X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ehrnst View Post
    Hi,
    How about a MS3X PnP for m20? :)
    I'm wondering this too I saw u did one for a s14.

Comment

It is possible, but to take full advantage of the features offered by ms3x it would render the factory harness partially useless. You would also have the mess of an extra wire harness running to the engine. Up to you.

Rich's PNP s14 ms3x has an auxiliary harness running out of it, adding sequential fuel capability and COP functionality. First time this combination has been asked of me. This has been accomplished with ms2 and almost every 4 cylinder engine that has seen MS. However, Richard wanted more. He wanted the added options ms3x offers, like native USB connectivity, on board SD card data logging, and tons of extra I/Os to control the random devices in his bay, all fit inside of a factory DME unit. The largest box I found was the early 325e DME, which has the same motronic 1.0 connector as the s14 harness. The box was heavily modified to accept the pcb 3.0, ms3, and the expansion board.

For instance, his m3 does not have A/C installed. Instead, I chose to use the A/C button to trigger data logging to the SD card. I'm not going to advertise the ms3x here, but you get the point.

This is my recommendation: In order to use what ms3x has to offer with an m20, it would be better to use ms3x with the m50 harness retrofitted on to the m20. You will then have enough wires in a low-cost, reliable, factory wiring harness to run sequential COP and Fuel, and to take full advantage all the awesome features ms3x has to offer. Check out chris325ix's thread on e30tech about how he did this, with LSx CNP coils.

Fitting this all inside of a box that looks factory is a story for another day. I am currently researching what other legs of the market have to offer, other than MS, since all further MS development has become a private ordeal.

Derek
      DedericMS

All-Red/MHW style Professional Tinted Tail lights
      PnP EMS, fuel injectors, wideband o2 systems

Comment

isnt there enough unused pins in the 55pin ecu? that way we could add wires to the connector

Comment

That is certainly possible, but involves a little more electrical work on the consumer end than I would expect for a PnP type ecu install. Perhaps there is interest in a semi-PnP conversion? I can build an aux harness that will poke into the 55pin connector, it will just be a bit more involved. That's a good idea actually.

There are 16 unused pins, which gives us some room for expansion. I may experiment with this.

Derek
          DedericMS

Comment

I am currently on a MS1 that has been modified and mounted to several cases by my selv over the years, and you can see this on the board.
            So I am in the market for a product like this. I also know that whodwho over @ e30tech is looking into getting something similar developed

Comment

Are you still selling this setup?
              sigpic

Rebellion Forge Custom Fabrication

1988 325is - TrackRat in progress

Instagram @rebellionforge

Comment

^ +1
                1990 325i Touring - The Bonsai Bimmer - Patiently Waiting
                1984 316 Coupe - The Base Model - Pain in the Ass
                1988 750iL - The Daily Driver
                ...And a couple others...

Comment

Production will resume for EMS components and related systems on Aug.1. My apologies for the hold up. We ran into problems with the building inspectors after the move, so much of my equipment is still stuck in storage, and will be until the building issues are resolved.

I'm currently working on the design of a pnp ms3-pro for the 24v engines. Stay tuned ;)

Comment

Originally posted by blueapplesoda View Post
                    Production will resume for EMS components and related systems on Aug.1. My apologies for the hold up. We ran into problems with the building inspectors after the move, so much of my equipment is still stuck in storage, and will be until the building issues are resolved.

I'm currently working on the design of a pnp ms3-pro for the 24v engines. Stay tuned ;)
                    count me in for a 24v ms setup, i was sad when i saw production was on hold :( whats $$ look like for this
                    sigpicFellow e30 enthusiast
                    Dont waste your time hating, aint nobody got time fo dat
                    1986 bronzit 325es- SOLD
                    1987 delphin 325i- parts car
                    1990 scwarz 325is- m50 drift slut
                    CHECK OUT THE BUILD!
                    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=229234

Comment

^Interested to see how this turns out as well
                      Originally posted by priapism
                      My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
                      Originally posted by shameson
                      Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

updated - check OP

Comment

Anything for m42?

Comment

As soon as I sell some stuff I'll be looking at one of these for sure for an M20. Do you have a base tune for a turbo with ~34# injectors?
                            1990 325i Touring - The Bonsai Bimmer - Patiently Waiting
                            1984 316 Coupe - The Base Model - Pain in the Ass
                            1988 750iL - The Daily Driver
                            ...And a couple others...

Comment

Pm'd you about a setup for M42

Comment

Now for the Updates!

-MS3 PnP systems are now available for m20, m30, m50nv.

-MS2 PnP systems are now available without the TPS and IAT sensors to make them comparable in pricing with competitors.

-PnP wideband systems have been updated to the streamlined SLC wideband controllers, for use with LSU 4.2 or LSU 4.9 sensors. Meant for use with megasquirt or any standalone, (o2 feedback, closed loop) but can be used with a standalone WB gauge or with the factory ECU (narrowband simulator option)

-Moved to a new location in Monterey Park, CA.

-Derek

Comment

Working...
                                X