Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Severe Duty Skid Plate Group Buy (Closed)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JinormusJ
    replied
    Saw these on e30tech and I almost gave up hope of getting my hands on one knowing I'd never get activated

So glad these are on here on r3v as well. This is the first an last plate I'd ever need

Leave a comment:

• Tyler_e30
    replied
    just bought mine. cant wait for it to get here!

Leave a comment:

• JGee
    replied
    Originally posted by FLG View Post
    More info please
    The people wanted flush bolts. Countersunk black nickle coated 12.9 grade bolts you will have.

Originally posted by Ruggznick View Post
    hey im interested ! M20 to NJ?!
    In stock ready to go. Price is $330 shipped. PayPal is John@HIKFabrication.com

Originally posted by Matt-B View Post
    This is bay far the best plate on the market, nothing else comes close, or can compare to it. I love mine, and recommend everyone get one, even on a non lowered daily! :)
    Thanks Matt.

JH

Leave a comment:

• Matt-B
    replied
    This is bay far the best plate on the market, nothing else comes close, or can compare to it. I love mine, and recommend everyone get one, even on a non lowered daily! :)

Leave a comment:

• Ruggznick
    replied
    hey im interested ! M20 to NJ?!

Leave a comment:

• FLG
    replied
    Originally posted by JGee View Post
    The severe duty has been redesigned a bit. Check it out

JH
    More info please

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Leave a comment:

• JGee
    replied
    Originally posted by thebutcher37 View Post
    As my first solution I was wondering if replacing the bolts with carriage Bolts and push from the bottom up and tighten the bolt from up top would be a better idea. Instead of the normal insert bolt up top tighten nut from the bottom.
    The severe duty has been redesigned a bit. Check it out

IMG_4772
    JH
    Last edited by JGee; 10-13-2017, 06:56 PM.

Leave a comment:

• JGee
    replied
    A bunch of people have been asking if this Skid Plate is still available and the answer is Hell Ya.

I will be at the e30 Motor Werks Car Show/BBQ this weekend with a one day only 10% off everything sale. Cya there! (I will most likely be grilling.)

Check the website for products available. HIKFabrication.com

INFO:
    6th Annual Car Show & BBQ
    Saturday, June 15th, 2013
    10AM-3PM

Shop Location:
    17671 Metzler Lane, Unit A5
    Huntington Beach, CA 92647

JH

Leave a comment:

• jt223539
    replied
    First let me start by relaying a message from my oil pan:

"THANK YOU FOR MAKING A AMAZING PRODUCT!!!"

Seriously this plate has taken some serious shit, I have been told my car has gotten air born a couple of times. And thanks to this plate I am still on my first oil pan on my m42. Here is a picture I think you might enjoy:

Thank you in advanced, also thank you for making such a great product.

Leave a comment:

• JFarhanbod
    replied
    fuhh something like this for my e24 would be awesome! pm me if youd be down. im local

Leave a comment:

• JGee
    replied
    Originally posted by thebutcher37 View Post

WOW! Hope you don't have any fuel leaks with all the sparks you must be generating.

In early prototypes we used counter sunk bolts which worked good until we went with 8mm bolts then the head of the bolt became thicker than the plate itself preventing tightening of the bolts. You could use 6mm bolts counter sink the plate and your good.

You need to replenish the "ribs" with some fresh angle iron. Its 1/2 angle if your in the neighborhood stop by I give some scrapes or drop the plate off and I'll hook you up with a refresh job for 40 bones.

The carriage bolts are going to be difficult to tighten as the plate does not have square holes. Welding them would be better but, the bolts you have now are about the same height of a carriage bolt so how long are they going to last?

Welding the plate to the hoop is another option not a solution for me (shipping) but, you can still remove the entire unit if needed.

^^Clif if want a hoop let me know I have some options (cut to fit). If you are or going to be one of my many competitors please talk about it elsewhere.

JH

Leave a comment:

• thebutcher37
    replied
    Originally posted by CHIF8008 View Post
    well i dont have a severe duty plate so my front mounts was just to the core support(so those bolts were safe) but at the back i was mounted to the subframe and it was a bad design from the start. ended up fabing up tabs that let the rear of the plate mount up and "hug" the front sub-frame as it bolted up higher along the natural bend that it had.

i eventually want to make the front mount like these do. to the frame via a hoop, but i may just weld the plate to the hoop (since it detaches up higher) no need for two points that are removable up front.

i know that "shoot i think im a little low" feeling
    [IMG]http://i884.photobucket.com/albums/ac47/CHIF8008/e30/044.jpg[IMG]

photobucket is being slow for me. idk if i have proper pics of the rear mount setup.
    Ha thats crazy thanks for sharing but I'm going to ask for more info on your setup please... Is there a thread i can see your process of it?

Leave a comment:

• CHIF8008
    replied
    well i dont have a severe duty plate so my front mounts was just to the core support(so those bolts were safe) but at the back i was mounted to the subframe and it was a bad design from the start. ended up fabing up tabs that let the rear of the plate mount up and "hug" the front sub-frame as it bolted up higher along the natural bend that it had.

i eventually want to make the front mount like these do. to the frame via a hoop, but i may just weld the plate to the hoop (since it detaches up higher) no need for two points that are removable up front.

i know that "shoot i think im a little low" feeling

photobucket is being slow for me. idk if i have proper pics of the rear mount setup.
    Last edited by CHIF8008; 03-10-2013, 05:09 PM.

Leave a comment:

• thebutcher37
    replied
    Originally posted by CHIF8008 View Post
    i went through sets of bolts daily with my other skid plate set up just like this. ended up redesigning the plate. i think the same is needed for this
    Please share, unless this is something you plan on profiting from.

Thanks for taking the time to read my comment.

Any other input or suggestions please explain, Im going to be doing this the next week or so.

Leave a comment:

• thebutcher37
    replied
    I spoke with John (JGee) and these bolts are 8mmX60mm Grade 8.8 bolts.

As my first solution I was wondering if replacing the bolts with carriage Bolts and push from the bottom up and tighten the bolt from up top would be a better idea. Instead of the normal insert bolt up top tighten nut from the bottom.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X