Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FS: Euroweaves - Powder Coated w/ New Dunlop Dirrezas (5 Wheels and Tires)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FS: Euroweaves - Powder Coated w/ New Dunlop Dirrezas (5 Wheels and Tires)

5 Style '5' BBS 15x7 4x100 powder-coated with center caps and 205/55 15 Dunlop Direzzas. Assembled one year ago and driven < 250 miles (except for the spare!) Powder-coated, perfect, with not a scratch on them. Wheel Date Codes: 4 Jul '88, 1 'Jul '90. To duplicate this new, cost would be $2,995 ($1952 for four wheels and center caps, one wheel with out a cap $343 ,includes shipping and tax, plus $570 for 5 tires, and $125 for mounting and balancing) Offering for $2,000 plus shipping. (Suggest GreyHound for cost) Local pick up too. Link to Photos:
    Explore richard ford’s 155 photos on Flickr!

Last edited by RFord888; 05-14-2020, 10:40 AM.

Hi- I’m interested in buying your wheels. How do you arrange for payment upon receipt? That’s the only way I’d buy them. How much for the wheels if I arrange for shipping? My email is below.
    Thank you
    Brian Maloney
    brianmaloneydesign@mac.com

Comment

Originally posted by balocco View Post
      Hi- I’m interested in buying your wheels. How do you arrange for payment upon receipt? That’s the only way I’d buy them. How much for the wheels if I arrange for shipping? My email is below.
      Thank you
      Brian Maloney
      brianmaloneydesign@mac.com
      Payment on receipt is your ask?

Comment

Yes. Exactly. I could set up an escrow and we go from there. I have an 89 325i in need of some better wheels. Thank and lmk.

Comment

COD / payment on receipt only protects the buyer -- if delivery is not completed for any reason, the seller ends up paying shipping both ways. A BAT auction would provide protection for BOTH parties, as the transaction can be easily unwound in case there is an issue. BAT charges far less than eBay's 10% fee, and I've seen plenty of Porsche and vintage Italian wheel sets listed there, so for a nice pricey set like this it's a viable option. Nothing at all against the buyer, but as a seller, I would trust an impartial third party with a proven track record and enforcement mechanism to be the intermediary, with protection for both.

Comment

PM’ed

Comment

That's a sweet deal...I have managed to find euroweaves and restored them but haven't bought tires yet; wondering how you liked those Dunlop Direzzas?

Comment

Re the tires - I don't really have a lot to compare them to. Run Pilot Sports on my e91 and E88 and love them. They are great in dry and wet. The Direzzas wet performance could be better. Dry handling is much better than the 14" Vredestein on the original wheels but that's really not a fair comparison. Frankly, I'm just glad high performance summer tires are still available in this size. If we wait ten years, the manufacturers will make special runs like the do for the 2002 (You can get the original Michelins and Pirellis in 185/70 13 now) except we'll have to pay twice the price. Until then, these fit the bill.

Comment

Thanks, yeah, only two choices really but good to know the Direzzas are fine. I currently have the Vredesteins and they seem good...though 14's will not hold the corners as well as 15's will.

Comment

I second that - from experience!

Comment

Put these back on the car this weekend. They are too good to be taking up space in the garage.

Thanks to all those who expressed interest but pulling the offer - crazy to sell them.

Comment

Originally posted by RFord888 View Post
                        Put these back on the car this weekend. They are too good to be taking up space in the garage.

Thanks to all those who expressed interest but pulling the offer - crazy to sell them.
                        yeah good call..I have a set myself and no way I would ever sell them

Comment

Where are you located?

Comment

I'm outside of Chicago

Comment

Sent a pm

Comment

Working...
                              X