Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Severe Duty Skid Plate Group Buy (Closed)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JGee
    replied
    I have not even seen an IX in years, so that would not be wise.

Leave a comment:

• berlow94
    replied
    Can we pay for an IX skid plate now to get the special price? Then you ship whenever you have it fabbed up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• JGee
    replied
    Cyber Monday!
    The one and only sale of the year. $20 off any skid plate and 10% off anything else. Orders made between now and midnight cyber Monday are eligible. Shipments will go out on Tuesday.

Anybody in the SoCal area with IX want to get fitted with skid plate, drop me a line.

Good news I only have 129 orange stickers left after that maybe blue. :-)

Thanks for all the support!

JH

Leave a comment:

• straight6pwr
    replied
    JH-
    Have my 2nd e30 24v plate mounted. The flush mount bolts are a great upgrade from the 1st version I had. It has already taken some shots on shitty Milwaukee roads, and is unscathed. Sometimes I aim for stuff to scare my passengers. Whack! Thanks for making a quality product.

And sorry, had to remove the obnoxious bright orange branding sticker. Maybe you should consider something more subtle.

Leave a comment:

• berlow94
    replied
    Originally posted by Chrisbike View Post
    If you can make one for the iX. I'm in :)

I would also like one for the IX!

Leave a comment:

• Chrisbike
    replied
    If you can make one for the iX. I'm in :)

Leave a comment:

• J Mid
    replied
    Any Black Friday Deal this year? Might just give me the motivation to buy.

Leave a comment:

• JGee
    replied
    The end "stubs" are the only parts that get welded to the car.

Just cut a section for the hoop to pass and you are good to go.

JH
    Last edited by JGee; 10-13-2017, 06:20 PM.

Leave a comment:

• SpunkyE30nOk
    replied
    can i see pics of the where it is welded? either with or without bar installed. i am very interested as I've already cracked one oil pan. I just replaced it but I'm doing a whole slew of other things before she hits the streets again after sitting for 6 years. Anyone running the stock plastic undershield with their skidplate? I seen one pic of a shield under the plate. Any other pics would be appreciated.

Leave a comment:

• JGee
    replied
    Originally posted by crzylildude View Post
    Hey John…. is it possible to order just the PLATE for the M20 engine? (Hayward, CA)

No problem, I sell all the parts individually.

Skid Plate................................$140
    Hoop Bar (no stubs)..................$110
    Stubs......................................$45

JH

Leave a comment:

• crzylildude
    replied
    Hey John…. is it possible to order just the PLATE for the M20 engine?… I have the original "E30 Motor Werks" plate and it is all banged-up … please dm me the cost ship to 94541 (Hayward, CA)

Leave a comment:

• JGee
    replied
    Originally posted by jpod999 View Post
    John- I asked this question a few pages back but thought I would bring some more clarity to it. My original question was, can I run my 24v skidplate on my 32v swap? As I am running the Garagistic subframe spacers, there is no way that it will all bolt up back together as is. I think what I'll need is a new support tube that's extended by the thickness of the subframe spacers, 10mm I believe. Is this going to be a custom job or do you have something that will work?

I'm willing to use my car as a test bed for superior 32v oil pan protection ;)
    Very interesting.

PM sent

Leave a comment:

• jpod999
    replied
    John- I asked this question a few pages back but thought I would bring some more clarity to it. My original question was, can I run my 24v skidplate on my 32v swap? As I am running the Garagistic subframe spacers, there is no way that it will all bolt up back together as is. I think what I'll need is a new support tube that's extended by the thickness of the subframe spacers, 10mm I believe. Is this going to be a custom job or do you have something that will work?

I'm willing to use my car as a test bed for superior 32v oil pan protection ;)

Leave a comment:

• JGee
    replied
    Originally posted by grinchxvx View Post
    I'm assuming just have someone else weld on new V ribs? Mine are almost gone towards the front of the plate haha

Yes Sir, or you could build it up with some weld bead but, be careful let the piece cool between welds or it will warp up like an ugly taco.

JH

Leave a comment:

• grinchxvx
    replied
    Originally posted by JGee View Post
    I have never heard of or got a report of someone damaging their frame from a hard skid plate hit. I am pretty certain that if someone encounters a hit that hard, they would have much bigger things to worry about.

The HIK Fab Severe Duty skid plate is a proven superior design. That being said even the most heavy duty skid plate has a "lifetime". If you are running with ground down "V ribs" or a bent plate, you are running on borrowed time. Please get it repaired!

JH

I'm assuming just have someone else weld on new V ribs? Mine are almost gone towards the front of the plate haha

Leave a comment:

Working...
X