Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Severe Duty Skid Plate Group Buy (Closed)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JGee
    replied
    ^All versions are in stock. Lead time is zero Point zero.

Leave a comment:

• m3mods
    replied
    I'd like to buy an m42 skid plate. What's the lead time on one?

Leave a comment:

• JGee
    replied
    Where the hell have I been. Thanks! for the endorsements everyone.

Originally posted by grinchxvx View Post
    Has anyone broke a pan with one of these? I hit you up about buying one a few months ago and then later decided I would probably be good with a red 46 but ended up breaking my pan this week and now I'm really hating myself for not getting this. May still upgrade to this rather then replace pan and try my luck some more.

I now know of two guys breaking oil pans with the HIK Fab skid plate installed. First guy was jumping his e30 in a construction zone several years ago and just recently a slammed drifter cracked his near the oil drain plug. (so that was obliviously a side hit on the weakest part of the plate) I am now exploring the possibility of a drifter/racer/rally skid plate design. :devil:

Originally posted by E30xium View Post
    How low does this set on the ground on an E30 m20? Does it sit lower than the IS Lip Spoiler?
    The bottom of the "V" ribs sit about 25mm or 1" below the front sub-frame on the M20 and 10mm lower on M42 and 24 valve swapped cars. Many people have raised the drive train on 24 valve swaps and used the M20 skid plate to gain ground clearance.

I just want something that I can drive as fast as I want with on the street and not worry about having to break. I wonder if it's strong enough to save your pan if you spun out and went over a curb or something of that nature.
    It IS the most severe heavy duty e30 skid plate out there, but it's not a magical skid plate, physics still apply. ;)

Originally posted by jpod999 View Post
    It's definitely worth it, you only have to purchase it once.

I actually have the 24v swap plate on my car. My car had an M42 but I had planned on going 24v so I picked up that skidplate. If you are M42 and are planning on swapping, keep in mind that the 24v skidplate will fit your car buy you will have to drill some holes in the support bar.
    :up: The M42 bars are now drilled with both sets of holes. All the setups are interchangeable to a degree. Worst case is M20 to M50 you will need to space the plate down and get longer hardware or raise and align the drive train.

Leave a comment:

• jpod999
    replied
    It's definitely worth it, you only have to purchase it once.

I actually have the 24v swap plate on my car. My car had an M42 but I had planned on going 24v so I picked up that skidplate. If you are M42 and are planning on swapping, keep in mind that the 24v skidplate will fit your car but you will have to drill some holes in the support bar.
    Last edited by jpod999; 08-12-2016, 09:50 AM. Reason: spelling

Leave a comment:

• grinchxvx
    replied
    I made that same mistake years ago when I got a raceskids plate rather than John's plate. After I broke my pan I got John's plate and have had absolutely no issues since. I once hit a 1-1.5" lip in the road where they were doing construction and had shaved down part of the road surface, but not all. I hit it dead on at probably 35-40mph and literally bounced my car off of it. I didn't even slow down to check to see if the oil pan was broken.

Seriously, this thing is strong. Anyone who is heavily lowered absolutely needs this skidplate, no other product comes close.

Summer time is really slow at my job so I'm pretty tight on cash but I might make the stretch to get one of these and just sell my red 46. Here's how low the pan sits on my car.

Leave a comment:

• rzerob
    replied
    I have had mine for 4 years now and it is a beast. I have hit so much stuff with it that I have ground away at the plate. Today I actually took it off and beat it with a hammer to straighten it out then clean and prepped it for some paint. Now it is good as new. Highly recommended, especially for lowered cars.

Leave a comment:

• Matt-B
    replied
    I made that same mistake years ago when I got a raceskids plate rather than John's plate. After I broke my pan I got John's plate and have had absolutely no issues since. I once hit a 1-1.5" lip in the road where they were doing construction and had shaved down part of the road surface, but not all. I hit it dead on at probably 35-40mph and literally bounced my car off of it. I didn't even slow down to check to see if the oil pan was broken.

Seriously, this thing is strong. Anyone who is heavily lowered absolutely needs this skidplate, no other product comes close.
    Best plate for the $,

i hit a small baseball sized piece of asphalt on freeway, and my raceskids plate bent up and cracked pan.

With this Jgee plate, i was traveling to work 1 morning and it was foggy outside and dark, going about 40mph, i hit a small piece of concrete curb ( about the size of a large work boot. It broke and shattered in to many pieces, left a tiny grove in the paint, while the car sort of hopped over it...

I also go gold prospecting a lot down abandoned dirt roads, the washed out roads as terrible as they are, are no issue. I can sort of skip over the large rocks in the road

Leave a comment:

• sandrune
    replied
    I see, thank you. Very nice car. Yea I'm wanting this skid plate for my m20 and planning on replacing my suspension with the airlift system. Just trying to figure out if it'll be too high on 0 psi.
    Thank you :) Easiest way for me to tell you is picture where your steering rack would be and then it will sit about half an inch to 1.5 inches below that. Mines half an inch because I raised the engine and oil pan, if I didn't do that he puts in a couple big washers to clear the pan. Don't know if that's specific for the m42 because it sits so low though. He might not put washers in for The m20 but I personally have no clue. But if he doesn't there's still a step down on the plate that will put it about half an inch down from the steering rack. Hopefully that helps visualize it better. Best of luck!

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• E30xium
    replied
    I see, thank you. Very nice car. Yea I'm wanting this skid plate for my m20 and planning on replacing my suspension with the airlift system. Just trying to figure out if it'll be too high on 0 psi.

Leave a comment:

• sandrune
    replied
    Can i see front and side view pics of your car? I want to see if the skid plate is flush on your spoiler and your wheel gap. Thxs!
    Mines not a good reference, I had to have him do a custom install on it because of the height. Depending on what engine you have the bar will be different heights as well. I have the m42 engine so the bar sat the lowest. Was maybe half an inch off the ground when I put it on and the car sits like this so he gave me a different bar, shortened some things a bit more and made it work for me. If you want a couple more pictures let me know. I just didn't want to walk outside cause it's hot

Leave a comment:

• E30xium
    replied
    Can i see front and side view pics of your car? I want to see if the skid plate is flush on your spoiler and your wheel gap. Thxs!

Leave a comment:

• jpod999
    replied
    Has anyone broke a pan with one of these? I hit you up about buying one a few months ago and then later decided I would probably be good with a red 46 but ended up breaking my pan this week and now I'm really hating myself for not getting this. May still upgrade to this rather then replace pan and try my luck some more.

Leave a comment:

• sandrune
    replied
    Please do, I just want something that I can drive as fast as I want with on the street and not worry about having to break. I wonder if it's strong enough to save your pan if you spun out and went over a curb or something of that nature.
    Alright here are some pictures for you. This thing is in insanely great condition after my 4000 mile trip. I wasn't driving slow, was pretty much 90 the whole way out there. And as I said the plate for me is an inch or so off the ground because of how low my car sits. I even went off road for 10 miles or so and took some hard hits to some big rocks. This thing is sturdy. I believe his only reported pan break is from a guy that was jumping the car. It's easy to remove if you have some engine work to do but it's not going to budge at all while it's installed. and here's a Picture of the road I was off roading on. Given I was crawling through here, not at any speed but still I was more afraid of getting stuck cause of my height then breaking a pan.

Get the plate. It's the best out there

Leave a comment:

• grinchxvx
    replied
    Originally posted by sandrune View Post
    This thing takes a beating. I'll post a picture of mine up, I just got done with a 2000 Mile trip to Yellowstone and back all with it sitting an inch or so off the ground because I'm just that low. There were some HEAVY hits but I'm still rolling. I'll post some up in a few hours for you

Please do, I just want something that I can drive as fast as I want with on the street and not worry about having to break. I wonder if it's strong enough to save your pan if you spun out and went over a curb or something of that nature.

Leave a comment:

• sandrune
    replied
    This thing takes a beating. I'll post a picture of mine up, I just got done with a 2000 Mile trip to Yellowstone and back all with it sitting an inch or so off the ground because I'm just that low. There were some HEAVY hits but I'm still rolling. I'll post some up in a few hours for you

Leave a comment:

Working...
X