Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Severe Duty Skid Plate Group Buy (Closed)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sandrune
    replied
    Originally posted by grinchxvx View Post
    It took me about an hour to get my car up in the air, get the skid plate off, hammer it out, add some washers, and get it back together

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I imagine the majority of that was hammering that big dent out hahah this plate doesn't like to move at all

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• grinchxvx
    replied
    Originally posted by sandrune View Post
    I don't see how it wouldn't work with the tools you have. Think it's just some size 10 nuts and bolts and some use a small Allen key. Not 100% sure on the sizes but they're basic tools. Once it's been installed it probably can be removed and mounted in 5 minutes depending on how fast you are. You can drop the the engine that way just remember that you're going to have to get your car up HIGH. Are you switching to a different engine or just refreshing this one? Because different motors have different plates.

It took me about an hour to get my car up in the air, get the skid plate off, hammer it out, add some washers, and get it back together

Leave a comment:

• sandrune
    replied
    Originally posted by BaltimoreBimmer View Post
    Ok so just to be clear: is it possible to drop the front subframe as one piece perhaps with the motor? Idk what approach I will take (going to have the engine/tranny out) but I want to make sure this skid plate works with the tools I have assuming I install it before the overhaul (makes no sense to do this but sometimes I'm lazy)
    Forgot topress reply in my last post. Whoops.

I don't see how it wouldn't work with the tools you have. Think it's just some size 10 nuts and bolts and some use a small Allen key. Not 100% sure on the sizes but they're basic tools. Once it's been installed it probably can be removed and mounted in 5 minutes depending on how fast you are. You can drop the the engine that way just remember that you're going to have to get your car up HIGH. Are you switching to a different engine or just refreshing this one? Because different motors have different plates.

Leave a comment:

• sandrune
    replied
    Last edited by sandrune; 09-12-2016, 09:14 AM.

Leave a comment:

• BaltimoreBimmer
    replied
    Ok so just to be clear: is it possible to drop the front subframe as one piece perhaps with the motor? Idk what approach I will take (going to have the engine/tranny out) but I want to make sure this skid plate works with the tools I have assuming I install it before the overhaul (makes no sense to do this but sometimes I'm lazy)

Leave a comment:

• sandrune
    replied
    Ok so quick question: this skid plate welds onto the car. How do you remove it for regular maintenance of things. Say I want to drop my oil pan, can I not do that with this plate installed?
    The upper mounts are welded to your frame. The bar bolts to that and then the plate bolts to the bar and the steering rack. All is removable except for the little mount which in no way will get in the way

Leave a comment:

• grinchxvx
    replied
    Ok so quick question: this skid plate welds onto the car. How do you remove it for regular maintenance of things. Say I want to drop my oil pan, can I not do that with this plate installed?

No the support bar welds to the car then you bolt to that. It doesn't get in the way of anything really.

Leave a comment:

• BaltimoreBimmer
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Shu
    replied
    Wow, if that's not a testament, I don't know what is!

Leave a comment:

• jpod999
    replied
    More proof how awesome this skidplate is!

Leave a comment:

• grinchxvx
    replied
    Big thanks to John for making such a beefy skidplate. I hit some train tracks in downtown slc going about 40 today and the airbag deployed because of how hard I hit them but my pan was safe. Put a big ass dent right Behind the support bar but it was really a hell of a hit. Glad I had this plate on and not another red 46 because my pan would definitely be a goner.

Leave a comment:

• M42-BOOST
    replied
    yup.. i think i need one of these for the touring!
    sending PM now lol

Leave a comment:

• Peelsbimmer
    replied
    😰

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• JGee
    replied
    ^Group buy is closed.

Leave a comment:

• Peelsbimmer
    replied
    Is there a group buy going on right now?

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

Working...
X