• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• firemanory
    replied
    Originally posted by zaq123 View Post
    Did you pay for downpipes too?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    We all paid for downpipes per the initial GB info.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• zaq123
    replied
    Originally posted by BeirBrennerE30 View Post
    Got my headers yesterday too. Paid for coating and they arrived uncoated. Are we going to get a refund for that?

Did you pay for downpipes too?

Leave a comment:

• BeirBrennerE30
    replied
    Got my headers yesterday too. Paid for coating and they arrived uncoated. Are we going to get a refund for that?

Leave a comment:

• zaq123
    replied
    Originally posted by jeffnhiscars View Post

It is pretty though :)

Bingo!!! SS can be made to look nice too but maintenance of that look will be a pain...considering the location

Leave a comment:

• Massive Lee
    replied
    Racing calipers often use stainless steel pistons in order to reduce heat transfer from brake pads to brake fluid...

Leave a comment:

• jeffnhiscars
    replied
    Originally posted by Massive Lee View Post
    Stainless steel is already a thermal barrier. Unlike regular steel. Therefore, I really wonder if ceramic coating them is really needed. ;-)
    The guy who sold me the coating said it was lol.

Seriously though.. a quick search yielded this in reference to stainless VS mild

"But chromium atoms that are mixed in with the iron have the added effect of making the material worse at conducting heat than mild steel"

If it's worse at conducting then it does give off less heat. Whether the difference is significant enough to call it a thermal barrier I have no idea and about how much the coating helps, I know even less.

It is pretty though :)

Leave a comment:

• Massive Lee
    replied
    Stainless steel is already a thermal barrier. Unlike regular steel. Therefore, I really wonder if ceramic coating them is really needed. ;-)

Leave a comment:

• jeffnhiscars
    replied
    Originally posted by BeirBrennerE30 View Post
    I don’t know if it’s been mentioned but what material are the headers made from. If it’s stainless instead of mild steel I would forgo the coating if that’s refunded. If it’s mild steel they gotta get coated in something if they will rust.
    I wound up with OE RDs which are stainless. I had them coated based on the supposed reduction in heat so there's that to consider

Leave a comment:

• zaq123
    replied
    Racing Dynamics m20 e30 headers

Headers came in today. Frank delivered after all, thank you sir.

Last edited by zaq123; 07-15-2019, 04:50 PM.

Leave a comment:

• zaq123
    replied
    Originally posted by fporro View Post
    Shipping out a few sets today and a remaining sets next week, sorry but been swapped at work.
    Who won the lottery last week guys? Remaining losers, what is the chance we get a tracking number tomorrow?

Leave a comment:

• BeirBrennerE30
    replied
    I don’t know if it’s been mentioned but what material are the headers made from. If it’s stainless instead of mild steel I would forgo the coating if that’s refunded. If it’s mild steel they gotta get coated in something if they will rust.

Leave a comment:

• jeffnhiscars
    replied
    Frank, I'm not sure how many sets you want coated or if it's worth the hassle but I had my headers Cerakoted here for $150. Not sure how much better they would do for volume but it's better than $220.

Leave a comment:

• fporro
    replied
    Yeah, spoke to Scott, he purged his system and does not have templates anymore.

As far as coating, they quoted me $220 or so a set or $150 if 6 units. no coating has been done.

Cheers

Leave a comment:

• firemanory
    replied
    Frank, were you able to get the pipes coated for the guys who wanted it?

Did you talk to Stromung about downpipes for this GB? If not I can contact Scott (worked with him before and he isn't too far from me) and ask him about making the downpipes again since he has a template already correct?

Just so I understand correctly, the GB included downpipes (as stated in initial thread)...so if I can get Scott to do the run on downpipes would you just pay him directly?

Thanks again Frank for getting this GB done!!

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• fporro
    replied
    Hi guys, down pipes guy is taking too long to produce them, so it will be better and probably easier to have your local exhaust shop mate them to your particular exhaust.

Shipping out a few sets today and a remaining sets next week, sorry but been swapped at work.

as far as stud # 5, nut will fit if you start it while header is a bit away from head, then start all others after it, that way it will clear perfectly.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X