Did you pay for downpipes too?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That was included in the initial 1300.
    e30sport.net
    '15 Porsche GT3 - 7-speed PDK - Daily Driver
    '86 325es - s54b32tu - 6-speed - Mtech 1
    '89 325is - m20b25 - 5-speed - Individual

Comment

If anyone changed their mind and doesn't want their set anymore, or if there's an unclaimed set Frank :thankyou:

Comment

Originally posted by BeirBrennerE30 View Post
        That was included in the initial 1300.

Frank would be the person to answer the downpipe refund question....I would like to know it myself.

If I understood this correctly, coating was always extra to the initial 1300 though.

Comment

Originally posted by zaq123 View Post
          Frank would be the person to answer the downpipe refund question....I would like to know it myself.

If I understood this correctly, coating was always extra to the initial 1300 though.

It was, but I paid the extra $100 and the headers showed up uncoated. I don't mind having to have them coated myself but then refund the $100
          e30sport.net

Comment

Originally posted by BeirBrennerE30 View Post
            It was, but I paid the extra $100 and the headers showed up uncoated. I don't mind having to have them coated myself but then refund the $100

I would imagine that you’ll be getting it back plus some for downpipes. Frank didn’t say how much he budgeted for downpipes in that 1300, I guess we found out soon enough

Comment

Originally posted by 02tradition View Post
              Some minor notes on fitment. The front piece went on perfect no issue :) The back piece required a little massaging of the holes. Flange probably warped slightly under heat of welding, anyways no big deal just reamed out the holes ever so slightly. Also that #5 exhaust stud is still a bear. Shouldn't be too big of a deal. I'll probably shorten the stud slightly and possibly grind a little off the weld off. All other clearances from what I can tell are A OK!
              I don't think the problem with the back bank fitment you had is a warping issue. I have the same issue with mine and the flange is perfectly flat. Most like there was an issue with a jig for drilling those holes. 3 cylinder top bold and 6 cylinder bottom bolt were grabbing, some filing took care of the issue. Some flange welds are definitely need some grinding as the nut bottoms out on the weld instead of the flange. Looks like common for these, judging by Frank's picture of from the previous GB (zoom in on copper nuts)

Comment

I haven't received my headers yet but being I missed out on the first GB, I'm thankful for Frank doing this second one, all the while knowing the BS he had to put up with the first time.
                Thank you Frank!:up:

Comment

Originally posted by uturn View Post
                  I haven't received my headers yet but being I missed out on the first GB, I'm thankful for Frank doing this second one, all the while knowing the BS he had to put up with the first time.

Thank you Frank!:up:

Agreed, there would be no unicorn headers ever again if not for Frank. Thank you sir. Unfortunately it looks like it didn’t go as planned again. 3rd time’s a charm??? Time for GB #3? :)

Comment

these are 1-5/8" off the head? mine BTB2/3 are like that and needed to get thin walled nuts and screw the nuts on progressively major PITA on the engine....my custom set will be 1-1/2" off the head stepped to 1-5/8" with no bend nearby to make install easier
                    89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

new build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=317505

Comment

Years ago, I contacted BTB for headers for my m30 swap because Alpina only had half a set left in stock. This was before Supersprint finally decided to fabricate them. BTB said they would not ship to the states.

Comment

Originally posted by uturn View Post
                        Years ago, I contacted BTB for headers for my m30 swap because Alpina only had half a set left in stock. This was before Supersprint finally decided to fabricate them. BTB said they would not ship to the states.
                        i got mine through Evolve way back. you'd probably need a freight forwarder otherwise. they dont seem to offer them anymore but they'd be too expensive in any case so it be cheaper to get a custom set...
                        89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

Comment

Anyone heard from Frank if we should expect any partial for the lack of downpipes?

Comment

Frank, I hope all is well. I have not received my headers yet.
                            ADAMS Autosport

Comment

Did we ever get confirmation that these are actual stainless? I have some surface rust inside the collector.
                              e30sport.net

Comment

get a magnet, 304 is not magnetic until you work harden it so just try magnet on a straight section of the pipe away from bends, swaged areas

the pics from earlier on look like stainless. you can still get light corrosion with 304

Comment

Working...
                                X