Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Severe Duty Skid Plate Group Buy (Closed)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JGee
    replied
    Thanks for the report!

Sure we can fix that. Sledge hammer couple of bolts and patches, done deal.

Leave a comment:

• sandrune
    replied
    Welp, skid plate met it's match tonight. It did it's job though and my pan is all good as is everything else but damn I'm bummed. Was driving at the speed of traffic on the freeway and out of no where it just sounds like something on my car exploded. Cross all lanes of traffic to see what the hell happened. Apparently i had hit something in the road, my brand new lip was gone and when I looked under this was the state of my skid plate. I walked back down the road to see what I hit and there was a solid hunk of metal chilling in the road. Looks as if the plate itself pushed it to the side and then the bar just took the whole brunt of it. Snapped the bolts and actually bent the bar back a few inches. As I was looking under my car another car hit the same piece but they weren't so lucky. They weren't even able to get their car to the side of the road. Easily would've been another story for me if I didn't have the plate. Nothing broke other than the impact being strong enough to snap the bolts and bend the bar.

Anyway you think we can fix this man?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Sandy.M
    replied
    Originally posted by rzerob View Post
    I have been patiently waiting 5 years. I would most definitely appreciate one from the first batch.
    Would probably be in for one too...

Leave a comment:

• JGee
    replied
    ^Sorry no plans for a group buy.

The price has remained the same for more than five years. I will have to increase the price eventually. Just a heads UP :eeek:

Leave a comment:

• d:\program
    replied
    Will there be another group buy coming up?

Leave a comment:

• Streichholzschächtelchen
    replied
    Need me one of these once I touch money.

Leave a comment:

• rzerob
    replied
    Originally posted by dirtyEthirtyIX View Post
    I'll be first in line for the IX plate
    I have been patiently waiting 5 years. I would most definitely appreciate one from the first batch.

Leave a comment:

• dirtyEthirtyIX
    replied
    I'll be first in line for the IX plate

Leave a comment:

• JGee
    replied
    Originally posted by sandrune View Post
    Just coming back to say this product is amazing. Was in a hurry and wasn't paying as much attention as I should've been on an unknown street and realized there was a dip in the road at the last second. I hit hard. Felt like the car bounced up like a foot from the impact. Pulled over real quick to make sure everything was alright. Look under the car and the plate doesn't even have a dent in it. Plate has plenty of scrapes from the year of abuse but I was expecting a little bit of bowing at least from this hit. Blown away by the strength of this thing.

Right on, another oil pan saved! Happy motoring.

IX plate - I'm having a real problem coming up with something that is both functional and practical. I have to put the project aside for a bit but stay tuned.

JH

Leave a comment:

• sandrune
    replied
    Just coming back to say this product is amazing. Was in a hurry and wasn't paying as much attention as I should've been on an unknown street and realized there was a dip in the road at the last second. I hit hard. Felt like the car bounced up like a foot from the impact. Pulled over real quick to make sure everything was alright. Look under the car and the plate doesn't even have a dent in it. Plate has plenty of scrapes from the year of abuse but I was expecting a little bit of bowing at least from this hit. Blown away by the strength of this thing.

Leave a comment:

• JGee
    replied
    Originally posted by godspeedm3 View Post
    Any news on the IX skid plate? I too want one that covers the entire oil pan. And yes, I am off-roading.
    No real news but I have started drawing up a worksheet to make sense of a project like this. I will post some sort of an update in the next few weeks.

Originally posted by bradmer View Post
    I have to agree with the postings that say this product has saved my oil pan dozens of times. HIK has been on the car for at least 5 years, and now protects the 24v which sits even lower than the m20.
    You will never regret it, worth every penny.

Thanks, :grin:

JH

Leave a comment:

• bradmer
    replied
    Great skidplate

I have to agree with the postings that say this product has saved my oil pan dozens of times. HIK has been on the car for at least 5 years, and now protects the 24v which sits even lower than the m20.
    You will never regret it, worth every penny.

Leave a comment:

• godspeedm3
    replied
    Originally posted by JGee View Post
    The m30 version is the same except it is 10mm lower than the m20. So if you want maximum ground clearance now, get the m20 and space it down later or get the m30 version to protect both engines without mods.

Thanks, Chris and Matt! I would love to get a hold of an IX for a couple days.

We may need to start another discussion. What is needed/wanted out of a IX skid plate?

JH
    Any news on the IX skid plate? I too want one that covers the entire oil pan. And yes, I am off-roading.

Leave a comment:

• VBe30
    replied
    Originally posted by JGee View Post
    The m30 version is the same except it is 10mm lower than the m20. So if you want maximum ground clearance now, get the m20 and space it down later or get the m30 version to protect both engines without mods.

JH
    Just what I wanted to hear - Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• JGee
    replied
    Originally posted by VBe30 View Post
    Will the m30 version fit with an m20?

Going to be m30b35 swapping, but it only has m20 right now... but I just installed Ground Controls.

Thanks!

Thanks, Chris and Matt! I would love to get a hold of an IX for a couple days.

We may need to start another discussion. What is needed/wanted out of a IX skid plate?

JH

Leave a comment:

Working...
X