Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Severe Duty Skid Plate Group Buy (OPEN)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by grinchxvx View Post
    Big thanks to John for making such a beefy skidplate. I hit some train tracks in downtown slc going about 40 today and the airbag deployed because of how hard I hit them but my pan was safe. Put a big ass dent right Behind the support bar but it was really a hell of a hit. Glad I had this plate on and not another red 46 because my pan would definitely be a goner.

    NICE!

    Originally posted by BaltimoreBimmer View Post
    Ok so quick question: this skid plate welds onto the car. How do you remove it for regular maintenance of things. Say I want to drop my oil pan, can I not do that with this plate installed?
    The question was all ready answered (Thanks Guys)
    The only thing welded to the car are the stubs, that the hoop is bolted to. They are welded directly to the frame rails and are only about 1.5" tall. So no interference what so ever.


    Originally posted by Peelsbimmer View Post
    Do you plan on doing another group buy?!?!

    Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk
    Nope sorry. :-(


    JH
    HIK Fab

    Comment


      😰

      Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk
      Holy shit did you even read this post before you posted?

      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/announcement.php?f=156

      This thread sure sucked last night. It just plain sucked. I've seen threads suck before but this is the suckiest bunch of sucks that ever sucked.

      Comment


        Originally posted by Peelsbimmer View Post
        Do you plan on doing another group buy?!?!

        Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk
        This

        Comment


          Originally posted by GG///M3 View Post
          This
          Sadly.....he said he wasnt![emoji27]
          Maybe if enough of us ask.....he might....

          Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk
          Holy shit did you even read this post before you posted?

          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/announcement.php?f=156

          This thread sure sucked last night. It just plain sucked. I've seen threads suck before but this is the suckiest bunch of sucks that ever sucked.

          Comment


            ^

            "Stand tall and shake the heaven."
            "Stand Tall and Shake the Heavens"

            Comment


              I've already asked like three times already. Someone else's turn. Lol

              Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk
              Holy shit did you even read this post before you posted?

              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/announcement.php?f=156

              This thread sure sucked last night. It just plain sucked. I've seen threads suck before but this is the suckiest bunch of sucks that ever sucked.

              Comment


                Do you plan on doing another group buy?

                Comment


                  I'm not sure this is the same unit I've read about, but if it is it can damage the frame of the car on a hard hit. I'd rather have a cracked oil pan.


                  Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by GG///M3 View Post
                    I'm not sure this is the same unit I've read about, but if it is it can damage the frame of the car on a hard hit. I'd rather have a cracked oil pan.


                    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


                    How so? I'm definitely one of the top abusers of this skid plate so just wondering how that works


                    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by grinchxvx View Post
                      How so? I'm definitely one of the top abusers of this skid plate so just wondering how that works


                      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      I guess because it's so stiff and hard the frame would bend or buckle where it's welded in? It'd have to be a hard hit, probably like the one you had that set off your airbags, but even then I don't know. Maybe take a glance at it and let us know if you see any signs of stress? I still slow down a ton whenever there's railroads or bumps or dips so I never really hit hard. But there's always those surprises.

                      Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk
                      '91 318is
                      sigpic

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by sandrune View Post
                        I guess because it's so stiff and hard the frame would bend or buckle where it's welded in? It'd have to be a hard hit, probably like the one you had that set off your airbags, but even then I don't know. Maybe take a glance at it and let us know if you see any signs of stress? I still slow down a ton whenever there's railroads or bumps or dips so I never really hit hard. But there's always those surprises.

                        Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

                        I figured it would break the welds before that, I check the paint and welds on the frame and nothing had cracks of chips so I'm assuming it's fine.
                        I usually do too but i didn't think the tracks stuck up that much. I'm going back to stock e30 drop hats soon so hopefully I don't hit everything like I am now.


                        Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                        Comment


                          I have never heard of or got a report of someone damaging their frame from a hard skid plate hit. I am pretty certain that if someone encounters a hit that hard, they would have much bigger things to worry about.

                          The HIK Fab Severe Duty skid plate is a proven superior design. That being said even the most heavy duty skid plate has a "lifetime". If you are running with ground down "V ribs" or a bent plate, you are running on borrowed time. Please get it repaired!



                          JH
                          HIK Fab

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by JGee View Post
                            I have never heard of or got a report of someone damaging their frame from a hard skid plate hit. I am pretty certain that if someone encounters a hit that hard, they would have much bigger things to worry about.



                            The HIK Fab Severe Duty skid plate is a proven superior design. That being said even the most heavy duty skid plate has a "lifetime". If you are running with ground down "V ribs" or a bent plate, you are running on borrowed time. Please get it repaired!







                            JH


                            I'm assuming just have someone else weld on new V ribs? Mine are almost gone towards the front of the plate haha


                            Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by grinchxvx View Post
                              I'm assuming just have someone else weld on new V ribs? Mine are almost gone towards the front of the plate haha

                              Yes Sir, or you could build it up with some weld bead but, be careful let the piece cool between welds or it will warp up like an ugly taco.




                              JH
                              HIK Fab

                              Comment


                                John- I asked this question a few pages back but thought I would bring some more clarity to it. My original question was, can I run my 24v skidplate on my 32v swap? As I am running the Garagistic subframe spacers, there is no way that it will all bolt up back together as is. I think what I'll need is a new support tube that's extended by the thickness of the subframe spacers, 10mm I believe. Is this going to be a custom job or do you have something that will work?

                                I'm willing to use my car as a test bed for superior 32v oil pan protection ;)

                                OBDI M62B44/6 swap
                                Transaction feedback
                                - jpod999

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X