worrys me is the hint of poke that appears to be already existing with the 5mm spacers.

www.gecoils.com

Comment

I'll be doing 225/45 and I like a bit of poke, but a couple mm doesn't bother me. Post pics of the test fitting if you can. Thanks Einstein57 for doing the grunt work on this project.
                            -tim
                            I like the stance

Comment

I'd be in for a set. I also have a few machining contacts if you're interested in shopping the job around.
                              '89 335is +turbo

Comment

Originally posted by Lurker27 View Post
                                I'd be in for a set. I also have a few machining contacts if you're interested in shopping the job around.
                                Sure see what the cost would be for 20 spacers

2000 post bitches. WOOT!!!!!
                                Last edited by einstein57; 02-20-2009, 12:16 AM.

www.gecoils.com

Comment

Working...
                                X