Racing Dynamics m20 e30 headers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fporro View Post
    Now, lets talk about the actual headers for a minute.

- Does anyone has a picture of the little spring's attached to headers ? if so, please post it. Asking becouse RD sourced those from ANSA back then, they are/were F40 units. He assures me he'll have some in a few days.
    What function do they perform and are they essencial ?
    You talking about these springs?

As you can see from the picture, because the original headers had a doughnut style coupler that allows for some angular mis-alignment the flanges are held together tightly by the spring force.

- Flanges were updated with steel ones
    I'm confused by this... weren't the original headers made completely from stainless steel?
    Did they change the style of flange where the headers mate with the mid-section to a different type (i.e. 3 bolt flange)?

Comment

Yes, those little springs, thanks.

are the lower pipes oem 325i one's ?

About the steel, he just mentioned that, I have no idea since never seen a set my self.
      maybe there's some sort of upgrade nowaday's., wish they would send me pictures already, really.

Comment

are the lower pipes oem 325i one's ?
        No. The OEM exhaust uses a flat 3 bolt flange.

Comment

That's what I thought, it's been a while since looked at oem pipes.

Comment

frank
            what do we do about shipping them across the country? do we contact e30motorwerks and pay them, or should we pay you to ship them?
            Thanks
            Rich
            Yours truly,
            Rich
            sigpic
            Originally posted by Rigmaster
            you kids get off my lawn.....

Comment

Originally posted by delatlanta1281 View Post
              frank
              what do we do about shipping them across the country? do we contact e30motorwerks and pay them, or should we pay you to ship them?
              Thanks
              Rich
              It will be better to finalise transactions through paypal, easiest as to mantein everyones funds safely. shipping address on paypal files, so as soon as Rob has one set packed up well be able to quote individual shipping expenses., or, a 2x2x3 ft box and 25 lbs sounds right ?
              Last edited by fporro; 06-07-2012, 02:08 PM.

Comment

It will be better to finalise transactions through paypal, easiest as to mantein everyones funds safely. shipping address on paypal files, so as soon as Rob has one set packed up well be able to quote individual shipping expenses., or, a 2x2x3 ft box and 25 lbs sounds right ?
                That sounds good. PM me when you get a quote. I will send the remaining funds on the 14th when they hit the states, and I will also paypal shipping funds to whomever needs them
                Thanks Frank!
                Rich
                Yours truly,
                Rich
                sigpic

Comment

I would like to send a pre-paid shipping label to whoever is handling the shipping. I've got a corporate account through UPS, which should be cheaper than standard shipping.

Let me know who to contact about this.

Comment

Originally posted by mbonder View Post
                    I would like to send a pre-paid shipping label to whoever is handling the shipping. I've got a corporate account through UPS, which should be cheaper than standard shipping.

Let me know who to contact about this.
                    Me, just send me your account number and password, I will take care of the rest ;)
                    Yours truly,
                    Rich
                    sigpic

Comment

Lol, all of it will be handle through same account you sent deposit to.

Comment

Any pics yet?

Comment

nope.

Comment

Dang, guess I shoulda been around these parts more often lol.

Sweet little deal here!
                            sigpic

Comment

Lol, all of it will be handle through same account you sent deposit to.
                              Good deal. If you couldn't tell, you have me chomping at the bit man! Like a kid at x-mas. We have been talking about these headers for years. Always wanted to rock a set on the 87.
                              Yours truly,
                              Rich
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by delatlanta1281 View Post
                                Good deal. If you couldn't tell, you have me chomping at the bit man! Like a kid at x-mas. We have been talking about these headers for years. Always wanted to rock a set on the 87.

Oh I know, mee too.

the nail biter streches a bit more ...

As Federico put's it, "Wednesday is thight, but I have 5 coming.".

As of when will they come?, there's no mention of that, but they are coming, omg ! what an update to post.

He is aware of this Saturdays gatherings in Huntington Beach, so we'll see then.

Thank you guys for waiting, I'll keep you posted.

I'll be ordering more, there's 6 more people waiting for them, including you, but I am reluctant to place new order until I see the actual products.

Comment

Working...
                                X